+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies

I just wanted to apologise if anyone thought I stepped over the line with my post last night. After I submitted my post I FB inboxed one of the lovely ladies in here as I was concerned that I might have over stepped the mark . I said to her that I would have felt bad if something had happened and I hadn't of expressed my concern. It wasn't my plan to offend anyone or judge the person involved. But I do understand what you are saying and if I am concerned about something in the future I promise to PM the person directly instead of bringing it up in here. In fact that member has PM'd me overnight and I am about to message her back to say we are all good

I agree that being part of this thread takes enormous courage and I have definitely felt your support, encouragement and love since joining this thread . I hope that I haven't changed your opinion of me and we can move on from here.

*puts the yuckiness to the side and moves on*

PrincessM How was your hot date?

PrincessJ How are you feeling? I was worried about you last night.

kribby I was reading the good bye thread to Opti last night and even though I don't know what happened I am going to miss her posts. I wasn't lucky enough to get to know her well but her posts were very informative/fun/interesting. If anyone has her on FB can you pass on my best wishes to her?

Good luck for your IVF appointment. I know I can say that everyone here will be thinking of you, has their for you and will be ready with lots of if you need them.

QB Congratulations on the weighloss! Forget about you weakness last night, today is a new day, get back on the so to speak and praise yourself for how far you've come.

AFM We are going for a picnic and a walk today. It probably won't be a fast walk considering the speed that DD walks but exercise is exercise and then this afternoon I'm catching up with a friend for a 'real' walk.

Have a good day everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh, i just wanted to stop by this morning before going for a walk... (its a beautiful day here and the dogs are howling at me to take them out!)

Thanks to Bubmum for what you said, i couldnt agree more. Everyone should feel comfortable here sharing what they are doing to assist their weightloss... & while *some* of the methods might not be to everyones liking, we all still need to support each other... After all, we all have the same end goal right?! To lose weight, feel healthy, and look great!

I just wanted to give some to Ariana for being concerned about me! I have pm'd her and we are all good with no weird vibes!

This morning has started off excellently with a nice bowl of fruit, 1 apple, 1 bananna, and some paw paw!.. Yum. I need that sugary hit early in the morning to get me going. Its better then a coffee, or cereal with a huge spoon of sugar any way..

Mrs Nietzsche -- About those work out DVD's.... Another great one is the "strip tease" one by Carman Electra!... Haha, is so funny but lots of great fun!... Im pretty sure you can pick them up on Ebay for pretty cheap because they came out a fair few years ago. Its just basic stuff, i found the first dvd to be more about working your core muscles with dance moves... and most of them were normal dance moves not "stripper" ones... haha... IYKWIM!
    I just thought i would let you know because they are great fun!

Any way, those naughty huskies are howling the house down! Better go for a walk! Have a great Sunday everyone!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has anyone here tried the Acai tablets?
    i saw an add today and it all seemed too good to be true.
    i dont like quick fix methods as they never keep the weight off, but i suppose if i could lose 50 then not all of it would come back.
    I just wanted a few testimonials that werent paid for by the company.
    There was even a news type report about how good it is, but i dont know if i can beleive it.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    QB-thats an awesome loss im jealous!!
    Chubear i have heard good things about acai tabs
    Laa- i have 1 of those fit to strip dvds i have had it for ages but have only used it a handful of times because it cracks me up i would hate for someone to catch me doing it too!!
    My hot date with my DH was great just what we needed untill the inlaws crahed it but we came home & snuggled up with a bowl of chocmint icecream its been ages since we have had "alone" time
    not much else to report here done the BL work out this morning will do it again tonight or something on wii fit & take my munchkins for a walk after dinner
    my mum is having a sleepover tonight she better not lead me into temptation ha ha ha
    hope your all having a great sunday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the concern guys , feeling much better today. Only had to run to the toilet twice so I'd say I'm on the mend. Kind of a shame I think I was almost looking for a good reason to not go to my training session tomorrow night.

OMG where's Opti?? I was meant to meet her IRL on Friday but I was sick...feel bad now. Hopefully I catch up with her soon.

Sorry for lack of personals.... I'm just feeling really grumpy tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grrr I just wrote this long and detailed post and my computer ate it So I will skip the personals for tonight (except to say I am very glad that PJ is feeling better and that PM had a great time on her hot date ) and discuss what I had typed.

Tomorrow is my next appointment with the nurse. I'm not stressed about it as I know I've had a loss this fortnight, plus I did a 4km hilly walk after dinner this evening as my last chance training In fact I'm looking forward to her doing my measurements to see if I have had a loss there as well. I'll let you know how I go!

This next bit is the bit I am about! DH is coming to the appointment with me as we want to see my Dr as well. She keeps talking about 2011 being my year to get fit and healthy before ttc #2, which is all well and good and I am glad that I have her support on this , but my problem is that I am a very logical and systematic kind of person and I can't deal with the indefiniteness (not a word I know..but you get what I mean and explains how I am feeling) of this situation . I need her to state a time frame or a weightloss target that she would like me to reach before ttc, then I would have something to aim for, a goal .

We (DH and I) have discussed the situation and have agreed that I will commit to taking the medication for 6 more months taking us to July ((which would mean 9 months total on the medication) whilst continuing to try my hardest to eat well and lose as much weight as I can ), then have two months off the medication and start ttc #2 in October. I don't want to commit to a longer time frame because I don't want a huge gap between DD and the next baby. As it is, with this plan, there would be a 3 year 5 month gap, if I was lucky enough to fall straight away.

So far I have been on the medication for 11 weeks and have lost just under 11kgs, and if I continued with this rate of weightloss I have the potential to lose up to 36kgs in the 9 months. I would be stoked if I could lose at least 26kgs If I could lose that much weight it would make me a lot healthier plus a pregnancy and baby a lot healthier.

If the Dr agrees I would be more than willing to go back on the medication after having a baby (we are only having 2) to kickstart my baby weightloss and hopefully lose more weight.

What do you think? Does this sound logical? Fair? Or am I pushing things with my Dr to commit to this

Sorry for the , me! me! post, but I need to get my feelings out and make sure that they made sense before seeing the Dr tomorrow. Wish me and that we can all be on the same page before I leave the appointment tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dance?

I dont know where to ask this, but i want to go to Belly dance & ballroom dance lessons - some where plus size friendly - any idea/experiences ?

My Dh will Come to Ballroom lesson ( i used to be a teacher), but im scared of going to belly dance alone lol

Im in the Brisbane CBD.

CHUBEAR: those pill look interesting - they are all natural but they seem a bit expensive if they are like 50$ and you take 6 a day? have you seen them in the shops or only online?
    Last edited by Autumncurl; 24-01-2011 at 01:51. Reason: Errgg i forgot to type some of my post lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I would like to join in if you will all have me!

I will start by telling you a little about myself. I'm 27 and have a DS who is 2. I have been overweight most of my life. I currently weigh 115.5kgs and since June last year I have lost 14kgs (I was 129.6kg's) I have been eating smaller meals and trying to eat more healthily but it is so hard!!

My biggest weakness is chocolate. I could eat it all day everyday. I usually have to go on a self imposed ban in order to lose weight because I find it really hard to eat a little, I need to eat the whole block.

What day does everyone else usually weigh in? Looking forward to being part of a supportive group!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kinda quiet in here
    Ariana what weight would you be comfy with before falling pregnant?
    i would just go with what your doctor thinks & wouldnt worry just yet about losing weight after you have a baby if you eat healthy & keep as active as possible you should be able to maintain my 1st 2 pregnancies i gave into every craving & "BALLOONED" but with ds i kept fairly active i was chasing 2 other kids around & ate healthy only gained 10kg & lost 8.5kg once he was born i am so clucky at the moment & very jealous of everyone that is ttc it all happens quickly for you

PJ - glad your feeling better
    Autumncurl- hope you find belly dancing classes my gf does them & she is larger she loves it

I am going to see a naturopath today hopefully she has some secret formula that will strip the fat from my body overnight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Axolotl View Post
    Hi everyone, I would like to join in if you will all have me!

I will start by telling you a little about myself. I'm 27 and have a DS who is 2. I have been overweight most of my life. I currently weigh 115.5kgs and since June last year I have lost 14kgs (I was 129.6kg's) I have been eating smaller meals and trying to eat more healthily but it is so hard!!

My biggest weakness is chocolate. I could eat it all day everyday. I usually have to go on a self imposed ban in order to lose weight because I find it really hard to eat a little, I need to eat the whole block.

What day does everyone else usually weigh in? Looking forward to being part of a supportive group!
    Hi axolotl welcome i am a major chocolate freak too
    i usually weigh in on a tuesday but lately havent been recording it because i was just a wee little bit naughty & cant seem to get back on track
    I hope you find our group helpful