+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im booked in with pamela noon in brisbane next yr for a mummy makeover, tummy tuck, breast aug and lipo on bum and thighs. Its costing around 28,000 ive been paying it off for about 6 months now.

Im already a dd cup but i know they will sag after bf this baby and i want round perky boobs lol i want them to look fake but at my consult we spoke about shortening the chest gap as that scared me and some surgeons dont even mention it.

I personally wouldnt spend less than 8k on a boob job, ive seen alot.and all the ones around the 5k mark i think are dodgy same with thaliand jobs jmo. Actually the country with the best track record for hospitals and plastic surgeons is the chezch republic!! But id like to recover in my own bed lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Breast implants - how much? Worth it?

Soooo worth it!!

I have had my girls for 16 months now and it's one of the best things I have ever done.

From the age of 15 I have wanted my boobs done as I always hated the shape and size but thought I would wait until after I had kids as I thought they may change.

So after 2 kids and dropping 30kgs I decided it was time to get them done. I went to see 3 different plastic surgeons and found out that my boobs were actually underdeveloped, which is why I wasn't able to BF. All 3 surgeons wanted to perform the surgery in different ways but I knew exactly what I wanted before going and decided to go with the surgeon whom I felt most comfortable with.

I ended up getting 550cc, round, moderate plus profile silicone implant which is larger then what most girls would go for but I spent hours and hours of researching pictures of other women that were similar weight and size to me and I knew that's the size I needed to go for my desired look. I started out as a 12/14 B but those bras were extremely padded and now I am a 12E. I look more like a D - DD cup and that's exactly what I was going for. I am a size 12 but have quite broad shoulders so I knew I could pull it off without looking like pamela Anderson

So basically my advice would be...

Go to a few different plastic surgeons. It can be expensive but if you get a referral from your GP you can claim a lot back on Medicare

Make sure you use a plastic and not cosmetic surgeon. Cosmetic surgeons are basically a GP and plastic surgeons have had an additional 8 years training.

Look at LOTS of pictures to figure out your desired look.

Don't say what cup size you want to be as fake boobs size very differently to natural and you may be disappointed.

Basically just research research research! There is a fantastic breast implant forum where you will find a tonne of info and pictures of other women and their before and after pics. That can help you decide on how many CCs, what shape implant and what profile implant you would like to go. Silicone is by far the most popular in australia as it feels and looks the most natural but saline implants are always an option.

If you wish to PM to pick my brain feel free! I have learnt a lot in my years of research! Best of luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FertileMertile For This Useful Post:

PoppyLoppy  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    PuppyGuts your having my dream I would love a tummy tuck when I was a teen I lost about 30 kilos in 6 weeks. My skin is gross

I'm definitely getting mine done after I have had kids (only because we need to buy a house first terrible isn't). I would rather the boobs that is how much I want them HAHAHA.

All your stories sound amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2made3 View Post
    Do you have (or know someone with) breast implants? What was it like? Are you happy with them? And most of all, how much did it cost you?
    I found the actual surgery itself pretty good. I did however struggle to lift my arms up high within the first few days. My incision was under the breast and under the muscle though which may be why. I went from a small B to a G and got 600cc gummy bear style, low profile implants so they look like a big natural pair of boobies (I have big hips so they make me look quite in proportion now). Alot of people are quite shocked when I tell them that they are fake.

Depending on the size implant you want depends on where they do the incision so I had no option unless I wanted to change to saline as to where they cut.

I also went to Thailand (Phuket) and I paid approx $6000 and had a fantastic experience. I was that happy with the surgeon I went back the year after and got a tummy tuck too!

Thanks
    Reviews

I went to Thailand for mine. Cost me $5000 air flights, accommodation for 9 nights, spending money while there & the surgery. I absolutely love them. Had them around 2 years now. Feel free to message me for any more info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I had 450cc extra high profile (because Im short!)cohesive gel
    Implants about 6 or 7 years ago. I love them. I used a very reputable plastic and reconstructive surgeon on the Gold Coast. They cost around $9000 but I think their prices are around $11000 or $12000.

Recovery took a bit longer than most as they were under the muscle and trans auxiliary (armpit incision). I was fine after a week and felt 100% after about 4 weeks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

Therippleeffect  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I wouldn't get it done somewhere in Thailand. I've seen some really bad augmentations with big complications, with women ending up paying more than they would have if they'd had them done through a reputable surgeon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also interested in this topic - thanks op

I do have a q for the ladies who have had it done - where was your incision (i note one pp said under the breast) what about the sort of armpit area?

Also scarring?? Any issues? Did your surgeon give you enough info re how your scar might look and were they accurate?

Thanks and sorry to hijack...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyLoaf View Post
    I wouldn't get it done somewhere in Thailand. I've seen some really bad augmentations with big complications, with women ending up paying more than they would have if they'd had them done through a reputable surgeon.
    I recommend you research your surgeon wherever you go. You can get dodgy surgeons here in Australia too

The surgeon I went with guaranteed that if by any chance anything were to go wrong it would be fixed free of charge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Therippleeffect View Post
    Also scarring?? Any issues? Did your surgeon give you enough info re how your scar might look and were they accurate?
    I was told the scarring would be minimal and it was correct you can hardly see the scar I have now. It's right in the crease of the breast so you'd have to be at a very odd angle to ever see it.