+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 570
  1. #441
    Welsh Mummy's Avatar
    Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bundaberg, Qld
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked
    28
    Reviews
    0
    Hey Girls,
    How is everyone? I am having a very stressful time work wise. As I said before my job has been split two and a half days at each school, I went into school number two today (took yesterday off as it was our first official wedding annivesary - leap day wedding lol) and all my things have been moved to make way for the new teacher they have taken on . How dare they touch my personal resources? I offered plenty of times on Friday to move my things. Then the icing on the cake was when the head of department suggested I move all my personal stuff out of the classroom completely as it wasn't my room anymore. I don't actually know where she expects me to keep them as there is no room in her class where I teach. I even had to put my laptop on top of a computer trolley, and I do literally mean on top - I had to stand up to use it!!!! I am so over Ed Qld, well the Bundy lot anyway. I am so p####d off that I have applied for a job in Emerald!!! Not sure what came over me but if I get it, we are going. Rant, rant, rant. Sorry girls just needed to get that off my chest.
    Hope you are all well.
    Love and big hugs
    Sarah

  2. #442
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked
    104
    Reviews
    0
    Hi ladies,

    Currently I have my feet up recovering from surgery yesterday. All went well and did find some endo, but mild/minor, and burnt that off. He also found my left tube blocked up the end near the ovary, but my right is fine. i'm a bit sore today, but i actually am surprised how well i feel.

    Let's hope the flush out does the trick and I get up the duff this time. I don't go back to him until mid-April, fingers crossed I have good news for him!

    By the way I've enjoyed hearing about the fostering info. I've had two work colleagues do it, but neither have continued. I think the support given is minimal and can be disheartening.

    Hope everyone else is travelling well.


  3. #443
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    288
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked
    58
    Reviews
    0
    Hi all, hope your weekend is going well.
    Sarah, sorry to hear about work - it makes it so tough to do your work when you and your property are not respected. My DP is currently fighting for a teacher at his school who is split between them and the special school because they are both maxing her out and not giving her the correct breaks - assuming the other school will make up the break time she needs.... when they have copies of her schedule from the other school. Just silly needless stuff, but its having a horrible effect on her!
    As for fostering... both of my brothers have fostered children with their wives - my younger brother is currently doing it now - just emergency care. My older brother and his wife gave up after a year or two as they too found it totally disheartening - the children were constantly being reunited with abusive/neglectful birth parents and then removed again. It also had an impact on their own children as some of the fostered kids needs were extremely high. In the end, they made the decision to put their own kids needs first and gave up fostering, they said a lot of the stories were just heart breaking.
    AFM, we haven't gone down the track of thinking about adopting/fostering just yet, we're going to see how we go with this pregnancy, and since we are still having luck conceiving naturally, will keep trying for our own at this stage.
    Wunsi, good to hear you're recovering well and that there was some good info gained out of your surgery. Hopefully you will have some luck before your next appt - will keep my for you.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Letoti For This Useful Post:

    wunsi  (04-03-2012)

  5. #444
    Welsh Mummy's Avatar
    Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bundaberg, Qld
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked
    28
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wunsi View Post
    Hi ladies,

    Currently I have my feet up recovering from surgery yesterday. All went well and did find some endo, but mild/minor, and burnt that off. He also found my left tube blocked up the end near the ovary, but my right is fine. i'm a bit sore today, but i actually am surprised how well i feel.

    Let's hope the flush out does the trick and I get up the duff this time. I don't go back to him until mid-April, fingers crossed I have good news for him!

    By the way I've enjoyed hearing about the fostering info. I've had two work colleagues do it, but neither have continued. I think the support given is minimal and can be disheartening.

    Hope everyone else is travelling well.

    Hey Wunsi, good news that they only found some minor endo and that they were able to treat that. Did he try to unblock the tube for you? A friend had this done back last year but it was only a partial block so they were able to laser the stuff away. Fingers crossed this is all the treatment you need and you get that BFP soon, mwah.


    Quote Originally Posted by AngelLexiesmum View Post
    Hi all, hope your weekend is going well.
    Sarah, sorry to hear about work - it makes it so tough to do your work when you and your property are not respected. My DP is currently fighting for a teacher at his school who is split between them and the special school because they are both maxing her out and not giving her the correct breaks - assuming the other school will make up the break time she needs.... when they have copies of her schedule from the other school. Just silly needless stuff, but its having a horrible effect on her!
    Yup, I know exactly how she feels, when I was 60:40 everything was ok but the 50:50 spilt is a nightmare. The principal at my base school arranged a meeting with me Friday but then sent me away for 55 minutes because he was too busy to see me, . What a s**t bag! He then had the nerve to tell me if my other school were giving me too much non contact that he would cut me back at his school. The other school give all special ed staff a bit extra as they don't have a HOSES so we all share the work. I am totally blown away by his attitude. He then had a go at me for telling new teacher I was upset with her moving my stuff and then.... for not writing a timetable or finding out which kids are cross classed and when. Helloooooo! this is what the HOSES is paid to do, she didn't even come down to my room on Thurs or FRi and I team teach with her. Honestly it is just crappy at the moment. The job in Emerald has been filled or so they say (it was only on Smart Jobs 1 day). They said they wouldn't have given it to me anyway because I already have a permanent position, so can't apply for a permanent job but can't apply for temporary posts either. That is not the best bit though... apparently I'm not qualified to do the job as I don't have the special ed diploma - I am however, employed as a teacher of the intellectually impaired so how does that work. Duhh all this political s**t is beyond me that is for sure.
    I hope things have settled well with your pregnancy - you are another week closer to that all important date. Big hugs sweetie.

    I hope everyone else is well. Loadsa love to you all.
    Sarah

  6. #445
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,124
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked
    553
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That is so sad about foster care, I guess we would try it and see how it goes then.

    Fantastic news angel lexies mum that your pregnancy is going well. Welsh mummy they treat teachers terribly when you all do a difficult job and are underpaid. Good luck with it all, I hope it gets better.

    AFM, still trying for number two, it's been four months, but I hope this month is it. Good thing is that I'm back to being a stay at home mum again as I left my job on Friday! Yee hah. What sucks is they made me redundant while I was on maternity leave, but said I could come back for three months to find another job in the organisation. The work I was doing when I got back was crappy filing, and basic tasks, well below my marketing skills level. But dh got a job soi asked for my redundancy forward a month which they refused to do, so I had to resign and walked away without a redundancy. Big sucks, they are such a stingy business.

  7. #446
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked
    104
    Reviews
    0
    Welsh Mummy, as far as I understand it he only burnt off the endo and left the tube as my right is perfect and the ovary too. I've been doing a little research and it seems that they don't tend to unblock many cases of tube blockages, but I will ask lots of questions at my next appointment to clarify what exactly it means for us.

    DH's SA this time around wasn't as good as his first one, but the FS seemed unconcerned by the results especially due to his previous SA. Time will tell I guess. My AMH was within normal range, although at the lower end, but still normal according to FS, and all other bloods taken at that time were fine. I am still waiting on the day 21 progesterone test which i am sure will be fine as I am convinced I ovulate each month.

    Lexie's mum great going with your preg!

    Talk soon.

  8. #447
    Welsh Mummy's Avatar
    Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bundaberg, Qld
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked
    28
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    That is so sad about foster care, I guess we would try it and see how it goes then.

    Fantastic news angel lexies mum that your pregnancy is going well. Welsh mummy they treat teachers terribly when you all do a difficult job and are underpaid. Good luck with it all, I hope it gets better.

    AFM, still trying for number two, it's been four months, but I hope this month is it. Good thing is that I'm back to being a stay at home mum again as I left my job on Friday! Yee hah. What sucks is they made me redundant while I was on maternity leave, but said I could come back for three months to find another job in the organisation. The work I was doing when I got back was crappy filing, and basic tasks, well below my marketing skills level. But dh got a job soi asked for my redundancy forward a month which they refused to do, so I had to resign and walked away without a redundancy. Big sucks, they are such a stingy business.
    I'd have stuck it out just a bit longer to get redundancy payment even if the job was below what I'm qualified to do but then I am so very, very stubborn and head strong, lol. You had to do what was best for you and your stress levels. I hope you are loving your time at home with your ds. Mwah.

    Quote Originally Posted by wunsi View Post
    Welsh Mummy, as far as I understand it he only burnt off the endo and left the tube as my right is perfect and the ovary too. I've been doing a little research and it seems that they don't tend to unblock many cases of tube blockages, but I will ask lots of questions at my next appointment to clarify what exactly it means for us.

    DH's SA this time around wasn't as good as his first one, but the FS seemed unconcerned by the results especially due to his previous SA. Time will tell I guess. My AMH was within normal range, although at the lower end, but still normal according to FS, and all other bloods taken at that time were fine. I am still waiting on the day 21 progesterone test which i am sure will be fine as I am convinced I ovulate each month.

    Lexie's mum great going with your preg!

    Talk soon.
    Sound like your fs has everything covered. I got my 21 day progesterone result back yesterday. I was 31 which she said was a great result and shows I'm ovulating. I also got her to clarify my thyroide test from last time. She says as my T4 and T3 results are well within the normal range she is not concerned at this stage about the TSH result being slightly out of whack but she will test again in 3 months. Hope all is good with yours. Hugs.

    Big hugs to everyone
    Sarah

  9. #448
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Country Vic
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked
    13
    Reviews
    0

    Default Sorry I haven't been here lately :(

    Hi there all you wonderful ladies,

    I haven't been in here much in the last few weeks and just wanted to quickly say why. I went to my FS last month and was looking forward to an IUI with clomid and injections etc when my scan revealed what I expected, too much ovary potentials. So hopes dashed again. Then while I was still at the FS rooms I spoke with the nurse about my options which in short the next step is IVF. I always knew this was a possibility and as soon as the nurse started talking about it I was crying and trying my best not to as I was on my own that day. Hubby didn't need to be there just for a scan, then had to drive home on my own 1.5hrs. So I stopped off at Glenrowan for a tourist time out and then went home to deal with it all. Needless to say I didn't go to work the next day.

    While all this has been happening my husbands father was dying from cancer so didn't talk about ttc with anyone in the family as clearly there were more important things to deal with. He has since passed away a little over a week ago. So really have had no time or will to think about ttc. Even now it's hard to think about ttc when everyone (including myself) are still trying to come to terms with our loss.

    I just wanted to say I will get a message to you all at some point soon and hope you will see a little more of me on here in the near future.

    All my love and best wishes to everyone ttc and to you all in general.
    Tamagotchi

    p.s can't wait to feel like this again

  10. #449
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked
    104
    Reviews
    0
    Tamagotchi, my thoughts are with you and your family. Both my dh and myself have lost a parent and there are no words. Take care and join us again when you are ready.


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

    Tamagotchi  (08-03-2012)

  12. #450
    Welsh Mummy's Avatar
    Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bundaberg, Qld
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked
    28
    Reviews
    0
    Tamagotchi - My prayers are with you and all your family at this difficult time. We are all here when you are ready hun. Take care,
    Sarah

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Welsh Mummy For This Useful Post:

    Tamagotchi  (08-03-2012)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Another name thread - help pls with boy name
    By Buttoneska in forum Choosing Baby Names
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-05-2012, 09:24
  2. Another name thread
    By Buttoneska in forum Choosing Baby Names
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 19:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!