+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    Thanks welsh mummy for thinking of me.

Just wanted to ask everyone in this thread if it's alright for me to post here. I know it's for first time mums over 35, which I was when I joined, but since having ds in jan last year, we're trying quickly for our second, but no luck yet. Have been trying since af came back in October.

Anyhow let me know what you think.
    Hey Sweetie,
    I have no probs you being here, I technically shouldn't be here either as I have also given birth albeit she was sleeping. Did you know your little boy shares the same birthday as Andie - he was born a year later.

Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh god, that's providential. So he was born on jan 29th?

Your little Andi is waiting for you in heaven I'm sure.

How are you going with the ttc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh god, that's providential. So he was born on jan 29th?

Your little Andi is waiting for you in heaven I'm sure.

How are you going with the ttc?
    Yes she would have been two now whereas your little boy is just one. I'm sure she is too and to be honest I think she often pops into our bedroom at bedtime. A bit weird sounding I know but it is what I believe.

I am on CD15 and have only been eating and drinking warm / hot stuff for 3 weeks (TCM - warming the uterus without actually taking any herbs) and OMG how much ewcm do I have this month? Sorry tmi - it is gushing out of me, lol. I also had my chakras balanced again today, she also did Andrew again so fingers crossed for us hun.

How are you going this month?

Big hugs
    Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    If that's what you believe about Andi, then that's what it is. I hope you get a bfp soon, more ewcm is always good for making dtd enjoyable! If you don't mind me asking have you thought about Ivf? I'm going to do it if we get no luck in the next six months. Although I saw a FS three weeks ago and he said it was very likely I'd have another baby naturally. He did some blood tests and an ultrasound test just to make sure though. Still waiting for the results though which is frustrating.

And I now this sounds maudlin but because of my age of 39, we're even open to fostering (as adoption is so difficult here), if we can't have another baby. Is that something anyone else here has considered?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If that's what you believe about Andi, then that's what it is. I hope you get a bfp soon, more ewcm is always good for making dtd enjoyable! If you don't mind me asking have you thought about Ivf? I'm going to do it if we get no luck in the next six months. Although I saw a FS three weeks ago and he said it was very likely I'd have another baby naturally. He did some blood tests and an ultrasound test just to make sure though. Still waiting for the results though which is frustrating.

And I now this sounds maudlin but because of my age of 39, we're even open to fostering (as adoption is so difficult here), if we can't have another baby. Is that something anyone else here has considered?
    My dh does not think ivf is necessary- totally in denial. Problem not me. We started our training to foster and even spent 46k on an 8 seat car but then didn't continue as they promote reunification which includes sending kids back to abusers because they have "sought help". Sorry to be so blunt but once an abuser always an abuser. We just can't do it. Also they can take a child back at short notice even if you have agreed on longer term care. Have seen it happen at my school many times. One of my previous students was taken from a long term foster carer and sent back to a male abuser and is still 8 months later!u

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Mummy View Post
    Keep resting sweetie. If your thyroid is out of whack during pregnancy it can cause m/c's but I don't want you to feak out by knowing this info. Your dr is going to keep an eye on it and wouldn't have let you walk out of there without a script if he was concerned.
    As for teaching are you overseas trained like me? If you are do you know you need to do a rating interview before being eligible for permanency? Luckily for me I had a great school like yours giving me heaps of work, they didn't want to lose me so put me through my rating. A stupid formality really since I was already a senior teacher in the UK when I started teaching in the UK. Also when I was made permanent I was able to claim 5 of the 7 years towards my salary which meant I started in the middle of the scale. Just some probabaly useless info considering you have your own union rep in situ, lol.
    Love and hugs, mwah.

Sarah
    Thanks Sarah, I am now on medication for my thyroid, although it is a very low dose and only to be continued if I manage to hold on to this pregnancy... and as for that... does anyone have any advice/experience with this:

Scan yesterday showed a heartbeat of 152bpm and a bubs measuring 7 weeks exactly - which matched my dates exactly yesterday BUT... the sac was an extremely funky/unusual shape - no where near round - very elongated with two round ends and a lump in the middle. Of course I came home and googled it and most sites said that unusual shaped sacs usually end in miscarriage. I have not stopped losing brown/old blood (almost 2 weeks now) and have now had 3 red bleeds - one today, I think caused by internal u/s - I didn't even think before she did it. Although, a lot of the sites also said that once a heartbeat is discovered, the chance of m/c drops to about 5%.
    Any experiences good or bad, please let me know... have been walking on eggshells for two weeks and am really exhausted from it. Really want to know one way or the other what's going to happen... think the universe may be trying to teach me about patience, lol.
    Thanks all, hope you're all going well.

P.S. Sarah, am Aussie trained, just went o/s to teach for 6 years - and lost my S1 rating because of it - grr! They did count my time over there as years of service though, so it's all good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelLexiesmum View Post
    Thanks Sarah, I am now on medication for my thyroid, although it is a very low dose and only to be continued if I manage to hold on to this pregnancy... and as for that... does anyone have any advice/experience with this:

Scan yesterday showed a heartbeat of 152bpm and a bubs measuring 7 weeks exactly - which matched my dates exactly yesterday BUT... the sac was an extremely funky/unusual shape - no where near round - very elongated with two round ends and a lump in the middle. Of course I came home and googled it and most sites said that unusual shaped sacs usually end in miscarriage. I have not stopped losing brown/old blood (almost 2 weeks now) and have now had 3 red bleeds - one today, I think caused by internal u/s - I didn't even think before she did it. Although, a lot of the sites also said that once a heartbeat is discovered, the chance of m/c drops to about 5%.
    Any experiences good or bad, please let me know... have been walking on eggshells for two weeks and am really exhausted from it. Really want to know one way or the other what's going to happen... think the universe may be trying to teach me about patience, lol.
    Thanks all, hope you're all going well.

P.S. Sarah, am Aussie trained, just went o/s to teach for 6 years - and lost my S1 rating because of it - grr! They did count my time over there as years of service though, so it's all good.
    Hey sweetie, great ickle heartbeat. I'm sure everything is going to be fine. I can't believe silly person even did an internal ultra sound, . You may need to report that as I'm sure they shouldn't do it.
    I can't believe you could lose your rating (get it back on this contract that's how I got mine, S1 too, ) but that's EQ for you, the silly asses have split my job .5 at two schools!!!! I am at one school MOn, Tues and until 11 on Wed. I then have to dash across town (luckily Bundy only small, lol) to be at the other school 11.25. I have had to fight really hard to get my break but how stupid is that???? I feel for the special school, they lost 4 kids so somehow lost 2.8 teachers one of which ended up in one of my schools doing my full time hours Confused, yeah me too. Take it easy sweet, thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get off dr google angel lexies mum. He's no good and is always anxiety making. I know your doctor will give better advice. Join the thread pregnant after a miscarriage, I found it very supportive as I realized I wasn't the only one going insane with worry in the pregnancy. But I hope your baby get's through this. 152 bpm is a really strong heartbeat. Good luck babes.

Welsh mummy big hugs. It's hard when you're both not on the same page with this baby making journey. But having each other is so important, and you both get through the bad days together.

That reunification policy with foster care makes me so mad. I hear ya. Isn't the child's happiness the most important thing. The parents should lose their rights when they hurt their child. Call. Me controversial but it's our history on the stolen generation that has given us this policy. In England the policy is to get the child adopted as quickly as possible, as they found the child staying in foster care too long was detrimental to them, and the children really needed stability. We need that policy here, but maybe I'm biased. But saying that I wouldn't want any mother to lose their child, because sometimes the mum's are going through mental illness or a really tough time, but the kids should come first.

We've decided to take that risk with foster care, that they may go back, I just think I hope that I'd make their life happy and loving even for a short time, and I'd hope that their happiness would rub off on me too. I have heard though that you can get lucky sometimes and adopt the child after two years if their is no contest from the parents. But yes foster care would definitely not be an easy road.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welsh mummy big hugs. It's hard when you're both not on the same page with this baby making journey. But having each other is so important, and you both get through the bad days together.

That reunification policy with foster care makes me so mad. I hear ya. Isn't the child's happiness the most important thing. The parents should lose their rights when they hurt their child. Call. Me controversial but it's our history on the stolen generation that has given us this policy. In England the policy is to get the child adopted as quickly as possible, as they found the child staying in foster care too long was detrimental to them, and the children really needed stability. We need that policy here, but maybe I'm biased. But saying that I wouldn't want any mother to lose their child, because sometimes the mum's are going through mental illness or a really tough time, but the kids should come first.

We've decided to take that risk with foster care, that they may go back, I just think I hope that I'd make their life happy and loving even for a short time, and I'd hope that their happiness would rub off on me too. I have heard though that you can get lucky sometimes and adopt the child after two years if their is no contest from the parents. But yes foster care would definitely not be an easy road.

I agree everyone deserves a second if they have been ill, I would hand their children over in a heartbeat when they were ready. Yes we thought the same about making someones life happy even if for a short time. Qld law is different, if a child is a ward of the state they remain that way until they turn 18 which means we would never be able to adopt. It put Andrew off in a big way as his mother was fostered until she was 18. Her biological mother gave up all right to her by the time she was 4 but the law at that time said she could never be adopted. I still think fostering would be rewarding but whilst the only contacts in Bundy are Pathways, it won't be for us. Good luck with it all sweet. Mwah.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for you too. That's annoying about Queensland law I hope it changes. And let's hope we both get UTD and never have to consider this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Welsh Mummy  (01-03-2012)