+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good morning lovelies!

I went back looking for my last post and there is about 5 pages of posts since then! Not much news from me. I did get on the scales (sneaky weekend check) and I was back to pre-xmas weight. Silly getting upset over 1 or 2kg when I have SO much to lose. Just spent the weekend with hubby and kids, didn't go overboard eating, but we did have fish and chips last night. Twisted my knee coming out of DD2's bedroom at naptime yesterday - was very sore all afternoon, bit better this morning but I haven't got on the treadmill. Back to it tomorrow though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Axolotl View Post
    Hi everyone, I would like to join in if you will all have me!

I will start by telling you a little about myself. I'm 27 and have a DS who is 2. I have been overweight most of my life. I currently weigh 115.5kgs and since June last year I have lost 14kgs (I was 129.6kg's) I have been eating smaller meals and trying to eat more healthily but it is so hard!!

My biggest weakness is chocolate. I could eat it all day everyday. I usually have to go on a self imposed ban in order to lose weight because I find it really hard to eat a little, I need to eat the whole block.

What day does everyone else usually weigh in? Looking forward to being part of a supportive group!
    Welcome Axolotl, congrates on the weight loss so far!! . I'm exactly the same in regards to chocolate I can eat a whole bar and not think twice about it! The only way I survive is by only having healthy food in the house!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going to see a naturopath today hopefully she has some secret formula that will strip the fat from my body overnight
    Good luck with the naturopath today princess mummy, if you find the formula let me know please.. Lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyDee View Post
    Good morning lovelies!

I went back looking for my last post and there is about 5 pages of posts since then! Not much news from me. I did get on the scales (sneaky weekend check) and I was back to pre-xmas weight. Silly getting upset over 1 or 2kg when I have SO much to lose. Just spent the weekend with hubby and kids, didn't go overboard eating, but we did have fish and chips last night. Twisted my knee coming out of DD2's bedroom at naptime yesterday - was very sore all afternoon, bit better this morning but I haven't got on the treadmill. Back to it tomorrow though!
    Congrates on getting back to your pre-Xmas weight FlyDee!! I hope your knee feels better soon hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girlies!
    Well today is weigh-in day for me and jumping on the scales this morning I am 92.3kgs! So that is a loss from last Monday of 3.2kgs!! Woo hoo!! So stoked! I had a bit of a binge on Saturday night but I figure one night a week isn't so bad at all.
    Hope everyone is having a great day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Axolotl!

PM I'll alsi be interested if the naturopath has a magic solution.

Queenbetty fantastic loss! You must workout like a demon.

I've been eatinh noodles for lunch last couple of days, ran out of shakes and noodles were the only thing I felt I could eat. I just dont get what I can eat that is healthy for lunch that I would actually like. I eat salad every night for dinner so don't want to eat for lunch too. I hate food everything I like has carbs or sugar or fat. I'll probably be naughty tonight and have potatoes and pumpkin with my roast beef. Not going to training session tonight, feel guilty, but my gut still isnt 100%. Doctor said to try the Roaccutane againg in two weeks to see if it happens again. I hope not, I go back to school on the 15th and can't afford to miss the first week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This week I lost 200g, not much but better than a gain.
    Have ordered some acai berry tablets so hopefully that will curb my hunger.
    Am exhausted this week cos I'm doing 12 hr shifts.
    Have signed up to do the breast cancer fun run in march. Exercise for a goid cause.
    Am also going to sign up for some hula classes tomorrow-that should be fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    chubear i have been doing hula on the wii the 1st couple of days my stomach was so sore but i can notice it getting flatter
    foos wise i totally sucked today but did 1.5hrs on biggest loser tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    queenbetty well done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Axolotl You'll find these lovely ladies very supportive. I know I do! I usually weigh in on Saturday mornings before breakfast, as this is the day I started taking my meds.

PrincessM I was 131kgs when I fell pregnant with DD, so anything less than that would be a bonus, and I am now under that. But if I was to be totally honest with myself I would like to get to around 110-115 before ttc. I gained 14kgs with DD but have to admit that I stopped exercising when I found out I was pregnant. Can I ask how heavy you were with your LO's?

How'd you go with the naturopath?

FlyDee Congrats on getting back to your pre Christmas weight! Fingers crossed your knee doesn't take to long to heal.

Queenbetty Congrats on your weight loss as well!

Chubear Congrats on your weight loss. Remember that a loss is a loss and keeping striving forward.

AFM We went out for dinner with my sister and her family tonight as it is my birthday on Thursday. And I have to admit I've come home feeling rather ill. I think all restaurants should offer all their main meals in kids sizes as well (or at least entree size or main size like a lot of places do) instead of just offering fatty kids meals like nuggets, fish, sausages etc I think this for two reasons a) because I am trying to keep DD away from those types of food and b) I can't eat big meals anymore. I only ate half of my steak and vegies and still feel like I want to throw up.

I had my nurses appointment today and discussed with her the plan that I outlined here last night. She thought it sounded very sensible and could understand why I needed a time frame (or target weight) and why I didn't want to wait forever to ttc #2. She seemed unimpressed by my weightloss this fortnight (which got me down a bit because I thought I'd done well) but as I said to her a loss is a loss, at least its not a gain, especially when I lost 2cm off my waist and 3cm off my hips in a fortnight! She mentioned that apparently my Dr had been discussing my progress with her and they had decided to put me up to the top dose of meds, which means I will now be taking 40mg a day, although I have to finish this packet first because they are too dear to waste.

My Dr dropped in to see if I needed a script and I asked her about the increase in dose, to which she responded yes, that's I am recommending (I was unimpressed with that less than descriptive answer!). Just as I was about to ask the time frame question she walked out the door and I didn't see her again for the rest of the appointment! In fact she didn't even come in to give me my new script, she just slid it under the nurse's door! I thought that was very rude, especially when I had taken DH to the appointment for support and when I had told the nurse that I wanted to speak to the Dr.

Anyway DH and I were discussing it on the way home and decided on a plan. If the Dr doesn't like our plan that's tough luck, she should have talked to us at my appointment today. So I'll stay on the meds till July, have August and September off, and then start ttc in October. This will only change if I happen to get to 110kgs before July, then I will have two months of the meds and start trying early. Hopefully this is a sensible plan and in the long run she will support it.
    Last edited by Ariana; 24-01-2011 at 21:51.