+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks hart! i have been so emotional i cant wait to go grab her & give her a big squeeze

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    PrincessMummy...I didn't see your post from yesterday. Oh honey, it is so tough. I couldn't do it! You are so brave. I am still trying to do that "thing", just derailed at the moment. The couch is a really good place to be. we're ok, the shock has passed. We're probably flying down next week, once I have wrapped up a few uni things.

HART..You absolutely crack me up .. haha, I definitely agree with the attention seeking thing. Blardy QLD. I saw the pics of your DS...so cute. I didn't change too much, didn't have the headspace. I don't know. I guess it has kick-started again, they say to expect 6 weeks of plateauing before you get going again.

I had better run off..DD is hanging off of me crying and complaining, poor little honey bunny. Time for a swim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a 'look how much I've gone' moment today. DH took DD and I out for lunch. I tried to be good so I ordered a chicken caesar salad burger. I nearly fainted when it came out on this MEGA HUGE plate like you get in a pub . Half of the plate was filled with chips and the other half had two slices of thick buttered turkish bread that had about an inch of parmesan cheese, an inch of chicken chunks, an inch of really fatty bacon, some lettuce, some more parmesan cheese and a heap of caesar sauce . I picked out one slice of turkish bread, scrapped off all of the parmesan cheese, picked out the least fatty chicken and bacon to put on the bread, then put lots of lettuce on. Even doing that I couldn't eat that whole slice of bread and came home feeling I just made DH and DD oven cooked fish and chips for dinner but feeling blergh still. I might have a couple of cruskits later if I finally feel hungry.

After all that my 'tada' moment was this. In the past when DH and I went out for a meal we would go ' What great value for money!' when a plate like the one I described was placed in front of us. But today I was embarrassed/felt like I was going to upset the chef/make them think like I didn't like their cooking and felt like I was wasting money with how little I ate. Isn't it interesting how your views on things can change!! I was impressed with myself though that I had the willpower to choose a smaller portion and take the fatty bits out

loving5 on your great weightloss! You are truly an inspiration! And I reckon that the moving of furniture will help you loose more weight. DH has been going through all our stuff lately preparing for our move and he lost nearly 3kgs in one week.

PrincessJ Look at the Symply Too Good Cookbooks! I swear by them! The have recipes for all the things we love like cheesecake (but shouldn't have) and take the fat and naughtiness out of them. I am even planning DDs birthday party food and loot bags from these books.

MissAmanda I am doing the Aldi shakes, but not following a specific plan. I have a shake for breakfast, a WW bar and a plum/or some grapes for morning tea, a shake and 2 cruskits with tuna spread for lunch, a nestle diet yoghurt for afternoon tea, and then my normal dinner which is usually a small piece of meat and lots of salad or vegies. And that too me feels like all I do is eat all day! I never feel hungry! Plus I usually drink 3 - 4 litres of water a day.

Bubmum I told DH that I better have a big loss this week due to all the sweat I've been putting out and he told me that only means that I haven't had enough to drink . Party pooper Thinking about you guys! I think it's time to tell Mother Nature to give QLD a break...but only if she doesn't send it down here

AFM The first few days back at work went smoothly but busily. I have a great bunch of kids, but at times they were a bit off with the heat, especially since we've had 4 days straight of 40+ days, so their offness was acceptable because I was off too. I ended up getting sunburnt and heat stroke after my 15 mins of playground duty.

This morning I was glad to sleep in and was even grateful to take DD to swimming lessons. We are off to kindy gym tomorrow. If it is still this hot we are going to die because there is no airconditioning there.

Guess I should go do the bath, teeth, bed thing with DD. Have a good evening

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2011 will be my year!!

Hi Everyone – I hope its ok to pop my head in here and join you all!! A little bit about me…………

Me: 30
    Him: 33

Female Factor: 'Assumed' PCOS - only symptoms are overweight (obese) and periods only every 6 months or so - so not ovulating. One blocked fallopian tube - one normal and fine!! But apart from that – fit and healthy

Male Factor: Great sperm count - very low motility

after TTC #1 for about 2 years my husband and i trundled off to the fantastic Fertility centre in Adelaide - REPROMED.

After many blood tests and a SA, internal ultrasound and then a HSG, we have found out the above issues we have between us! I am working very hard on losing weight but at the same time - am finding it hard not to lose hope!

I think at this stage i would like to try CLOMID for a while and if thats unsuccessfull, our FS has suggested ICSI.

I need to lose weight (shamefully 134kg ) and would love the support of this board (and be a support). Has anyone else had or know of people with similar issues who have had success? Or did your weight loss lead to success???

Would love to hear from anyone with any tips to share or who may have had any experiences they are happy to tell.

for us all!!

xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kellijh hope you find this thread supportive

Ariana yay for you thats great

I am still feeling really unmotivated & lazy hopefully i snap out of it soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcon kellijh!

Thanks Ariana for the suggestion I had a look at the website the recipes do look yummy!

I was bad today and had party pies for lunch I suppose that's my naughty for the week now. I'm only just starting to not hurt from Monday nights training session, have been a bit busy with getting school stuff ready for myself and my daughter. I really have to pump up the exercise next week, and get myself into a routine.

Hope you're all doing well! I should be able to pop in here more often now I just got myself a laptop, so I can hop in bed at night and come on here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kellijh You'll find the ladies in this thread very supportive. I know I have! I was 131kgs when I fell pregnant with DD and we fell pregnant in the second month of trying. Last year I was the same weight when we started trying for number 2 and after 9 months of trying we were unsuccessful. It is very confusing! I have my :fingercrossed: for you and are sending lots of your way. I am sure that we can all sympathise with you.

PrincessJ I need to get back into my exercise routine too. I started back at work this week plus we are still suffering 40+ degree days, which means no exercise for me. I did get a copy of Biggest Loser's Last Chance Workout DVD, so I am hoping to use that this week in my airconditioned loungeroom.

AFM Today is weigh in day and I had a 2.4kg LOSS This brings my total weight loss to 12.4kgs in 13 weeks. I am now only 1.1kgs away from my halfway point of 13.4kgs. Hopefully I'll reach that next week and it will be all downhill from there.

As I mentioned we are still suffering with the heat. I am finding it really hard in the heat. Life is hard enough when you are this size, let alone when it is this hot. It is predicted to be 40 degrees again today. But apparently there is a light at the end of the tunnel and Monday is only meant to be 26.

Have a good weekend
    Last edited by Ariana; 05-02-2011 at 07:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My weigh in is tomorrow but ihave eaten hardly anything for 2 days as am sick so I think the loss ( it should be a loss!) will be false. Maybe i can keep some of it off though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Ariana on you loss!

Good luck Chubear for you weight in!

I usually do mine Fridays but have decided to give it a miss, I'm going to stick to using the same scales which are the ones at the doctors. I see the dietitian again on Thursday so I'm just going to wait til then. I feel like I've lost a bit of weight, despite the lack of exercise. I can see places I haven't seen for a while!

Anyone got any ideas of something healthy and low carb that I could make with mince for dinner?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ariana on your loss, 2.4kg awesome! Enjoy the cool weather on Monday... I hate the heat as well, don't know how I lived before we put air con in...

Welcome Kellijh. I love this thread, the support from wonderful girls, the encouraging of each other to loose and some great tips along the way. Have you got a particular plan/diet you are using to loose weight?

Chubear - Hope you are feeling better now... all the best with your weigh in

PJ for seeing the these mysteriously lost places.. Suggestions for mince... San Choy Bow (the mince dish you put in lettuce leaves), burriotes but instead of the burritoe wrap use lettuce, sheppards pie but instead of the potatoes on top use Notatoes (mashed cauliflower, with lite philli cheese and a teaspoon of garlic), make meatballs and serve with a salad or some veges..

AFM: Doing really well this week on the eating front but tomorrow I have a high school catch up for lunch at a pub, the day before weigh in ... kinda not looking forward to it as I don't want it to stuff up my good week. Went shopping last night in my old clothes and found a really nice pair of cargo pants that fit - I love it!