+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    PrincessJasmine...Oh no sweetie..don't wait until tomorrow. If you are thinking that now, go today. And Sundays, the hospitals are so over-crowded, as well as going later in the afternoon. I hope you feel better soon sweetie.

MrsN..Way to go!!!!!! Woohooo! I was saying to another lovely in this thread that the more we have to lose, the longer this thread will go on. Yeeha!!!!

Ariana..Those are awesome losses!! Woot woo!!

So, I have spent a lot of time trying to work out how to smash through plateaus. This weight loss business is extraordinarily disheartening at times. Sure, you have big losses to start with, and then it trickles. Eeeeepppppp.

I did the DVD this morning. Bejaysus. I really feel for the losers on the Biggest Loser. That woman is evil..and she glares through the whole workout. Jillian Michaels is code for..woman sent from the depths of Hell to torture you. I can already feel the ache setting in.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubmum For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (22-01-2011),Mrs Nietzsche  (22-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey can I join u all I have so much to lose and would love the support?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by missAmanda26 View Post
    hey can I join u all I have so much to lose and would love the support?
    Welcome to the party .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PJ thats terrible you should go today
    Bubmum woohoo!! you will be all sexified in no time ha ha i like bob on the wii game because he tells me i look good ha ha even tho he cant see me i still smile
    N- i started doing morning walks because my bub is not a good sleeper so i get him out of the house before he wakes the others but i can only do that some days as dh works night shift
    welcome miss amanda

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Ariana, thats a great list you have put up there... Really gives me ideas of what i should be focusing on!

& Yes, some doc's are VERY strict on administering Duromine, but honestly, when i was younger and dumb, my friend was on duromine... I didnt really *need* it back then, but wanted it... I walked into a bulk billing dr, said i wanted it, and he gave it to me with no questions asked!.....
    Now that i look back, i wasnt properly informed, and i dont recommend it to anyone without doing ALOT of research & starting on a low dose to see how it goes.
    My Dr is lovely, she is the nicest person.... she hasnt suggested monitoring or anything, she just suggested coming back after i have taken the packet to see where i am at!...

So i guess it depends on your medical history, and previous medication you have been on... but for me, it was fairly straight forward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Which DVD is that Bubmum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyway, today......

I woke up nice and early, after yesterday "accidentally" drinking a bottle of Asti.. WHOOPS!... Thats the most i have ever drank in one sitting! Im supprised i woke up feeling fine!..

I went for a walk, and yet again my legs were BURNING with pain. I wish i could move past that darn pain!!! ARGH!!

I got some nice frozen meals from Coles, the 98% fat free ones... I just had the risotto - although the chicken is weird, i loved the risotto!..

I also cleaned out my two cars, and oh. my. gosh. I was sweating like a piggy!... I would consider it a workout in itself!

Tonight for dinner i will be cooking DP a roast chicken with steamed veg, and i will have a nice big plate of steamed veg.... I loveeeeeeeee vegetables!!

How's everyone elses weekend going??
    Does anyone feel like they go way to quickly lately!

Oh & also Ariana & those of you on duromine, are you experiencing the "cleaning" side effect??? Two sparkling shiny cars says i am!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    PJ, I hope your feeling better.

Mrs Nietzsche, 5 kgs wow well done. I hope you find a shoe that helps.

Bubmum, Plateau's are evil in every way. They are doing my head in at the moment. I hope you find your way through soon. I have a friend who says that they are resting place in a set of stairs allowing your body to practise a stable weight for when you get to your gaol.

Laa It's so hard to walk through the pain. I sure i would have got further today if it wasn't for my knee pain. I think breaking your exercise up in small time session might help ( 3x 10 mins or something). Not like silly me who walked for 1 hr 40 this morning and now is hobbling a round the house like a total fool.

Ariana Your doing so well.

Opti How are things going today? I hope your ok.

To everyone else i hope the scales are being kind.

As for me, well my plateau turning to a big gain. Oh well must I keep telling myself "Just keep walking, just keep walking" in my best dory voice which is very bad BTW. i did the 6 km loop this morning with the kids, Oh exercise with kids . let's just leave at that.
    I have no chance oh reaching my back to school goal but in the long run it won't matter i am sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsN on the weightloss! something can be done about your dodgy ankle.

PrincessJ Please look after yourself and head of to the hospital if you are concerned. Keep us up to date

missAmanda I haven't been a part of this thread for very long but have found all the ladies here very supportive

Laa Please don't take offence at this but I am worried about you. I don't think Duromine should be taken without regular monitoring from your Dr. Your post today about drinking a bottle of 'asti' concerned me. My Dr said that you shouldn't drink any alcohol while taking the tablets. The Duromine Fact Sheet backs this up. My Dr told me that Duromine can make you heart beat faster, let alone making it beat even faster while drinking alcohol.

To answer your question I am not experiencing any side effects from the medication other than a bit of a dry mouth. This just means I am drinking more water, and that in itself is not a bad thing.

Loving5 Don't beat yourself up about maybe not achieving your back to school goal. Just remember slow and steady wins the race and as you said in the long run it won't matter. In a years time you won't even remember this apparent stumbling block.

AFM Thanks your for congrats with todays weighin. I didn't end up walking today as it got too hot but I did end up taking DD to the pool to practise her swimming before swimming lessons return next week. That probably doesn't count as exercise but I am going to try and walk morning and afternoon tomorrow to make up for it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ariana For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (22-01-2011),Mrs Nietzsche  (22-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by princessmummy
    Today is going to be a good day!
    Its not even 8.30 & i have clocked up 3.5km going to do 2 workouts & another walk
    have a hot date tonight so i need to burn of some calories so i can have dessert ha ha
    Oh good luck with your hot date tonight Princessmummy! Hope u have a ball