+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmum2b View Post
    Hi beautiful girls!

Has been a very long time since i've been on here. Hope everyone is well.

Well as for me, I am going great guns and am now 91.3kgs. BMI:37. Only 3kgs more to go before we can start IVF! We are so excited that this is actually going to happen.

On the downside, it might have to be put on hold as my knee is givng me the s*$%s. Have had an x-ray, MRI and CT scan to figure out what is happening. I have a another appointment with the Ortho surgeon on the 3rd of May where he will compare all my scans and decide whether or not I need surgery. We've discussed with him our plans to start IVF in the next 1-2 months, and he thinks that I should get my knee fixed before we start the whole IVF process incase I do get UTD. Plus he also said that with pregnancy there is weight gain and would hate it if I end up with massive knee pain because of it and unable to take Neurofen or Panadene Forte to ease the pain like how I have been doing last couple of months. Both DH and I think it's the sensible choice to make, so will find out what he has to say when I go back and see him. If surgery is required, it will mean 6-8 weeks out of action. I guess that could be a blessing in disguise. Have the IVF treatment and then bed rest for a couple of weeks. No compalints from me.

Hope you are all well. Look forward to hearing from you all seeing as i've missed out on a lot.
    Hey Hopeful, you are truly inspirational. Your weight loss is amazing, not far to go now sweetie, keep at it. I hope your knee is feeling better too. I think getting your knee in a good place before starting IVF is a good plan. The last thing you would want is to be crippled with pain when you are trying to enjoy a pregnancy. Good luck lovely, mega hugs.
    Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone else, how are you all? I'm doing single posts at the moment until I get used to my iPad, . I got the new one for my birthday on Friday - woohoo.
    Where are we at right now? Well I am pretty sure AF is on her way, usually happens when I get a small amount of tinged CM! Should be due on Monday so hope it doesn't come early as it will change our plans a little. I had my gynae app on Friday last week . I am truly inspired to keep on this journey. The dr we saw is from the UK and he is amazing! Finally someone is listening to us. He has tested my AMH, has convinced my DH to get is SA done, prescribed Clomid, is checking my TSH, LH and prolactin levels and has asked me to get an ultrasound done to rule out every possible cause. Seriously I could have cried, we have been on this journey for over 6 years in his country and 3 or 4 in the UK and for the first time I truly feel hopeful without being pressured to embark on the IVF journey. I have my next app in June so will find all my test results then.
    Well that's all from me for now, I will let you know ow we get on.
    all my love to you all.
    Sarah

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelLexiesmum View Post
    Congrats on the weight loss Hopefulmum! Good luck with the knee/IVF plans.

AFM, (I hope I'm not upsetting anyone by still posting on here)... after the threatened miscarriage, the bleeding continued and only just stopped on Tuesday... so much for no pads during pregnancy - I've been wearing one for 10 weeks!! At the 13 week scan they finally found the cause and there was a 2cm patch of the placenta that hadn't properly implanted into the uterus wall. At the 15 week scan they couldn't see it anymore, and when the bleeding stopped that day, I felt very relieved... The bleeding hasn't affected bubs - he is a big healthy boy - actually measuring a bit too big - argh! And plans to avoid another still birth are to induce from around the time we lost Lexie (36 weeks 4 days) up to 38 weeks if all is honky dory by then. So we are looking at mid to late September. I was 16 weeks yesterday and have a daily doppler session where I listen to bubs heartbeat to reassure myself all is ok, but it has been a very LONG pregnancy so far. Pls cross your fingers we make it through ok and that I still have some non-grey hairs left by the end of it!
    Hope you are all well, and I keep checking in for (as Kez said) lots of big fat ++++'s, so let me know how you are all going. Have a great weekend!!
    Thanks Hun. It's been a long time coming, but i'm so grateful that I have started to lose the weight. It's now 36kgs lost so far and i'm still going. My goal weight right now is to get down to 75kgs which is how much I weight when DH and I first met 18 years ago. So about 16kgs to go. After that, I wouldn't mind getting to 65 and then i'll stop there. Don't want to look too skinny.

My appointment with the Ortho surgeon is on thursday which I guess i'll find out if surgery is needed or not. I hope so though. I know it's 6-8 weeks of recovery, but I don't want to be UTD and have a sore knee in which I can't take Neurofen of Panadene Forte. Even the surgeon suggested that I get this done before we start.

As for the FS, we finally have an appointment scheduled for the 21st June! DH and I are so happy and excited. Hopefully I could be UTD by the end of the year.

I'm so glad that the bleeding has finally stopped. It would have been extreamly scary for you. So sending lots of prayers and good luck to you for the rest of your pregnancy, and hope things go smoothy for you from now on. xx

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Mummy View Post
    Hey Hopeful, you are truly inspirational. Your weight loss is amazing, not far to go now sweetie, keep at it. I hope your knee is feeling better too. I think getting your knee in a good place before starting IVF is a good plan. The last thing you would want is to be crippled with pain when you are trying to enjoy a pregnancy. Good luck lovely, mega hugs.
    Sarah
    Thanks Welsh Mummy. I feel great and it's the first time in years that i'm in a good head space about my weight. So far it's 36kgs down and about 16 to go till I get to 75ks. My family and DH are so very proud of me. As am I. Can't believe that my BMI has gone down from 42 to36! I don't like the fact that I now have excess skin though, but it's a constant reminer of how well I am doing in my weight loss journey and that I can have it taken off once I have my bubbies.
    We finally have a FS appointment on the 21st June which we are so excited about. WE can't believe that it's finally going to happen and that we won't be denied treatment like last time. Gives me more than enough time to lose more weight so that they can't make an excuse not to treat us.

My knee is still giving me trouble. I have to wear my knee brace everyday now which is a pain in the butt, but it stops my knee from giving way. It's just unfortunate, that it doensn't stop the pain. I'm just hope that he can sort things out when I see him on thursday. Honestly don't know how much longer I can deal with this. And you're right, I want to get this sorted out before we do start IVF. The surgeon has the same idea too which is great, so at least we're on the same page.

Hey everyone else, how are you all? I'm doing single posts at the moment until I get used to my iPad, . I got the new one for my birthday on Friday - woohoo.
    Where are we at right now? Well I am pretty sure AF is on her way, usually happens when I get a small amount of tinged CM! Should be due on Monday so hope it doesn't come early as it will change our plans a little. I had my gynae app on Friday last week . I am truly inspired to keep on this journey. The dr we saw is from the UK and he is amazing! Finally someone is listening to us. He has tested my AMH, has convinced my DH to get is SA done, prescribed Clomid, is checking my TSH, LH and prolactin levels and has asked me to get an ultrasound done to rule out every possible cause. Seriously I could have cried, we have been on this journey for over 6 years in his country and 3 or 4 in the UK and for the first time I truly feel hopeful without being pressured to embark on the IVF journey. I have my next app in June so will find all my test results then.
    all my love to you all.
    Sarah
    I am so happy and excited that for one, you are not giving up on your TTC and two, after all these years, someone has finally listened and taken you seriously and started things rolling with tests and what not. I am seriously so happy for Hun. Has to be one of the best things i've heard in a while. I hope that you will be sharing some other happy news with us all very soon. I hope that you keep us up to date on how you are doing with regards to the tests and stuff. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, just letting you know that I'm very sad to say I'm leaving this thread I have just got the god awful news that I have breast cancer and, unfortunately baby making or a pregnancy during treatment is a no-no, so my baby dreams are unfortunately over.

I wish all of you girls the very best of luck in your journeys, and thank you so so very much for all your wonderful support and loveliness while I have been here.

Take care.

Fiona xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Feebs04 View Post
    Hi girls, just letting you know that I'm very sad to say I'm leaving this thread I have just got the god awful news that I have breast cancer and, unfortunately baby making or a pregnancy during treatment is a no-no, so my baby dreams are unfortunately over.

I wish all of you girls the very best of luck in your journeys, and thank you so so very much for all your wonderful support and loveliness while I have been here.

Take care.

Fiona xoxo
    Oh, I'm so terribly sorry to hear. Good luck with the treatment, I hope you beat it quickly. Will be thinking of you. Massive to you and your partner. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    all my love to you all.
    Sarah
    Good luck!! Sounds like you've got a great doctor who is really going to help you. Let us know how it all goes. x

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Take care.

Fiona xoxo
    Oh Feebs, I am so sorry to hear about your terrible news. I wish you the very best of luck with your treatment. You are a very strong woman and you can beat this. Look at Olivia Newton John and Kylie Minogue. They both had breat cancer and beat it and I know you can too.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your DP. We're going to miss you and I do hope that you pop in from time to time to let us know how you are doing, okay.

Take care, Hun.
    xxxooo

Thanks
    Reviews

Take care.

Fiona xoxo
    Hi Fiona,
    my prayers are with you, I know you have the strength to get through this, and I wish you a speedy recovery and all the very best. thoughts are with you hun xoxox
    Jen.

Thanks
    Reviews

Take care.

Fiona xoxo
    Hi Fiona,
    I am so sorry to hear your terrible news. You and your DH are strong - you will get through this. If you ever need anyone outside your family or circle of support to have a rant at please do not hesitate in emailing me. I am a really good listener. You will be in my prayers, please drop by and let us know how you are going. If you don't want to pop in here, email me and I will let the girls know how you are. All my love,
    Sarah

keziah is offline I am thankful to the Universe for this lesson of patience and know that our child is on its way....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fiona - I've hardly been in here lately but I just opened it today for the first time and read this very sad news. A shock to say the least but you are a STRONG lady and I know you will beat it.

We are all here for you, regardless of whether the baby journey is 'on hold' (that's what I am going to call it).

I hope that they have got it in the nick of time and you will come back fighting fit and fertile.

Much love and light and here for you. xmwahx