+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 570
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,124
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked
    553
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Just thought I'd say

    I have been recently been diagnosed with an over active thyroid and my doctor says that between 1 and 2 is optimum for fertility.

  2. #422
    Welsh Mummy's Avatar
    Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bundaberg, Qld
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked
    28
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    I have been recently been diagnosed with an over active thyroid and my doctor says that between 1 and 2 is optimum for fertility.
    Hi Lucky,
    My level was 0.4 , what was yours? I want to know why I'm not losing weight with that reading, lol. Still have 10kg to lose!!!!!! and it is not going anywhere fast.

    Now freaking out. I have another CD21 blood test on 29th then my appointment a few days after that. I will be on her case about this issue.
    Sarah
    Last edited by Welsh Mummy; 14-02-2012 at 18:45. Reason: Typo

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    288
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked
    58
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Mummy View Post

    Hey Angel, I'm glad you got your contract. Just flick an email off to the QTU about maternity leave etc. It sounds as though you have been doing contracts for a while so should possibly be ready to convert to permanent, I'm the QTU Rep at my school so have a little bit of an idea of what is going on, lol. Don't ask your rep at school, it is often easier to do it yourself unless being looked after by me, . I take my position very seriously. If you are not sure who to contact flick me an email to school and I will find out for you. My school email is sspru2@eq.edu.au Let me know how you get on hun. Mwah.
    Thanks for the offer, but am only on my 2nd year with Ed Qld - taught in London, Dubai and in a private school before last year. My school has been really good - gave me my job back when I lost Lexie and got me this years contract before the end of last year. My Principal also lost her first baby at 8 months and then Lexie was born on her birthday, so she understands what I've been going through and has been really helpful. My DP is also a teacher and is a very strong union rep, so I've got all the answers I need there, lol, but I appreciate the offer.

    As for the threatened miscarriage... we're still hanging in there, the doc did a scan yesterday and he saw the sac and it measured the right size for just under 6 weeks. There was no heartbeat visible, but it is still too early for that, so we're holding our breath until next Thursdays scan that all is ok. The old blood has now nearly stopped and the dull period type pain I felt (which is exactly how my labour with Lexie started - and why I immediately thought we were miscarrying) has now stopped. So we are crossing everything that we may hang on to this one. I've read that between 50 - 70% of threatened pregnancies do not end, so we're hoping we are one of those. I'd like to say we've got 7 weeks till we get through the danger period, but after losing Lexie at 37 weeks, I think we've still got 34 weeks until we're out of danger! Anyway, it's looking good at the moment so I am trying to remain positive and will be putting my feet up as I'm off work for the whole week.

    Thanks for all your hugs and support everyone, it really does help. and


    P.S. They said my thyroid levels were a bit out and have retested, but I don't know what they do and how they affect pregnancy - info pls? He said my levels were low, but my body worked extra hard to get them up to the correct level or around my body... can't really remember how he phrased it as it hasn't come up before and I haven't looked into it. Said if they were still out, I'd need to go on medication - is that for life or for pregnancy?

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked
    16
    Reviews
    0
    Welsh Mummy and Luckyme, I've never had my thyroid checked. Does it affect TTC??

    Welsh Mummy - I would love to have seen the pod of dolphins swimming, what an aweswome experience for you being up so close and personal to them.

    Angel - so glad to hear that your bubs is hanging in there and the bleeding has stopped for your scan next week.

    Am off to specialist tomorrow to have hycosy. Not looking forward to it!!! I'm guessing that all will be OK as I've been able to fall preggers, but specialist said he would not start me on the Clomid before he's checked my tubes are patent.

    how did everyone celebrate Valentine's Day?? I hope you all had a lovely time with your DPs. Alex and I went out for dinner to our fave Japanese restaurant and of course I pverdid it and ate waaaaaay too much

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,124
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked
    553
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My gp tested my thyroid and found it under active and believed that was why my cycle was shorter, she believed once that was fixed I would fall pregnant, not the case yet, but maybe this month. It's been six weeks since I started taking the thyroxine.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

    Letoti  (15-02-2012)

  7. #426
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked
    16
    Reviews
    0
    Well I went and had hycosy done this afternoon. Wasn't as bad as I thought. Dr said I was one of the calmest patients he has had having the procedure done, a lot of women pass out or scream or something, which I didn't do!! lol Found out that my right tube is good, but the left one is blocked I start on low dose of Clomid next cycle, if no good after a couple of cycles he will up the dose and see how I go.

  8. #427
    Welsh Mummy's Avatar
    Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bundaberg, Qld
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked
    28
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelLexiesmum View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but am only on my 2nd year with Ed Qld - taught in London, Dubai and in a private school before last year. My school has been really good - gave me my job back when I lost Lexie and got me this years contract before the end of last year. My Principal also lost her first baby at 8 months and then Lexie was born on her birthday, so she understands what I've been going through and has been really helpful. My DP is also a teacher and is a very strong union rep, so I've got all the answers I need there, lol, but I appreciate the offer.

    As for the threatened miscarriage... we're still hanging in there, the doc did a scan yesterday and he saw the sac and it measured the right size for just under 6 weeks. There was no heartbeat visible, but it is still too early for that, so we're holding our breath until next Thursdays scan that all is ok. The old blood has now nearly stopped and the dull period type pain I felt (which is exactly how my labour with Lexie started - and why I immediately thought we were miscarrying) has now stopped. So we are crossing everything that we may hang on to this one. I've read that between 50 - 70% of threatened pregnancies do not end, so we're hoping we are one of those. I'd like to say we've got 7 weeks till we get through the danger period, but after losing Lexie at 37 weeks, I think we've still got 34 weeks until we're out of danger! Anyway, it's looking good at the moment so I am trying to remain positive and will be putting my feet up as I'm off work for the whole week.

    Thanks for all your hugs and support everyone, it really does help. and


    P.S. They said my thyroid levels were a bit out and have retested, but I don't know what they do and how they affect pregnancy - info pls? He said my levels were low, but my body worked extra hard to get them up to the correct level or around my body... can't really remember how he phrased it as it hasn't come up before and I haven't looked into it. Said if they were still out, I'd need to go on medication - is that for life or for pregnancy?
    Keep resting sweetie. If your thyroid is out of whack during pregnancy it can cause m/c's but I don't want you to feak out by knowing this info. Your dr is going to keep an eye on it and wouldn't have let you walk out of there without a script if he was concerned.
    As for teaching are you overseas trained like me? If you are do you know you need to do a rating interview before being eligible for permanency? Luckily for me I had a great school like yours giving me heaps of work, they didn't want to lose me so put me through my rating. A stupid formality really since I was already a senior teacher in the UK when I started teaching in the UK. Also when I was made permanent I was able to claim 5 of the 7 years towards my salary which meant I started in the middle of the scale. Just some probabaly useless info considering you have your own union rep in situ, lol.
    Love and hugs, mwah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feebs04 View Post
    Welsh Mummy and Luckyme, I've never had my thyroid checked. Does it affect TTC??

    Welsh Mummy - I would love to have seen the pod of dolphins swimming, what an aweswome experience for you being up so close and personal to them.

    Angel - so glad to hear that your bubs is hanging in there and the bleeding has stopped for your scan next week.

    Am off to specialist tomorrow to have hycosy. Not looking forward to it!!! I'm guessing that all will be OK as I've been able to fall preggers, but specialist said he would not start me on the Clomid before he's checked my tubes are patent.

    how did everyone celebrate Valentine's Day?? I hope you all had a lovely time with your DPs. Alex and I went out for dinner to our fave Japanese restaurant and of course I pverdid it and ate waaaaaay too much
    Yup, your thyroid can cause a problem when TTC. If you have either and under active or over active thyroid, your cycles could be a bit scatty and you may not ovulate every month.
    Your hycosy sounded good. Are they able to unblock you left tube? I have everything crossed for you. Good luck with the clomid. Big hugs, mwah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    My gp tested my thyroid and found it under active and believed that was why my cycle was shorter, she believed once that was fixed I would fall pregnant, not the case yet, but maybe this month. It's been six weeks since I started taking the thyroxine.
    Woohoo, you could well be on your way to a BFP this month. I'm holding my breath for you. Much Love, mwah.

    Kez, if you are reading hun, I am still thinking about you. All my love darling, mwah.

    Hope you all have an amazing weekend. Love always.
    Sarah

  9. #428
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    41
    Reviews
    0
    angelslexiemum, I had a threatened miscarriage, and got through it ok!! hang in there luv
    my dr advised me not to do ANYTHING strenuous or stressful like vacuuming etc, and i immediately took 4 weeks off work to stay home and basically put my feet up. I know it that may be difficult, but try not to get stressed, and dont over do it. best of luck.
    Jen xox

    As for the threatened miscarriage... we're still hanging in there, the doc did a scan yesterday and he saw the sac and it measured the right size for just under 6 weeks. There was no heartbeat visible, but it is still too early for that, so we're holding our breath until next Thursdays scan that all is ok. The old blood has now nearly stopped and the dull period type pain I felt (which is exactly how my labour with Lexie started - and why I immediately thought we were miscarrying) has now stopped. So we are crossing everything that we may hang on to this one. I've read that between 50 - 70% of threatened pregnancies do not end, so we're hoping we are one of those. I'd like to say we've got 7 weeks till we get through the danger period, but after losing Lexie at 37 weeks, I think we've still got 34 weeks until we're out of danger! Anyway, it's looking good at the moment so I am trying to remain positive and will be putting my feet up as I'm off work for the whole week.

    Thanks for all your hugs and support everyone, it really does help. and


    P.S. They said my thyroid levels were a bit out and have retested, but I don't know what they do and how they affect pregnancy - info pls? He said my levels were low, but my body worked extra hard to get them up to the correct level or around my body... can't really remember how he phrased it as it hasn't come up before and I haven't looked into it. Said if they were still out, I'd need to go on medication - is that for life or for pregnancy?[/QUOTE]

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to jackdemps For This Useful Post:

    Letoti  (18-02-2012)

  11. #429
    Hopefulmum2b's Avatar
    Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Parkwood, WA
    Posts
    768
    Thanks
    384
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Feebs04 View Post
    Hopeful - glad to hear your results were all good

    I went back to gynae today to discuss my options, as the IVF didn't work and we can't afford to do more cycles. We discussed Clomid. He wants me to have hy-co-sy done before starting me on it next month, which I will do next Thursday. He did say he wasn't very hopeful that the Clomid would work, being my age, but there was no harm in trying a low dose for 6 months and just see what happens...he said "you could prove me entirely wrong". So glad that he was so open minded about it.

    I'm supposed to be in my fertile window right now and have been POAS but they have come back negative. Just wondering whether it really is because I'm not ovulating each month, or could the IVF I've just done mucked up my cycle....your thoughts??
    Thanks Hun. I'm glad that they came back good too. Was having a freak out not knowing what the results were.

    I'm just wondering if the drugs used for IVF have muddled your cycle? Have you asked the Dr about that?


    Quote Originally Posted by Tamagotchi View Post
    HopefulMum2b - keep up the great work, its good to hear you sounding so positive.
    Well here's to some to spread around the room.

    Tam
    Thanks Hun. I'm getting there slowly. Was getting many compliments from my family when I saw them saturday night seeing as I haven't seen them in months, so I was very happy and proud of myself.

    I have a infertility book if you want it. I don't need it anymore, so if you're interested, just PM and let me know.

    Quote Originally Posted by wunsi View Post
    Hi ladies,

    I'm on holidays at the moment and feeling very relaxed. AF showed two days ago, but quite calm about the whole thing. We have a plan. FS going to do lap and hycosy when we get back to get a better picture of what's going on. Also having full blood work up including amh which I'm nervous about, but it will all help in understanding our difficulties. FS thinks there may well be some endo going on which I never had even thought of until my chinese med doc suggested so.

    FS is fantastic, both DH and I really felt at ease and could ask all the questions we wanted and were definately not rushed. In a very calm place at the moment. Night before op will be a basket case but for now calm is great.

    Sorry for no personals, hard from phone. I am checking in every now and then til I'm back. Good luck all.
    How did you go with your HyCoSy, Hun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Mummy View Post
    Hey sugar, My AF is back in control thanks hun. I think maybe I was having a purge as I had my chakras balanced on CD24. She said that my uterus was almost ready so I have taken that as a good sign and the massive flow was cleansing, lol. I got the day off work too so that was good, .
    I'm so glad your test results came back all clear. The weightloss can only be a good thing and it blows my mind that one IVF clinic can turn you down for having a high BMI but another will do it regardless. That poor woman is in for a long hard pregancy if she is that big already. Stay positive sweetie, it will happen. Mwah.

    So glad that everything is back in control Babe.


    I'm glad too. Didn't get any sleep that whole week waiting for those results though. I'm really happy with my weight loss right now too, but yeah it's pretty crappy with FS turning me down because of my BMI and yet someone bigger than me can get the green light. I guess that's the down side of living in WA. And I totally agree. That's one of the main reasons I decided to turn a new leaf, lose the weight, get fitter and healthier then got do IVF. I don't want to lose a 4th bubba because of my weight/health. If i'm going to do it, i'm going to do it the right way and get that baby that DH and I have been wanting for years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nellie01 View Post
    On me..., I start morning testing of my hormone levels tomorrow to see if I can track when I am ovulating. To those that are concerned about me possibly getting obsessive about pregnancy testing...well last month I admit I was a bit psycho, my body was just screaming to be pregnant, my moods were all over the shop...but I seem to have settled down a bit now thank goodness! Didn't help that last month was the anniversary of my Dad's death and also that was when I originally went off the pill (a year ago). Weird as it might seem to some, I was kinda hoping Dad's spirit might want to come back to me. I guess some remaining grief was mixed in with those hormones. Also it was the first month I was able to TTC since late October when I lost first pregnancy, due to a chicken pox vaccine that I had to wait for to clear my system.
    I feel now without the irrational feelings (that could kick in again if my hormones go nuts again), that I am ready to face many months without falling pregnant (it took 9 months before) and I will be able to be live with it if it doesn't happen at all. But still I am very open and happy to the possibility, so I will definitely keep trying.
    I am currently on a diet and have lost 11kg, I hope to lose another 10kg, so if I did get pregnant now that would kinda put a spanner in those works but that would be okay with me!
    Life has been pretty tough the last few years (part of the reason I put on 20kg excess!), so if I am a bit over-emotional at times, please bear with me. Things seem finally to be in a positive direction though, so I am going to try and relax and believe in good things.
    One last for AngelLexiesMum now as I sign off.
    Sending lots of your way Sweetie and always know that we are here for you.
    Good for you for losing 11kgs! Keep up the great work.


    Quote Originally Posted by Feebs04 View Post
    Well I went and had hycosy done this afternoon. Wasn't as bad as I thought. Dr said I was one of the calmest patients he has had having the procedure done, a lot of women pass out or scream or something, which I didn't do!! lol Found out that my right tube is good, but the left one is blocked I start on low dose of Clomid next cycle, if no good after a couple of cycles he will up the dose and see how I go.
    I was in so much pain during my HyCoSy. My cervix wouldn't allow the tube to go in so they had to clamp it open! I was in excruciating pain when they did that. Then to be told that both of my tubes are blocked was devastating and heartbreaking. But i'm glad that you still have one viable tube working. Plus with Clomid, you could be in for a BFP pretty soon I think.

    AngelLexiesMum: How you going my Sweet? I hope the bleeding has stopped. Have everything crossed for you.

    AFM: Had a massive bleed out 2 fridays ago. So bad in fact that it went though a maxi pad, into my underwear and though my shorts and contained 2 big blot clots (sorry TMI). Last time I bled that bad, I was MCing. DH was on site, so I was hysterical and in tears ringing him up to tell him. Thank goodness it had stopped saturday and now everything is back to normal. I just hope that because of my weight loss, it's my bodies way of telling me that it's just having a really good clean out. Will soon find out when AF gets here next week.

    Another slap to the face was when a friend of mine rang me wednesday to say that she got a BFP that morning. She had only been TTC for a month! So with every other BFP/PG that i've been told, I haven't been taking it too well. Haven't had a decent nights sleep in about 3 days and I feel so tired and run down. I am happy for her, but it still hurts when you've been TTC for years and you have nothing but devastation and heartache to show for it. It was nice of her to ring and tell me personally instead of me finding out on FB though. But still, it does sting.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopefulmum2b For This Useful Post:

    Nellie01  (20-02-2012)

  13. #430
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,124
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked
    553
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks welsh mummy for thinking of me.

    Just wanted to ask everyone in this thread if it's alright for me to post here. I know it's for first time mums over 35, which I was when I joined, but since having ds in jan last year, we're trying quickly for our second, but no luck yet. Have been trying since af came back in October.

    Anyhow let me know what you think.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Another name thread - help pls with boy name
    By Buttoneska in forum Choosing Baby Names
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-05-2012, 09:24
  2. Another name thread
    By Buttoneska in forum Choosing Baby Names
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 19:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Heinz Baby Basics
Our BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our brilliant colours, inspired designs and innovative features. Heinz Baby Basics caters for your baby’s needs!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!