+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I had posted once in the first thread but couldn't find the courage to come back and admit that I've actually put ON weight since posting. Am trying to get myself back on the right path and I need some help. So here I am.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmberMama For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (16-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by willjess View Post
    Omg loving5 72kg lost!!!! That's amazing!!!! Can I ask how u started and kept going, starting (and breaking the junk food habit) seem to be my downfall at the moment

It's been a long road that started back in Jan last year (2010). I was 178.8kg when i started and dieted down 150 for my op in may 2010. I had a gastric sleeve done. I lost the rest since then. Slowly but surely the numbers keep going down. I have kept going because i have become addicted to seeing that number come down everyday. As for junk food well i haven't kicked that one completely yet. But when I do have i only eat the protein and salad eg at macca's i only eat the meat or part of the meat from a burger. That sort of thing. Today i had a kebab at the food court but pulled as much of the pita bread off as i could and then shared it with my DS. So for me i still have some junk but i try to choose the healthiest thing there and make sure i eat the protein first. (you go on a high protein diet post sleeve)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by princessmummy View Post
    Ariana- happy birthday to your daughter hope you all gave a great day even tho things seem pretty crazy right now for you guys

Loving5 that is so amazing you rock!!!

welcome willjess goodluck with your weightloss hope you find this thread supportive we are pretty quiet in here now we have our fb group

oh crap its raining again glad i got my walk in this morning
    PM are you guys using that FB group again? Is that why it's so quiet in here! too bad only one person can add people and she's not in here anymore I wanted to join ages ago! Oh well!! I think you should all come back in here *crickets*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy birthday to little Miss K!

This low carb thing is doing my head in.....I though rice cakes and cruskits were LowGI apparently not, so snacking on them the last couple of nights has been doing more harm than good. I wish this dietitian would actually send me the list she was meant to.

No exercise for me today DP had to go to work straight after I got out of class, so I've been to busy getting dinner ready and getting kids to bed.
    Back at school, a really full on year this year, first day and I'm already over it!!

Ok I'm happy got to use some interesting smilies, highlight of my day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PrincessJ...Vitawheats do these little cracker things that are just to die for...they are scrummy yumminess..having a couple of rice crackers is like equivalent to having a slice of white bread. So not good for you.

Anyway lovelies.. I have been forcing myself to eat more. We were on the road the other night and had to eat at a servo, and I had a chicken wrap and a chai latte...I wanted to throw up after I ate it. I think that is the biggest meal I have had for months..well the most carbs. It was just revolting.

On the plus side...have been consistently losing, another half a kilo down this week (Well a kilo and a half if you count AF). When I get the courage up, I may do a couple of days of shakes. We'll see.

2plusbaby is offline <------ "Jellybean" at 12wks 5days
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lovely Ladies

Thought I would jump in on this thread. looks like the place for me.

I have had weight issues for a long time, I have been over 100kgs now for 13years. My highest recorded weight was 175kgs... which at 21, was one of the lowest points in my life. I worked hard and lost 20kgs, which I have managed to keep off but stopped when I couldnt see the difference. That was 6 years ago now... Since then I have discovered I have PCOS and am insulin resistant. I was put on diabex but found i just felt sick alot. Losing faith in doctors and medications i took myself off and went about my life for the past 18 months.

Now I am pregnant.(Very big surprise!!). My instant concern was the effects and risks was weight can/will/may have on my pregnancy and baby. The doctor has given me the green light to lose weight under his supervision during my pregnancy.

First weigh in at 6weeks pregnant: 152.8kgs
    Weight at 9 weeks: 148.4kgs
    weight at 10 weeks(NOW): 148.1kgs

I work fulltime 8.30-5.30 mon-fri (am on my feet 95% of the day, and my job requires alot of squating, climbing ladders, walking back and forth and I also wear the Portland Get Fit shoes), have 2 older children and live 35kms out of town. My food intake isnt excessive, but admittedly I really do like the lunchtime fast foods. Have been cutting down, and have cut sugar/soft drinks out pretty much completely... I dont have the time in the mornings to exercise, (seriously not a morning person and 6.30 is early enough!!) yet after work I really dont have the energy.

Help!! Any suggestions??

Sorry for the long rant!!If you have read this far I appreciate it.
    Wishing you all the best with your weight loss journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Welcome 2 plus baby, you sound like a very buzy lady. Congrats

AFM I reached my next mini goal 105.0 kgs today, so that only 5.1 kgs off my major goal of 99kgs. I have now lost 73.8 kgs.

2plusbaby is offline <------ "Jellybean" at 12wks 5days
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Over 73kgs!! well done! that is amazing!! How long has that taken you? Congrats that is truly an effort to be proud of!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    13mths so far. I still have a long way to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving5 View Post
    Welcome 2 plus baby, you sound like a very buzy lady. Congrats

AFM I reached my next mini goal 105.0 kgs today, so that only 5.1 kgs off my major goal of 99kgs. I have now lost 73.8 kgs.
    Omg that is freakin amazing!!!!! so once you reach your major goal do you think you'll keep going or just stick with a healthier lifestyle? How exciting loving!!!!!! Xoxo