+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well today is going to be an interesting day. After my emotional day yesterday my brain was running on overload and I had major problems sleeping. I didn't get to sleep till after 2:30am . DD woke up at 7am as usual. DH is still in bed (which I am majorly jealous about ) but I have my that he feels better today.

I feel bad as I didn't go for a walk yesterday . I'm sitting here thinking that I should get dressed and go out walking now before it gets too hot but I'm sooooo that I'm not sure if I can be bothered.

Thank you so much for your encouraging words about the wedding situation. You'll never know how much I appreciated it . Why is it that our brain has two parts? The logical and the emotional? The logical side of the brain knows all the things that you said, that DH loves me and chose me etc but the emotional part of the brain goes into overdrive

Bubmum Hopefully you are not suffering from depression. I wanted to send you lots of I take medication for depression and I know how hard it can be. that there is only so many ways you can jazz up a salad. I highly recommend the Symply Too Good To Be True recipe books. They have many of our 'naughty' foods but recipes that make them a low fat alternative. There are 6 books. Books 5 and 6 come with a menu plan for you to follow with recipes from the series.

Ok time to get off my **** and go for my walk. Hopefully it will make me feel better and bring me out of my rut Have a great day everyone . Remember no one can love you if you don't love yourself and the people in here love you sooooo much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ariana, it could be emotional stress but also, is a symptom of duromine, i was up all night on them, couldnt seem to switch off. perhaps some relaxing techniques whilst laying in bed, some soothing music playing on an mp3 player or phone etc might help? good on u for going for your walk anyway! thats determination, im proud and jealous lol.

bubmum - *hugs* hopefully its not, a few years back i lost a bit of weight, and too felt the same way, not interested, which meant i only ate to live and not live to eat. it can be a good thing, unless your experiencing feeling down everyday then thats not good! do u allow yourself a treat? even a low fat one? something to 'look fwd to' as far as your eating goes? or is this a no no?

re;drink addictions. im pretty lucky i only drink water, everything else makes me feel crap, and if there is no cold water in the fridge look out im a mad woman!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did a post but it all just got lost
    Ariana i would say that is a sign of the duromine i did see it mentioned earlier but forgot who it was that was taking it i took it yrs & yrs ago lost weight with out the side effects had it twice since & it has sent me absolutely bonkers couldnt sleep was an emotional rollercoaster want to give you some of these for the whole wedding situation

Bubmum yes he did show up he is just a little bit different lol thankfully only 2 days untill they go home
    went walking this morning after the scales went up yet again

Thanks
    Reviews
    iMischa/PrincessM I had heard the same about duromine but ironically I have actually slept better since being on the meds. My Dr has been surprised at the no show of side effects. It is probably the stress but I like your idea of the relaxtion techniques. Maybe I should down load some for my iPod.

AFM I went for my walk this morning and ended up walking 4kms instead of my usual 3. So I was feeling pretty chuffed, but extremely exhuasted and dripping with sweat when I got home. Since then I have been down to the shops and into work to do some planning before the end of my holidays.

Food diary so far

Breakfast 1 fried egg, 1 slice of 97% fat free ham and low fat grated cheese on 1 piece of low gi toast.

Morning tea 1 WW bar (I actually got to eat the whole thing today!!!) and 600ml diet coke

Lunch 4 light cruskits with light peanut butter and a banana and 600ml diet coke (told you kribby!!)

Plus 2 litres of water.

Think I'm going to go and have a nanna nap while DD is sleeping.

Question: Where is everyone from? Wouldn't it be cool if we could all get together to workout!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello lovely ladies... Just wondering if i can join in... I will probably stalk you all mostly, and only post when i need extra motivation.. hehe...

I went to the doc yesty for something un-related, and jumped on the scales and was 99. So for all intensive purposes i can fit in here right??????

I have started with the CSIRO diet/food plan... Its going okay... I have started to eat ALOT healthier... and alot less then i was previously.

Exercise for me is my BIGGEST weakness. Haha, that and chocolate! But i have started going for walks. I have only done 2, but the first is always the hardest right!

History: gained 30kg in 3 years... Relationship comfort weight??? Maybe yes.
    Have issues with shin splints/leg pain when walking.. (OMG!! OUCH!!)
    Also have Sciatic.. pain with a pinched nerve in my back.

Its a catch 22 really. Dont exercise, i put on weight, the back issue gets worse, i exervise to lose weight, it pinches more and hurts more.. haha.

Started on duromine 15mg again today.. So see how i go i guess!

P.s, i also have a journel in the weightloss section titled Mission Slimpossible!! That it IS impossible! haha
    Last edited by Atlantic Puffin; 21-01-2011 at 12:08. Reason: adding/spelling.. eh terrible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry for lack of personals today...not doing so well. But I'm thinking of you all, you're all such an inspiration

One thing I will mention is I'm kind of ****ed that my doctor hasn't suggested Duromine to me. I fit all the per-requisites for it and am so desperate I'll try anything! Sorry girls I'm feeling a bit down today I started taking Roaccutane for acne, after 3 doses I'm having some pretty serious side effects, need to get checked out for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, you wont believe the night and day I've had. I've also got a massive ulcer at the back of my throat, and one where my wisdom tooth is rubbing. I feel awful all this means I've done no exercise other than incidental walking yesterday. To top it all off the kids are just been terrors today I just want to crawl up into a ball and cry.

As for some of the things you guys have been discussing my biggest weekness is I like to drink, I'm finding it hard to cut out a couple of wines in the evening. Another thing is I don't drink enough water, though swallowing, drinking or talking are nearly impossible at the moment.

I guess my biggest motivation is in October this year I finish my course, we have a big industry night where professionals come to view our work. I want to look my best and get my foot in the door with a company I really want to work for. I also would like to impress a certain teacher I think is kinda cute

On a lighter note I weighed myself today, I've lost 1.2kg this week

Thanks
    Reviews
    PrincessJ - have you asked your doc for duromine??? Sometimes all you have to do is ask?

Otherwise, i usually find it fairly easy to go to a bulk billing doc, telling them you have had it before, and they usually write out the script for you!...

Also with the roccutane........ Thats pretty powerful stuff....... Make sure you talk to someone if your feeling to down okay... ... This is probably a silly question, but have you tried Retin-A cream??

xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlantic Puffin For This Useful Post:

PrincessJasmine  (21-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Laa, I didn't even know about duromine until someone mentioned it here so I will ask about it when I next see my GP. I was expecting the roaccutane would cause another bout of depression but didn't expect to have all these symptoms after only taking 3 doses. Never heard of the retin-a cream. I've tried just about everything, topical creams seem to do nothing for the cystic acne I get around my face, neck, and inner thigh areas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow PrincessJasmine..my friends were telling me about that stuff the other day and how harsh it is on your body (and how awful acne is). I didn't even know it existed until they were both talking about it, and how it cleared it all up..but with massive side effects. So huge hugs...ow ow ow.

Laa...The more the merrier..this is a long journey for most of us, so make yourself comfy. Yeeha.

Ariana..I hope you get some sleep tonight. It could be a side effect, or it could have been a bad night? It was a full moon last night, so maybe that is what prompted it.

PrincessMummy..I found the DVD! Do you want a copy? I cannot wait to bust it out of its wrapping tomorrow. Yay!!!

iMischa..I just try to not eat anything that may spiral me into the dark abyss of food yummydom. I don't even get cravings any more. It's just lost the excitement for me, and my tastebuds have totally changed, so I'm "just not that into you any more Mr Food"...When I first gave up the sugar cheese excited me, but now it is old hat. Everyone, tell me what you are currently loving eating, and I will go to the supermarket tomorrow and scout out some new food choices (oh and it can't be anything that has citrus, tomato, sugar or meat in it, or pineapple...killjoy!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    princessJ, perhaps since your taking the acne meds (its so powerful, my husband had some very dark times on it but now has perfect skin) that duromine might not be the best avenue to take while u are on it as it can affect your mood/mind as well. as someone who has battled with depression i was strongly discouraged from using it. another choice (with less 'mind' side effects) would be reductil, so maybe that might be an option while u are taking the acne meds. i lost 27kgs on reductil ^_^ sadly tho, like all weight loss medications i eventually become immune to it.

hmmm Cass, things i eat are low gi muesli crunch stuff with half a tub of yogurt.

toasted tuna and low fat cheese sandwhiches (eep i do use tomato tho, but without it, i will use the lemon and cracked pepper tuna instead) and have the other half of the tub of yogurt.

for dinner i'm fairly boring, some grilled chicken breast with some sautee'd capsicum and mushrooms. or if i cook spag bol for the family, ill have some meat and sauce over steamed brocolli instead of having the pasta, same with rice dishes, i skip the rice and have it on vegies. if its something i cant alter, then i just serve my portion on a bread and butter plate not a dinner plate.

one of my fav things to have is a chicken tenderloin grilled on the george forman grill, on mountain bread with a stack of lettuce and masterfoods satay sauce. ^_^

welcome laa i only just joined too and am having trouble remembering everyones posts already eek