+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast
    Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Welshmummy.... thanks very much for your good thoughts. I had my EPU this morning. We got 4 eggs, so I was pleased about that, since there were only 5 follicles in total (2x24mm and 3x10mm). We found out this afternoon that 2 were mature, so not surprised that the little ones didn't do much. Unfortunately the scientist who rang said there was no sperm from DH that was "of the quality we wanted", so they've injected both eggs with the anon donor sperm. So I had a nice cry, to finally get over not having any sperm from DH and not going to have his baby, but now feeling emotionally better having that finally out of the way and hopeful that the anon donor sperm is now going to work. It's good to be moving on.
    Hi MGC, I still have everything crossed for you that you get some little embies from this cycle.
    I know it must be hard coming to terms with the fact that your DH didn't provide the sperm to make your little person but you will work through those emotions. Can I just say that the most important man in my life aside from my DH is my father. We are joined in every way except blood. There were a different set of circumstances and I had to wait until I was 11 to meet him (my 'real' dad was in and out of our lives when it suited him) but my life is richer for having him in it. Your baby will always be safe and secure with the knowledge that they were wanted so desperately and I am absolutely sure they will feel loved unconditionally by the both of you. I haven't said that in the way I could in person so I hope it gives you comfort and strength.
    Much Love
    Sarah x
    Last edited by Welsh Mummy; 23-04-2013 at 07:15. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    WelshMummy.... oh you're making me cry too :-)) Thanks for such supportive words. Yes, DH seems to have come to terms a long time ago that his sperm wouldn't be viable, but I was always hoping for some miracle. I'm feeling much better now, and kind of excited to be on a new journey. I know DH will love the baby so much (yes, I know, because I've asked him this question many times in the past year!!). Thanks again.

AFM.... the scientist rang this morning to say only 1 out of our 2 eggs fertilised overnight, so that's a little disappointing, particularly since it was anonymous donor sperm. So now we will hope that this one emby is the magical one. The FS wanted to transfer it tomorrow (day 2), but I said no, I've had a day 2 and day 3 transfer before that didn't work, and this time I want to see how it grows to day 5. The next update now is on Thursday, which I'm sort of fine about, as it means that I can try to do some things in the next two days without thinking about it all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately, our little embryo stopped growing, and this morning (day 5) it was still only 4 cells, so it's all over for us. It's very sad, because even with donor sperm we didn't get lucky, and now the possibility of it never happening seems rather real. Waiting for the FS's phonecall, then will probably take a couple of months break and try again in June or July.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately, our little embryo stopped growing, and this morning (day 5) it was still only 4 cells, so it's all over for us. It's very sad, because even with donor sperm we didn't get lucky, and now the possibility of it never happening seems rather real. Waiting for the FS's phonecall, then will probably take a couple of months break and try again in June or July.
    So sorry to hear your sad news sweetie. I'm sure the angels will bless you next time. Stay strong, mwah.
    sarah

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Welsh Mummy For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-04-2013)

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gorgeous girls!

It has been absolutely ages since i've last been on here. Had a very stressful 18 months with work, study (which i've finally finished! ), IVF and the deaths of my best friend and DH's best friend 3 months later. But that's in the past now. I hope you are all well and keeping fighting fit.

Well were do I start? On the weight front, i've gotten down to 85kgs which is the lightest i've ever been since i've been married and fee absolutely fantastic. And because of the weight loss, DH and I finally got to do our first round of IVF in September, but unfortunately the day I had my egg collected I got a phone call from the police to say that my friend had passed away (she was only 39) and because of all the stress from that and her family, sadly that round was unsuccessful. Then first week of December DH's best friend passed away at the young age of 43 after a successful double lung and heart transplant and then suffering a stroke 2 weeks later. Lets just say that 2012 was not our year.

Skip to January this year and with both DH and I on holidays, he decided that we give it another shot since we were on holidays and both stress free. Well to cut a long story short I am now 24 weeks 5 days UTD with a little girl and we honestly can not be any happier. We're both over the moon and totally excited as is both our family. And to make it that extra special, our little Princess is due on my late Granfather's birthday. He would have been 96. It's definitely a sign that's for sure.

Well I hope you are all well and plodding along nicely. Take care and remember that dreams really do come true. I'm a testament to that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefulmum2b... congrats on being pregnant. What a dreadful year you and your husband had last year, with two horrible deaths close to you. But isn't that great that losing weight was such a catalyst to success - not only are you feeling so healthy, but it meant that your baby dream has come true without needing IVF. Good on you and good luck for the rest of your pregnancy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefulmum2b... congrats on being pregnant. What a dreadful year you and your husband had last year, with two horrible deaths close to you. But isn't that great that losing weight was such a catalyst to success - not only are you feeling so healthy, but it meant that your baby dream has come true without needing IVF. Good on you and good luck for the rest of your pregnancy.

Thanks Hun. It's definitley been a long time in the making and TBH I still can't get over the fact that i'm actually pregnant even though our little Cub is moving/kicking about like crazy! It's such a surreal feeling and one that I never thought I would even endure so no one is more happier than DH and myself.

And how are you going? Will you be giving it another try this cycle? I so hope that everything goes well. I feel that every woman deserves to be a mum no matter how they achieve it. I'll have everything crossed for you Hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefulmum2b...yes, I'm due to start cycle #5 this weekend (or whenever AF decides to show up). Getting rather excited about it, as had a little gap since the last cycle, and it seems like it's been ages since doing anything proactive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie, i'm so excited and happy for you. It is nice to have a break from an IVF cycle as it's so stressful and it's nice to just get on with life for the time being and trying to be as calm and stress free as possible. I'll have everything crossed for you and hopefully you'll have some good news to share in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmum2b View Post
    Hi gorgeous girls!

It has been absolutely ages since i've last been on here. Had a very stressful 18 months with work, study (which i've finally finished! ), IVF and the deaths of my best friend and DH's best friend 3 months later. But that's in the past now. I hope you are all well and keeping fighting fit.

Well were do I start? On the weight front, i've gotten down to 85kgs which is the lightest i've ever been since i've been married and fee absolutely fantastic. And because of the weight loss, DH and I finally got to do our first round of IVF in September, but unfortunately the day I had my egg collected I got a phone call from the police to say that my friend had passed away (she was only 39) and because of all the stress from that and her family, sadly that round was unsuccessful. Then first week of December DH's best friend passed away at the young age of 43 after a successful double lung and heart transplant and then suffering a stroke 2 weeks later. Lets just say that 2012 was not our year.

Skip to January this year and with both DH and I on holidays, he decided that we give it another shot since we were on holidays and both stress free. Well to cut a long story short I am now 24 weeks 5 days UTD with a little girl and we honestly can not be any happier. We're both over the moon and totally excited as is both our family. And to make it that extra special, our little Princess is due on my late Granfather's birthday. He would have been 96. It's definitely a sign that's for sure.

Well I hope you are all well and plodding along nicely. Take care and remember that dreams really do come true. I'm a testament to that.
    OMG, OMG, OMG what amazing news for you. I am jumping for joy for you.

We are still having fun practising but to be honest I don't think it will ever happen for us now. We have just come back from a whirlwind visit up to Cooktown in the Kombi and had lots of fun,
    I have also finished studying, woohoo. Our house plans are with council so hopefully we will be in the new house by Christmas, then we have to decide what to do with this house. Busy, busy, busy - never stops, lol.

Ok still about 120 ish emails to plod through... No Internet available in Cooktown or anywhere in between, lol.

big hugs to you and your princess.Mwah
    Sarah

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welsh Mummy For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (07-07-2013),MGC Bertie  (07-07-2013)