+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2plusbaby View Post
    Hi Lovely Ladies

Thought I would jump in on this thread. looks like the place for me.

I have had weight issues for a long time, I have been over 100kgs now for 13years. My highest recorded weight was 175kgs... which at 21, was one of the lowest points in my life. I worked hard and lost 20kgs, which I have managed to keep off but stopped when I couldnt see the difference. That was 6 years ago now... Since then I have discovered I have PCOS and am insulin resistant. I was put on diabex but found i just felt sick alot. Losing faith in doctors and medications i took myself off and went about my life for the past 18 months.

Now I am pregnant.(Very big surprise!!). My instant concern was the effects and risks was weight can/will/may have on my pregnancy and baby. The doctor has given me the green light to lose weight under his supervision during my pregnancy.

First weigh in at 6weeks pregnant: 152.8kgs
    Weight at 9 weeks: 148.4kgs
    weight at 10 weeks(NOW): 148.1kgs

I work fulltime 8.30-5.30 mon-fri (am on my feet 95% of the day, and my job requires alot of squating, climbing ladders, walking back and forth and I also wear the Portland Get Fit shoes), have 2 older children and live 35kms out of town. My food intake isnt excessive, but admittedly I really do like the lunchtime fast foods. Have been cutting down, and have cut sugar/soft drinks out pretty much completely... I dont have the time in the mornings to exercise, (seriously not a morning person and 6.30 is early enough!!) yet after work I really dont have the energy.

Help!! Any suggestions??

Sorry for the long rant!!If you have read this far I appreciate it.
    Wishing you all the best with your weight loss journey!
    Welcome!!! I'd write more but I'm only on a break at work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by kribby View Post
    Omg that is freakin amazing!!!!! so once you reach your major goal do you think you'll keep going or just stick with a healthier lifestyle? How exciting loving!!!!!! Xoxo
    Definitely I will keep going. This weight loss thing is addictive At the time when i set my major goal (Jan 10) it felt like i would never get there. My dietitian and Dr's said I should set my major goal at 110 kgs but i wanted to see double digits. My surgeon has already suggested that i might want to have some loose skin removed soon but i don't see the point in that until I reached my new goal (which I haven't set yet ). Even then i don't see it happening, as i don't think I would ever be able to afford it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving5 View Post
    Welcome 2 plus baby, you sound like a very buzy lady. Congrats

AFM I reached my next mini goal 105.0 kgs today, so that only 5.1 kgs off my major goal of 99kgs. I have now lost 73.8 kgs.
    You never continue to amaze me!!!! Woohoo Loving5!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    2plusbaby..How exciting..You have a little person on the way. My sister managed to lose a lot of weight while she was pregnant on a special diet. I am sure you can do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely I will keep going. This weight loss thing is addictive At the time when i set my major goal (Jan 10) it felt like i would never get there. My dietitian and Dr's said I should set my major goal at 110 kgs but i wanted to see double digits. My surgeon has already suggested that i might want to have some loose skin removed soon but i don't see the point in that until I reached my new goal (which I haven't set yet ). Even then i don't see it happening, as i don't think I would ever be able to afford it.
    I was gonna ask you about your skin but I didn't wanna be intrusive. How much $$ is it around abouts to have it removed? I also worry about this too even though my skin seems to be bouncing back ok I worry that as I get lower and lower in the scales it's gonna stop bouncing i know ill probably never have the amazingly toned arms that ive always wanted unless i make them BIG and i don't want that I get a bit angry at myself sometimes that I let myself get to where I did because I'll never look how I wanna look because of the skin/strechmarks. Not like angry angry just angry IYKWIM oh well can't turn back the clock! I just wish I'd had the attitude at 16 of you only live once so make it worth it!

hmm let us know what your new goal will be maybe as a part of your major goal status you can set your new one! I'm that excited for you sweets you have done amazingly awesome!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Opti how did ur weigh in go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been on here for a while. So here goes. Last time I was at 114kg. Today I am currently 113kg. So 1kg down, only 33kg to go. I know I can do it but this time I am going to lose it slowly and maintain it not lose it all at once only to put it back on. I have my mums 50th in May so that gives me great motivation as I would love to wear a strapless, knee-length party dress. I am positive and extremly motivated to shift this weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Well done jjetc

I have had a bad food week which of course meant I put on. Not much but enough to depress me a little.
    I was just reading this thread http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=393810

Wow very triggering for a person who was once very close 200kgs. I wasn't just obese or morbidly obese I was super morbidly obese. I know I have a long way but it still so hard to read how other look at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Homestar View Post
    You dont become morbidly obese without being out of control (medical issues aside) So yeah anyone who is MO and thinks they are in control is just in denial. coming from someone with weight issues, its so easy to turn around and say Im happy im fine blah blah im in control... but the fact is no one wants to weigh 150 kilos No one wants to be obese. Its lying to yourself to justify what you've become
    Yes my weight was out of control at some points but that doesn't mean that it was all the time. I had times when I was 170+ where i was in control otherwise i would have never got where i am now. The bold part is the most hurtful.

Anyhow i just wanted to know how you guys felt about. I know that there is no one here that was anywhere near where I was. So maybe no one will understand where i am coming from. I know that how people treat me now is so much different to how i was treated then. i really noticed the change at 130 kgs and then another change 110 kg.

Sorry I am just ranting I suppose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done jjetc

I have had a bad food week which of course meant I put on. Not much but enough to depress me a little.
    I was just reading this thread http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=393810

Wow very triggering for a person who was once very close 200kgs. I wasn't just obese or morbidly obese I was super morbidly obese. I know I have a long way but it still so hard to read how other look at you.

Yes my weight was out of control at some points but that doesn't mean that it was all the time. I had times when I was 170+ where i was in control otherwise i would have never got where i am now. The bold part is the most hurtful.

Anyhow i just wanted to know how you guys felt about. I know that there is no one here that was anywhere near where I was. So maybe no one will understand where i am coming from. I know that how people treat me now is so much different to how i was treated then. i really noticed the change at 130 kgs and then another change 110 kg.

Sorry I am just ranting I suppose.
    To some degree I guess it's true. U become addicted to foods that are bad for u and addicted to laying in front of the tv all day and I guess that's the point where u aren't really in control.

On the flip side tho you control what you eat, ur brain sends the signals for your hand to pick something up and eat it. U control if u lay all day or get up and go for a walk.

I'm at 140kg now and seeing ppl bigger than me makes me cringe. I wonder how they got that big and then it sorta motivates me to lose weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies,

I was just wondering if I could possibly join you all here.. A bit of history ...

As of last month I was 110kilo's at my EPU. Horrifying.. I had no idea that I weighed that much.. I promised my doctor that I would try and lose some weight and I am... kind of.. heh..

I started Body Trim again and am hating it tho just the first day.. I wish I could just monitor my food intake and portion control and actually eat meals and it would be much better then BT... Has anyone tried this and finding that it works for you? My husband is also overweight and now my 16DD is also overweight which I really hate seeing as I know I spread all that wonderful cooking 'love' around and let things go..

So.. I guess I am just trying to find some support some ideas.. some understanding and help. Hubs is the best for support but not when it comes to food and weightloss always says he is happy with whatever size I am.. ~eyeroll~

Also I'm still pretty recently moved from Canada and alot of the weight loss things happening over here in Aus.. well I just don't know about or haven't heard about so great to know what is out there and working! (that is low price as well!!)

Thanks again for reading this..

Barb.