+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone built with Simonds homes?

We are looking at building a new home. Currently we are thinking about the simonds homes "Leon" design. Anyone built with them before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My ex inlaws did and it was a disaster.
    Didn't start on time. Finished months late and a very poor job at that. A year later they were still chasing them to complete and fix things both inside and out.
    Just one story. Could have been a one off. Hope you get some positive experiences!

Guest Guest
    I used to work for Simonds in the design sector so if you have any questions about that I can help you, but as for building, I think you will get good and bad stories with most of them (I've worked for a few of these builders) Are you in Vic? Urban Edge was always pretty good for value, lots of good inclusions as standard so you know what your paying for upfront, Simonds is pretty bad with extras and it all adds up (and they use chepish inclusions).
    I worked for urban edge when they were smaller too and they always fixed defects (hopefully they're still the same) were good with start/finish times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Urban edge and Poter Davis are the best chain built homes in Vic. My dad is a builder and that is what he reckons. They also as above said have great reputations for fixing any problems quickly and very well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, built 3 properties with them. Ended up quite good but quite a tricky process and you need to keep a very keen eye on them (same with any builder really). They "forgot" to put the insulation in our houses, the air-con contractor didn't vent the pipe properly and flooded the house - but you will get bad stories probably from a lot of different builders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know its an old thread but bumping we are thinking Simmonds, who did you end up using??