+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trying2StayPositive View Post
    Hi Nibblerbunny,

I have severe endo and PCO and have had 5 laps in a space of 4 years for it. we started TTC since December 2007 and after 2 years on clomid with absolutely no luck i had to make the decision to start IVF. After 2 failed cycles, the FS found out that I had abnormal eggs which were getting fertilised but breaking apart. We were basically told that there was one more method to try as if that did not work then it is out of their control (i.e. just mother nature) which made sense. I was put on metformin tablets for 2 months before my third cycle. I am now 14 weeks pregnant with 1 frozen emby.

I saw Dr Mark Livingstone from Sydney IVF in the city. He was extremely supportive and so were the nurses. I know everyone is different and has different experiences but i highly recommend him.

Hope this helps goodluck with it all!

Thanks for sharing your story Trying2StayPositive. So sorry to hear that you had to go through such a long time of frustration. Congrats on your good news, so happy to hear things are looking up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this one is old but I just wanted to say that I couldn't have been happier with Dr Michael Cooper. He removed my endo last year and will do my ivf this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I know this is a really old post but just wanted to ask if anyone had low AMH and endo cysts on their ovaries? And after the laparoscopy, did you get pregnant? If yes, naturally or by iui/IVF? Did you try IVF before you had the lap and what was your response?

I have an appointment with Dr cooper to have a lap on 15th feb. I have 3cm cysts on both ovaries. I have had no symptoms.

I also have a low AMH (3.3 and I've only just turned 33). Apparently the cysts could have caused the diminished ovarian reserve. I have normal FSH though.

I've delayed the surgery because I'd researched that it actually reduces your AMH even more and can actually push you into menopause. So I decided to try IVF instead but it got canceled due to low estrogen and only 3 good sized eggs.

I'm decided to go ahead with surgery but feel really anxious about it so just looking for some reassurance.

Also, anyone heard of Dr Lamaro? I had a consultation with him too. He really put my mind at ease but I know Dr cooper is more widely known.

Thanks ladies x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 7 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr Cooper. He is great.
    I have the opposite issue, endo and PCO (very high amh) so that I don't ovulate normally and if I do they were immature eggs. Endo apperantly has a part in egg development too Dr Cooper said.
    He removed my endo and put me on clomid and advised me to loose a bit of weight (I never was overweight) and then said we try IVF after. Fast forward - clomid failed me for a few cycles until I actually took his advice on dropping a few kilos and I went paleo to get the inflammation out of my system and at my final clomid cycle I had my first good mature egg, no endo in my body and BAMM pregnant after a long time of trying.
    I am not saying it works for you but you need to understand that endo effects your eggs as well as implantation depending on where and how much you have. Even the smallest amount can affect egg quality. If you have a low amh I think it be prudent to eliminate what could potential be detrimental to the eggs you will have available.
    Dr cooper is very experienced and a couple of girls I know have kids because of him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your response. And massive congratulations on your BFP. Really helps to put mind at rest. Do you know if any of your friends that were treated by him had low AMH?

I wish I could have the operation sooner than 15th Feb as I just want to get it out of the way now.

Have you ever heard of Dr lamaro?