Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ariana how rude of the dr you are doing so well so don't let her get to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my 1st pregnancy weight wasn't an issue but dd2 I was around 110 when I fell pregnant I must of got heavier than 121kg because that's where I started my weightloss journey from when she was 8 mths I got down to 80kg within 6 mths with Tony ferguson so I know it is possible & does work as I said earlier with ds I only gained 10kg then lost most but he never slept so I was feeding him 24/7 so I was eating all the time too & always the wrong thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very quiet in here today! I went and had dinner out tonight, ate way too much. I'm also off to a party one Saturday night, and lunch with a friend on Monday. So this week is really bad for me food and exercise wise. I doubt I'll be loosing much, if anything this week. I'll pick up the treadmill next week probaly so that might help to get me going again.

After not having a car for two years, we finally got one today! I can say goodbye to buses for a while!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats on the car pj that will make life easier, it is so quiet in here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Today I had cross training and omg I felt like I was going to vomit by the end of it, it was the hardest cross training class I have been to!! I usually do cross training once a week and a boxing class aswell, kind of depends what DF is working as one of us needs to be home to look after DS.

I have a had a pretty ordinary day of eating, I overindulged tonight and ate a whole block of Cadbury Caramello (how embarrassing lol) My excuse is that I was emotional after discussing when to start TTC#2 with DF. He wanted to do it now and I kind of did but now we have agreed that the end of the year is going to be more practical. So yay for that decision!

Tomorrow will be better, must think positively!! I am my own worst enemy at times!! I think I will make my weigh in day Saturday mornings

I hope everyone else is plodding along nicely!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We should ban the word chocolate from this thread :lol: now i want some!
    I've noticed in the last two weeks that on the nights I've had carbs, 2-3 hours later I'm starving! When I have low or no carbs I'm fine. I wonder if this confirms I have insulin resistance?
    I find it interesting that we're all on a mission to loose weight but we all have our different reasons. For me its the fact that I don't want to be my mother. Type 2 diabetes, 30 years of obesity, several strokes and she's only 59. My 12yo sister has to live with the reality that our mother is now disabled. She still walks and talks, but has limited vision and slow speech.
    I think once you get past 25 things are downhill if you don't change your lifestyle. The abuse we (some of us) put our bodies through in our teens and early 20's catches up eventually. The times where I could scoff a bag of corn chips and chase it down with an entire block of choclate, with no conseqiences, are long gone. Surviving off one meal a day and drinking all night no longer keeps my body a size 8. Those bags of size 8-10 clothing aren't ever going to fit again, even if they did they'd be 10 years out of date fashion wise. It's time to accept my 29yo body isn't 18 anymore!! :lol: How much of this weight can I blame on bad genetics?!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    PJ- what an awesome post! Really hit home there! And I'm the same aside from not wanting to be my mother because if I was half the woman she is I'd be one proud lass!! Weight wise and health wise she's a type 1 diabetic (the one you can't help having) and has had thyroid problems and had hers removed so there were reasons she struggled with weight health wise. Well I've never been a size 10 or lower and tbh I'm not gonna kid myself and think that'll ever happen a size 12 is where I'm happy so two more sizes to go!!! Anyway it's the packet of chips followed by chocolate (and don't forget the coke) sometimes it was chips and chocolate at the same time (don't knock it till you tried it ) my biggest problem is control if there's crap in the house I need to eat it hence why there's nothing in our pantry besides cruskits and light jatz! They are my treats now! And I tell ya what the jatz plain go down a treat for me believe it or not I quite enjoy them it's my version of chips hehe and basically after all that I'm doing this for myself and that's why this time it's working! It's not to get a guy or doing it because you wanna be skinnier than your friend ( yes I was that juvenile) it's wholeheartedly for me and if I don't go to the gym one day I'm only letting myself down and I'm a very proud person and I hate letting myself down!!

I have insulin resistance but I haven't had the carb problem you were talking about well not lately before tbh I wouldn't have even noticed I would have just stuffed my gob if I was hungry since going on this "health kick" (which kinda dropped in my lap as my first 13kg were just from going back to work so I was lucky and having DD because pre DD it would have been vegetable, what is a vegetable? ) my health has done a complete 180 and I'm so happy I've had the support from here and the drive to keep at it even when I've been bad! I still kick myself when I've been bad but I just say well tomorrow is a new day! So there's my epic... Haha

Too much has happened to do personals but here's me...

Today I got back on the bandwagon after being MIA for a couple of weeks. I'm not sleeping to good ATM and I'm not sure if it's stress or the heat but either way it's done absolutely nothing for my motivation! I hadn't been to the gym since Friday night when I did two classes until today which as you all know is unheard of for me! Long story short I was lacking motivation and DD still has a runny nose backed up with a bit of gastro so I wasn't going to be irresponsible and take her to crèche I've always said I'm not gonna be one of those mothers that put other kids at risk because what if there was another kid like DD in the room I'd never forgive myself if I was the reason another mother had to go through what I've been through! Anyway fact is I could have done my zumba DVDs but I didn't. I'm not going to feel bad though because I truly believe I needed the break. I have put on a kg but I know that'll be an easy one to loose. I went to the gym today and ran 2kms in intervals so 3.5km mixed with walking and I'm so proud! Ok it's not that far but it is for me and while running I had my heart rate up to a cardio level so I know I worked hard I sometimes wish the time wasn't on the treadmill though because I kept looking at it thinking ok only 2min left and then I'd look and only 30sec had past and I was getting peeved off but I pushed through all the goals I set for myself!

Food today... Honestly I don't remember I do know nothing terribly bad though and I had a weight watchers lasagna for dinner thought about buying the chocolate puddings for dessert but I said to myself what for? It's just added calories and I DON'T need anything more even if DD ends up eating half of my lasagna

Ok so that's where I'm at! I missed you guys!! and thanks to PM for getting my butt back in here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well chickybabes I am back from holidays where I started off great and then kinda went downhill after Mum cooked a roast for tea followed by pudding and custard, though did a lot of walking. Got back last night and went out to dinner with my kindy friends and was stoked to find I fitted into my size 20 brown pants that had a safety pin in (which I didn't need to use) from the last time I wore them which I can't remember when that was. Think I lost 300grams for the week so not too bad I was happy to just maintain so 300grams loss was a bonus.

I skimmed through the posts and the last two really where the ones that really hit home. I am kinda the opposite, I am blessed with two very healthy parents, my dad is very fit at 60 and my mum complans when the scales move above 65kg - though have made me feel fat all my life. My real motivation for loosing weight other than myself is my children, especially my DD I know what it is like to constantly feel fatter than everyone else and I would hate her to go through that. I want to be fit and healthy and there for them for a long time and by eating healthily and exercising hopefully I will instill good lifestyle choices in them.

Quick question I saw the bye Opti thread (thanks kribby) does that mean she is gone from our thread as well?

Will pop in tomorrow and catch up some more...
    Last edited by HART; 26-01-2011 at 00:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PrincessM Thank you so much for your encouragement and for saying that I am doing well. I really needed to hear that.

PrincessJ How exciting to hear about your car! I think I am lucky when I say that my weakness is not chocolate or sweet things. But in saying that we all have our weaknesses.

kribby Your house sounds exactly like mine. Light cruskits and light jatz are treats in our house too. Although I have started buyimg WW bars and Nestle diet youghurt (the WW 1 point ones) as well. I used to be able to eat a 200g packet of chips in one sitting. Whereas a whole packet of light cruskits is only just over 100g and so much better for m.

Hart My DD is part of my motivation as well. Like you I know what it is like to grow up over weight, how hard it is, how much ridicule it brings, how it effects your self esteem etc. I don't want her to feel the hurt I felt as I as growing up. I want to show her that healthy food and a healthy lifestyle can be enjoyable and is necessary.

AFM I've enjoyed reading everyone's motivation. Thanks for the post PrincessJ. As I mentioned above part of my motivation is DD, part of my motivation is me wanting to live a healthier life (wanting to enjoy exercise, healthy eating, for life to not be a constant struggle), to be able to buy clothes in a 'normal' store not just plus size sections or specialty stores, part of it is wanting to be healthy enough to see DD grow up, finish school, graduate, get married, have children etc and a BIG part of it is to be healthy enough to fall pregnant, have a struggle free pregnancy/birth and have a beautiful, healthy baby.

I bumped into a lady from work yesterday (I have been on leave for 6 weeks) and was really chuffed with her shock at my appearance. As soon as she saw me she said 'Look at you! You've lost heaps over the break!' I told her that I was really chuffed to hear that because when I had mentioned to someone close to me that I had lost nearly nearly 11kgs this person said that you would think that it would be noticeable by now but it wasn't. My colleague was flabbergasted and said 'If you can't see it on your waist and hips (which she reinforced that you could) you can definitely see it in your face.' I really need to hear that after the appintment that I had had at the Dr's the other day.

Yesterday was an extremely busy day! But the best part of it was meeting the beautiful iMischa and her gorgeous boys. We met at a park so our LO's could have a play and it was a really lovely morning.

I went to Aldi yesterday and bought some of their meal replacement shakes. They are about half the price of the other shakes. Has anyone else tried them?

The heat was unbearable yesterday and unfortunately I was unable to get outside for a walk. I really should get some more games for the wii or some exercise DVDs for times like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ariana...I saw your post a couple of days about the doctors..You are taking this so seriously, it would be nice to get the level of support you need at the Docs. You have lost a huge amount of weight. I hope upping the dose goes ok, because you seem to be tolerating it ok so far.

PJ..Glad you are feeling better, and awesome news about the car. It will make life easier.

Kribby...I am in shock! You! Not go to the gym!! Wow! A break would have done the world of good though sweetie. I hope your DD is feeling better soon. Poor little dumpling. How's Andy going? Have you let him out of the cage yet?

Yay HART! No more safety pins!! Woohoooooo!!! And yay you're back from holidays.

PM..How did it go with the naturopath? Was it useful?

Well I have been flat out studying..DD and I had a day off yesterday, it was so nice. Went swimming at a friend's house, and then we drove down the coast and went shopping and spent the rest of the afternoon at the park and the beach. It was just beyond delightful.

I finally recovered from the workout DVD..I felt like I was sunburnt, and had been run over by a train. Ouch!!!!

Still plateauing. I have tried eating more/exercising more, but can't seem to shake through it. This must have been the weight I was while pregnant, and my body is holding onto that.