+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Sarah, that's terrible. I really hope someone finds it and hands it in ...realising it has so much sentimental value to you. Sometimes you see ppl with metal detectors at the beach, may be worth talking to one of them if you can find one.

I managed to completely mangle a silver bracelet from the 1920s given to me by my grandmother a few years ago. It got massively squashed and distorted somehow on a long trip when it was packed up (not carefully enough obviously). So i know that awful sinking feeling.

Jen - all good here thanks. Glad you got a cuddle with your niece (um is that what a cousin's baby is called?). Im sure it was very bittersweet, but I think just being in close proximity to a newborn can be really helpful in terms of pheromones etc - but only if you feel up to it.
    Yay for the kitchen, sounds awesome & GL for your cycle, crossing e'thing for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry to have been out of touch for a while, been busy, but this insomnia has to be good for something right?

Sarah, so sorry to hear about the necklace. I lost the watch my husband got me when we got married but it turned up 5 months later in the rubber seal of the washing machine, it was horrible to lose something with so much sentimental value. So I'm hoping the karma fairy will bring it back to you. I've never had the slightest clue what is going on with my body until AF turns up so sorry no help there.

Jen well done in staying off the booze and the smokes. I quit smoking about seven years ago but it was my 9th or 10th attempt so I really know what a massive thing it is to do. I hope the current cycle is going well. Much to you.

Mrs HNF sounds like you are very busy. Work at 7am on Sunday urg! Hope all the nieces and nephews are well.

Feebs I hope that you are starting to feel better. for the anniversary of your due date. I hope DP comes around on the SA issue.

Keziah my dear, well no post for a while but when you do its a beauty! Keep dancing gorgeous girl.

Anemone cool change came through last night, phew! Hope its nice where you are and that you're getting some relaxation in. Are you ready?

AFM - well I haven't been telling anyone this but we are moving back to the UK next week. Not something I wanted or planned to do, especially right now but that's the way it is. Have been in denial up to now. Marriage is a challenging thing sometimes...

Sorry to anyone I missed, I'm a bit behind. love and to all

Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pommiemum11 View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry to have been out of touch for a while, been busy, but this insomnia has to be good for something right?

Sarah, so sorry to hear about the necklace. I lost the watch my husband got me when we got married but it turned up 5 months later in the rubber seal of the washing machine, it was horrible to lose something with so much sentimental value. So I'm hoping the karma fairy will bring it back to you. I've never had the slightest clue what is going on with my body until AF turns up so sorry no help there.

AFM - well I haven't been telling anyone this but we are moving back to the UK next week. Not something I wanted or planned to do, especially right now but that's the way it is. Have been in denial up to now. Marriage is a challenging thing sometimes...

Sorry to anyone I missed, I'm a bit behind. love and to all
    OMG you poor girl, I am so lucky that neither Andrew or I have any intention of moving back or going for a holiday even. I will be thinking of you and wish you well in your new life back home.
    Big kisses sweet girl.
    Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pommie - OMG - that's a huge change! Very hard when one of you wants to and the other doesnt - can see why you'd be in denial - but hopefully you can always move back if you feel inclined down the track. We have friends from the UK who have done just that...

Good luck with the move - hope you've got lots of help! Make sure you still keep in touch on the thread and tell us how everything goes.

Sarah - any response to your ads etc? Glad you got 2 days at the other school, sounds like a sanity saver. Hows that going?

Keziah - how you going Zumba chickie?

Feebs, Mrs HNF (wow you start work early!) hope you're OK.

Cant believe whats happening in NZ. Have spent quite a bit of time there and have rellies there, but not in ChCh. Such a tragedy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,
    Soz no time to do personals right now, I need to go to the computer shop. I AM A WINNER!!!!!! HP has taken over the case of my computer, remember back in September it went into the shop and hasn't come out since. HP are now putting in a new motherboard free of charge (the third one!!!!!) and are refunding the $198 we were charged by repairer for the HDD that still works plus they are getting a huge wrap over the knuckles for how they have treated a HP customer, I would be surprised if they get a bit more than that as HP are really mad that they failed to answer letter sent to them by the Office of Fair Trading. Hopefully I should have my own pc back mid week then the first thing we will do is take it to good computer shop we have found in town for checking, lol. Not getting caught again. Well that's all from me for now beautiful ladies.

Much love
    Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sarah - yay ! So nice to have a win after such a long, drawn out affair. Good on you for getting HP involved, sounds like it did the trick. You will be so relieved to have your computer back...and lets hope it is fully operational this time and all ready for you to use.

Where is everyone else - quiet in here atm.
    Jen - where are you up to with this cycle?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anemone For This Useful Post:

Welsh Mummy  (02-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Just gone wireless so am sat outside in the slightly cooler air. Our bedroom is 31.5 degrees at the moment - not sure how we will sleep tonight.

JFM - I was advised to up my folic acid to 5mg not the suggested 0.5mg that the doctor prescribed and have had a monster month with regards to EWCM and o pains. As I said in a previous post my leftie started on CD8 with the rightie joining in for a little while. My leftie (should give them names really) has continued twitching and twinging ever since with the rightie joining in again for a monster party on CD18. I have had bucket loads of EWCM from CD12 - CD16!!! Could this really be anything to do with increase in folic acid???? Any suggestions would be helpful / appreciated.

Love to you all,
    Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hope you dont mind that I pop in

Hi everyone
    I hope you dont mind a newby dropping in but am finding this all a bit hard to deal with atm so am looking for support and advise. I thought this might be a good thread to come in on as I have recently turned the big 40. I am very new to this whole TTC (and getting used to all the lingo). My period arrived today after our first month of trying although it has been about a year in the planning. I was a few days late and have been in the worst pain - took a couple of period pain tabs and using my heat bag and it all seems to be doing the trick . I did think I might have been pregnant as I had a few symptoms but I spose in retrospect they could be put down to anything really . Anyway, I have been using the maybe baby to test for ovulation for about two months now as I think I have prob only been ovulating in this time. The previous months were probablly not ovulation as I had been on the pill for many many many moons. Even though I have had ferns on and off since ovulation just over two weeks ago - period arrived this morning (infact, had me up at 5.30 am . So back to day 1 and yes I have small ferns this morning also, so my guess is that I have high oestrogen . Any hints on what to do about this?
    Look forward to getting to know you all, cheers

Shelby
    me 40, him 41

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls and welcome Shelby

I have been MIA for a while. Been frantic at work and it was my birthday last week....turned 43!!!! I got very spoilt.....DP cooked the most beautiful 3 course dinner for me and bought me a gorgeous gold belcher link bracelet

I finally had a breakthrough with DP about having the SA done!!! I went and had the 21 day progesterone test done last week. My result was 24.9 which I was really happy about as it means I'm ovulating normally

Hope you gals are all well, sorry didn't do personals xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all lovely ladies!
    soz been a while, Sarah, glad to see you getting some customer satisfaction, that is what annoys me so much when business' take your money and there is no customer service!! Its no wonder these days consumers are buying products online.
    Hey Anemone, how is your growing belly? And more importantly how are you?
    Cravings? Mood swings? midnight runs to the 7-eleven for magnums?
    Have you got your nursery full of baby items yet?
    Pommie was saddened to hear your moving back to the uk, but hopefully you will keep in touch via bh.
    Kez where have you bveen missed your informative and interesting posts, with a dash of humour!! How have you been going getting back on the ttc crazy roundabout?
    Hi feebs happy belated birthday, may this be your year!! xox
    Afm, had egg collection yesterday, got 21 eggs , 17 mature so they did icsi on them (injecting the sperm into the egg) they were supposed to call me back today to update on the progress, if any fertilised, but did not hear from them...thinking no news is good news....well will continue with my paranoid tendencies, and keep thinking the worse all night until I hear from them. typical female charged up on hormones!!
    Anyway, I am at work, so will get back to it!!
    love to you all
    Jen xo