+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure whether I posted this elsewhere..thought I had and then *poof* couldn't see my text anymore! DH and I have just started trying seriously after nearly 4 years married, but since I'm nearly 41 I'm hoping we haven't left it too late... spent years convincing myself I didn't want to birth kids and now...oh boy has my biological clock kicked in BIG time! Maddy

Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy40 View Post
    Not sure whether I posted this elsewhere..thought I had and then *poof* couldn't see my text anymore! DH and I have just started trying seriously after nearly 4 years married, but since I'm nearly 41 I'm hoping we haven't left it too late... spent years convincing myself I didn't want to birth kids and now...oh boy has my biological clock kicked in BIG time! Maddy
    Hi Maddy, welcome to our thread. I sincerely hope you have a very short stay here and get your BFP soon.
    If both you and your DH are in good health there is no reason why you shouldn't conceive after a few tries. I'm going to post some info after this that may be helpful.
    Best Wishes,
    Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I hope you are all well. I have been very busy during this school holiday doing absolutely nothing, lol. Well I have been busy changing my approach to this baby making lark so I thought I would share the new info with you
    Firstly after my cousins success story I decided to give her new acu guy a go. I was lucky and got in Tuesday. The first thing he did was to discuss my history, look at my tongue and take my pulses (the other acu guy never did this once in over $400 worth of visits). His diagnosis was that my yin was very low and I have a kidney yin deficiency which means my body is too cool to have a nice healthy uterus that that is welcoming to my DH's sperm or an egg. He gave me some helpful advice about how TCM works and the theories behind it, acupuncture and a beautiful back massage and then I left. Well you all know me now so off I trotted to Mr. Google to see what I could find out about my 'condition'! A few hours later I was armed with this info:
    * never leave the house with wet hair as it causes dampness in the body, particularly the uterus. I have not used a dryer for over 20 years so promptly went and bought one
    * never eat chicken after last day of AF until day after ovulation as it causes constriction in the uterus making it impossible for anything to implant. Once ovulation is over it can actually help prevent miscarriages
    * never eat anything straight out of the fridge as it takes all your yin trying to warm up the food or drink so my raw food/juice diet that is working so well has been modified
    * make time everyday for some form of relaxation, preferably meditation
    * for the best possible chance only DTD on day of ovulation and day after. Also to make those sessions longer by bringing you DH close to climax three or four times before allowing him to release (soz too much info but it needs to be out there )
    * always have a tablespoon of flax seed oil daily

There is heaps more to learn and to put in place but for now trying all of the above to see if that makes any difference. The chicken has been the first thing to go as we have it nearly every night, I have cancelled all my chiro apps for the time being as he wasn't really making any difference to the pain in my back. The acu guy said it is caused by my kidneys being under stress and it will get better with his help. Amazingly even after a few days of changing dietary things, the acu and having at least 45 minutes a day listening to a relaxation/ meditation app I am feeling so much better. I have slept really well for 3 nights in a row without having to get up for a wee. I made some barley water to day and am replacing some of my usual water with that.
    Well that's all from me for now girls. Much love and very sticky baby dust coming your way.
    Sarah

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welsh Mummy For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (07-07-2012),Sunshinebell  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Welsh Mummy that sounds very promising. I have been doing TCM for over twelve months now and even got DH into it too. We love it. Body feels amazing and the way they approach the body and it's functions is very holistic. DH even reckons it improves his climax (sorry, tmi) and ability to recover after a few drinks. I just feel more regular cycle wise and relaxed. I'm astonished your previous acu guy didn't do pulses and tongue. That being said and having looked into studying acupuncture myself I realise there are varying degrees of qualifications and registration levels. However, the Chinese medicine industry is now being regulated much like chiro's/osteo's so that should eliminate the not so reputable ones.

I have downloaded the circle and bloom meditation audio files and find them really great. I have the natural cycle nd IVF cycle ones and couldn't be happier with how they work. DH has trouble with the sleep one, I think his brain just goes over drive when I'm not home overnight, it's only those nights he has difficulties.

Anyway, enough of my babble...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry girls got a bit wrong on last post.... Need to DTD day before ovulation and day of ovulation.

Wunsi, sounds like you have all your bases covered too. Sadly after having a go at Bowen my DH won't try anything else. He said he thought he felt different but then got really sick... He got a really sore throat and skin infections which resulted in him having IV antibiotics, it all started 2 days after Bowen so now he is totally against anything again. 1 step forward and at least 3 back, lol. I'm going to google those meditation files you have downloaded. I'm using iRelax from orangeorb, available for iPad etc in the app store. They also do MP3 files for people who don't have any apple stuff. The recordings are amazing. Good luck sweetie.
    Sarah

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shell Bell View Post
    Congrat Hopefulmum.

Well it's another month bites the dust for me, bummer. I read somewhere from age 35 onwards that you should seek help / advise if TTC for longer than 6 months. Our GP knows we started trying so I suppose he will suggest something soon. I'm a bit of a shy person, takes me ages to drum up the courage for a smear. Anyway, what is generally the first steps that are taken in this situation. I just thought I wouldn't be so nervous if I knew what to expect soon (maybe).
    I have been using ovulation kits for the last few months so I was a bit more hopeful, but unfortunately no luck.
    Thanks Shell Bell. We are so excited. DH still have to do his BT's and SA before the 23rd August. Should get him to do it before we go on holidays considering we are definitely going to live it up while there.

As another Queen of waiting (5.5 years ) you should definitely get things crakcing. And yes you are right. Seek medical advice if you are 25-35 and have been actively TTC for 12 months and then 6 months if 35 years+. IMHO, I wouldn't wait for your GP to suggest testing. You make the first step and ask. It's your body and if you want a baby bad enough you would ask first. I know you are a shy person, but you have to bite the bullet and go for it. Don't beat around the bush otherwise you could end up like me, 37 and now only going to start IVF. Trust me, it's something that you don't want to be doing unless it is your absolute very last resort.

I suggest that both you and your DH make an appointment to see the GP and discuss how you've been TTC for X amount of months, what your concerns are and that you would like some tests for you both. Get the ball rolling, wait for your results and then take it from there.

I use to use OPK's too and was wondering why I wasn't UTD yet after my 3rd MC. That's when my GP sent me to go and have a HyCoSy and found out that both of my tubes are blocked. Not the most comfortable or pleasant procedure to ever have done, but I am glad that i've done it. Layed all my questions to rest so I could get on with my life and not stress out too much about TTC naturally. actually ended up being much more fun knowing that we didn't have to stress about DTD at the right time. We could relax and just enjoy BDing just for the fun of it.

So Ido hope you take some of the stuff I said on board. Good luck and please let me know how you went.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Mummy View Post
    We are good thanks. I am well and truly hooked on juicing and eating a lot more raw foods. I feel amazing, my skin looks amazing and I have lost almost 3kg. The most weight I have lost in I don't know how long. Been at it 3 weeks tomorrow.
    Heard a wonderful success story yesterday. A rellie (through marriage) is 15 weeks pregnant. She lost at 11 weeks in 2004 ish, has had a number of IVF and IUI attempts with no luck. Her AMH was 1.4 at 32 years old. She tried all sorts of alternative therapies including acupuncture. She then swapped to a Chinese acupuncturist who gave herbs to her and her partner, performed acu on them both before they went for their last shot at IVF. Hey presto, she is well and truly UTD. There is hope for us all. My AF turned up 3 days early this month but I put that down to the Clomid messing with my hormones. I finally persuaded my DH to have some Bowen so we got that done together on Tuesday so here's to a positive month.
    much love and luck coming your way.
    That's awesome Hun. Good for you. You feel good both inside and out. I know i'm feeling on top of the world right now after losing a staggering 40kgs! 15 of those have been in the last 7 months. Dropping 2/3 dress sizes has really built up my self confidence which is something I have never had because of my size. DH can see the dramatic change in my attitude and both him and my family are so proud of me and my accomplishment. I never thought that I could feel this way. I'm loving the new me, well except for the saggy skin i'm now sporting.

Reading whatyou have written about your rellie has given me hope. Last time I had my AMH was about 3-4 years ago and it was 14.9, so if she can get pregnant with a AMH of 1.4, that i'm with a good chance too. I hope and pray every day that I only have to go through the whole IVF process once. I think i've been though enough already these last couple of years.

Good luck Babe. I'll have everything (well nearly everything ) crossed for you. Hope that when I come back from my holidays you will have a BFP to tell me about. So sending heaps of love and luck your way.

Take care. MWAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy40 View Post
    Hi Maddy. I hope your stay on here is a very short one. Good luck with everything and I hope you have some good news very soon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopefulmum2b For This Useful Post:

Welsh Mummy  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful, I hope you and your DH have an amazing holiday especially the new you with your mind blowing weight loss. I'm so glad that you and your family are proud of your efforts - it would be a very sad existence if they weren't. Keep up the amazing work and if you have a blow out on your hols truly enjoy it, the diet will be there when you get back.
    Confidence is good, it makes us stronger and able to deal with things in a positive way.
    See you when you get back sweetie.
    Much love
    Sarah

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Welsh Mummy For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone still out there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me, but just waiting for AF before starting next IVF cycle. Quietly reading along. Hope you are well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm here too.

Nothing much going on here either

Waiting waiting waiting