+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I totally forgot about this page I can't believe that it's been over a month since I posted last

KK88

AFM I didn't weigh myself last week but prior to that I was down to my lowest weight ever. So far I've lost 14.3kgs. I'd really like to lose another 12.6kgs before we start ttc #2, but that number is in question right now.

I don't know why but for the last few days I've been so hungry! Even with taking 40g of Duromine everday?!? Yesterday I had for breakfast I had an egg and ww bacon on toast, some cruskits with light peanut butter for m/t, a light pie for lunch and an orange, some grapes and an orange for a/t, a crunchy bread roll with chicken caesar salad for dinner and a frozen yoghurt tick for dessert. On top of that I nibbled on grapes and other things throughout the day. It may not sound like much and I know that its all pretty healthy but I just feel like I'm eating all day long. Added with the fact that I can't exercise at the moment with my leg all bunged up.

Plus I've been having issues with my Dr surgery. I went to my nurse appointment last Thursday to find out that my nurse wasn't available, that she was moving out of nursing and I might not be able to see her again :-( I didn't even get a phone call before my appointment to explain this change to me. If you ask me it is plain rude! I am contemplating changing Dr, stopping the Duromine (I don't know if a new Dr would prescribe it to me) and maybe ttc #2 earlier. I am feeling really clucky and extremely confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow Ariana your doing great! I find the situation with the nurse very rude! I had a similar situation, I had my next depo needle booked in for January with my nurse, turne up to get it & 'oh we no longer have a nurse anymore, sorry'. So if I really wanted that needle as it was due that day I would of had to run around drs surgerys looking for someone to inject me! Luckily I decided to dispose of the injection & let my body go hormone free until we ttc #2. If you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh? Iv never been prescribed more than 30g of duromine and it doesn't seem to block the hunger some times. I'm wonderig if it got to do with bmi's or what not. Most drs here r happy to hand out duromine prescriptions if ur bmi is above 30, maybe you won't have such a hard time as you think? You really need a drs surgery you can trust to be compliant.

So anyway how's everyone going? It's been pretty quiet here. I have been doing horrible. I don't know what's going on win my body. Every time I eat within 40min I have horrible cramps and then need to go to the toilet. Like hard core runs,tmi sorry. But then I'm so friggin hungry and I want to pick and pick. You know your fat when u scoff your sons favorite chips at 11pm at night and fight off the thoughts that he goin 2 be devo when he wakes up and he's got none for morning tea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I'm new to this thread. I've read some of the posts, but there are just too many to start at the beginning.

You know that moment where you realize you're not happy anymore? I had it about an hour ago.
    What am I doing? I know I'm so far overweight that I need to do something about it, but I'm just not. I'm stil making bad choices and slacking off whenever I can get away with it.

I hope it's ok to post here, I was going to start a new thread, but I felt too vulnerable putting this out there for any 'average sized' people to read.

What do you do when you know all the things you need to do to lose weight, but lack the drive to do it? I'm nutritionally educated, ive been a gym member for 9 years and have had every kind of program out there, I've done WW successfully til I started going off track.

At most, I am motivated for 3 weeks.

I was talking to dh and I mentioned that I felt like I look worse than I did before kids. I was overweight, but I could camouflage it to a degree and never looked pregnant if I wasn't, but now, I do.

I asked for his honest opinion, and he agreed, and I just feel a million times ugly...
    I know he loves me, but I dont particularly love me right now.
    I'm embarrassed and ashamed of me.

And the worst thing is I know that no matter how bad I feel today, and how well I eat and exercise this week, next week I'll be making bad choices again.

So I'm here because I need help.
    Anyone have any suggestions that helped them if anyone has ever been here?
    I'm Putting it out there. I've never been this honest. I'm 132kg. Ugh.

Help
    Last edited by Daydream Believer; 01-04-2011 at 13:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh chelleylane hugs.I'm very similar to you in the motivation part, you just have to read my weight loss journal to see that. Iv just started celebrity slim shakes to kick start my weightloss again. Maybe this can be a option for you? It helps that its easy to follow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys

I have been absent the last couple of weeks due to starting a new job. It has been hard to stick to healthy eating with starting shift work again. But I have done it. I have managed to lose 1.4kg in 2 weeks. I know the weightloss is only small but honestly I thought that I would gain weight with working nights. I am at my lowest weight in over 2 years and DH has even noticed the change. My goal now is to be at 100kg by my mums birthday at the end of May. So my challenge is to lose 11kg in 7 weeks. I know I can do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls thought I'd better pop my head in here, it's been a while! Welcome newbies

Chelleylane - I can't really offer much advice on motivation other than to say if you really want to loose weight you'll get the motivation some how. Something somewhere will click and you'll find yourself working out without even realising it. I still have to force myself to exercise every day. I missed today and probably will miss tomorrow, but then I feel guilty for it.

Well it's been 4 months now since I "officially" started my weight loss journey. I don't even know exactly how much I've lost because ever scale I weigh myself on tells me something different. Sometimes the scales say 6kg other times it's only 2kg. Either way I feel that what I have lost is just pitiful. Normal people seem to be able to loose .5-1kg a week, but me I'm lucky to loose that a month. My GP can't understand why I'm so upset with my weight loss, all he tells me is to not eat sugar.

Don't even get me started on the useless dietitian I saw!! I'm just kind of making it up as I go along. I'm now taking metaformin which I thought was helping, but I don't know still not seeing any movement on the scales. I take my measurements but I think I've been doing it wrong

I'm just so over it all, I'm sick of being this way but my body and the PCOS is working against me. Maybe TMI but I've been bleeding now for 6 weeks, can't get in to see a gyno, they wont even call me back to make an appointment! When ever I exercise I get really bad pain in my left ovary and it makes me bleed more. Apparently exercise can make the cysts burst...so WTF do I do keep exercising or just wait until the pain and bleeding stops??!!! If I stop exercising I'm not going to loose the weight...

Seriously having a bad week this week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello

I'm sorry I don't keep up with this thread...

I hope you don't mind me barging in just to share something a bit exciting..

I separated from my dh a few months ago.. but we will prob work things out with time... but anyway he is working as a personal trainer and starting Monday I'm going to go to his gym and he'll give me a workout whilst he holds the baby
    (nobody else will be there)

This is great!

Though I hope I don't get annoyed with him..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kk88. I needed someone to help me feel a bit better. Turns out this isn't a very active thread anymore I ended up going for a walk, instead, and I felt much better very quickly.

I'm still so I don't really think I can do the shakes although I am seriously considering it... Already my supply has been affected, just by lowering my calorie intake and upping the exercise. But I would like to feed long term, and simply cannot put off losin weight any longer...
    I'm using an iPhone app called My Fitness Pal, and it's going well so far. Its only been a bit more than a week, but I feel a little more in control of things. And accountable.
    At this point, it's neither here nor there, but I've lost almost 3kgs.
    I'm looking forward to feeling more secure in the fact that I have self control. At the moment I just feel like it's a bit of a novelty.

It's funny, but 'one day at a time' isn't working for me. It's like, I'm trying to amass as many 'good days' in a row as possible before I can relax a little.

Anyway...
    Here's hoping this is the time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    kk88 This time around I started at 136.9kgs and now I'm hovering around 122kg. I have lost roughly 15kgs in the roughly 5 months I was on the medication. Although in the last 6 weeks my weight has only gone up and down a kilo, so basically I lost that in 15ish weeks.

Chelleylane All of us have been at the point you are and we all know how much it sucks (((HUGS))). I'm so sorry you are feeling unsupported in this thread. I have been so busy with work that I am finding it hard to keep up. Plus it has been a very confusing time for me trying to decide whether or not I would stay on the meds and whether we would start ttc earlier. Please feel free to PM me if you would like to chat and I will try to reply as soon as possible. I will also try to look into this tread more regularly.

Also google Isowhey Complete. These are shakes and bars that you can have while you are pregnant or breastfeeding. I am planning to change to these when I manage to conceive. I really like the choc, berry, pomegrante and green tea bar.

PrincessJ Drs suck! If they can't understand why you are unhappy, then they are in denial themselves. Please don't give up hope or loose your motivation. I really hope that you can get into the gyno soon.

AFM I made the decision to stop taking the Duromine. I took my last tablet last Tuesday. I weighed myself on Saturday and had only put on 100g, so basically I maintained my weight by myself, but it also shows how little the medication has been working lately.

DH and I have also made the decision to bring forward ttc #3, so fingers crossed that happens sooner rather than later.

I'm also trying out a new Dr this week. DD and I have an appointment for 12pm on Tuesday, so another fingers crossed that I will feel comfortable and supported with this Dr and that this Dr will be the one who can work with us during are upcoming pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Ariana I hope I didn't sound like I think this thread is un supportive! I didn't mean to. I think it was better off for me the way it happened! I need to start relying on myself for these things.
    All threads lose momentum. That's a fact... This one seems to have gone on for ages!