+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nellie - damn AF for showing her face!!

Tamagotchi - how are you going with the Clomid?? Good luck for your scan later this week.

Wunsi - how did your appointment with the FS go?? I hope all good news

Welsh Mummy - I'm glad you and hubby had a lovely day celebrating Andie's birthday. The book you're reading sounds as if it's really put you in a better place...so much so for other's to notice that something was "different" about you

AngelLexie's mum - how are you?? hope everything is going well for your new bubs on board

Jen - you're so right about the FS....I feel really disappointed by their couldn't care less attitude and the fact that they haven't been in touch...very impersonal!!!

Hopeful - when do you find out the results of your tests? I hope you get some answers soon. I know when I had fibroids that AF was uber heavy and not as regular and it would also come early, sometimes by 3 days!!! I had 3 removed in March 2010 and I can tell you AF is nowhere near as bad as before surgery and it's made a huge difference to my wellbeing!!! I can't understand how an FS can say he won't treat you because of your weight....how rude!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Feebs04 For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (10-02-2012)

Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmum2b View Post

What you did for Andie's birthday sounds beautiful. I'm sure she is looking down upon you and loving what you have done for her.

Thanks hun,
    I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for what is happening with your cycle at the moment. Maybe it is just a big clear out ready for your little bub to implant during your next attempt. I will be holding your hand through cyber space when you get your results today sweetie. I hope the news is all good. Mwah.

Quote Originally Posted by Feebs04 View Post
    Welsh Mummy - I'm glad you and hubby had a lovely day celebrating Andie's birthday. The book you're reading sounds as if it's really put you in a better place...so much so for other's to notice that something was "different" about you
    It truly is an amazing book hun. I have also just bought The Infertility Handbook (an amazing buy at Dymocks - only $9.99 not the usual $35). This book is so full of information it is amazing. To be totally honest with you I am still very much in the dark about what you need to do to get UTD I always thought that you could lay back and it would happen, lol. Also because of my DH's problem getting pregnant was the furthest from my mind - we didn't ever think it would be a possibility and were very amazed when it did. I didn't realise there were so many things I didn't know. OMG I seriously need to be educated and this book will be my educator. A must read for anyone in our situation - there are so many tests we haven't had!!!

AFM - AF arrived not quite her usual prompt self but here none the less and boy is she making herself known this month. Soz TMI - I leaked through a tampon just as I was leaving for work so went for an industrial size pad after another shower and change of clothes. Got to work and as I was getting out of the car - woosh I was flooded again . Luckily for me they were able to get a relief teacher so I could come home again. Naughty AF!!!

Hope you are all well. Big hugs as usual.
    Sarah

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Welsh Mummy For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Mummy View Post
    No not in Special School but have worked there - don't worry your secret is very safe with me. I am a very private person and only share things on here. I hope you get permanency it makes things so much easier but still means you may get shifted on Day 8. That happened to me last year, I got 2 schools, this year my base school have the kids to have me back but have to wait until the person in HR comes off sick leave next week. As for the National Curriculum, we have decided to go back to what we have been doing as my kids don't even know numbers 100, days of the week, months of the year etc so why teach them persuasive writing????? Good luck with Day 8 sweetie.
    Thanks Sarah... Day 8 numbers were good - well, we made it by 1.6 kids, so I got to keep my job, lol. As another teacher is on a science consultant position until June/July hols, I have only been given a contract till then, but that is when I was planning on stopping work anyway, so it is perfect. As we'll be classified high risk, I didn't want to have so many days out of class it became a problem for the kids... think it will do me out of paid parenting leave though, so will look into it a little more.
    Sorry to hear AF was such a nasty biatch this month!!
    Wunsi, thanks for your thoughts, its nice to hear.
    Feebs, we're going well so far, but I'm just so nervous!!! Preg test at the docs had me crapping myself, thinking it all may have gone wrong already and the doc and nurse both told me I need to try and relax.... easier said than done!
    Anyway, won't go on too much about it here as I know most of you are still doing the hard yards. Good luck all, still hoping for BFP's for all of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feebs - well it went as I expected.... I said to the nurse right before she did the US that I was expecting my 'potential' to be too high and she said to me 'you girls are worry warts' (she was very nice I have to say) but as usual when I am calmly predictive I am always proved right... So wish I wasn't.
    The nurse had a talk about my options for the month, I got teary and then spoke to one of the receptionists about IVF. looks like that is where DH & I are headed. So now I need to get my head around that and it sure as sh** isn't easy. Well we can't afford it just yet so maybe in a few months, who knows.
    Well I'm off to have a good old cry and sort things out in my head.

I do hope everyone else is having a better time of it. My thoughts with you all.

Tam

Hopefulmum2b is offline Proud Mama Bear to a gorgeous little girl!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hopeful - when do you find out the results of your tests? I hope you get some answers soon. I know when I had fibroids that AF was uber heavy and not as regular and it would also come early, sometimes by 3 days!!! I had 3 removed in March 2010 and I can tell you AF is nowhere near as bad as before surgery and it's made a huge difference to my wellbeing!!! I can't understand how an FS can say he won't treat you because of your weight....how rude!!!!
    I found out my results yesterday and i'm glad to report that everything has come back clear. She thinks that the bleeding after sex is due to a sensitive cervix and hormones because of my weight loss. But she did say that if it does happen again, to come back and have another US. I'm just so relieved that everything is okay and not too serious. Haven't had a decent nights sleep since last friday so I am very much looking forward to the weekend and having a much deserved sleep in.

I had a polyp removed in April '09 which was a big 17mm! I only have the one fibroid which is 9mm and both Dr's say that it won't affect me fertility so I don't have to have it removed. I have never had any problems with heavy AF or irregular cycles before so having AF come 2 days before she was due kind of me out a bit. So it's the first time in about 3-4 years that i've had a 25 day cycle. Most of mine are 27 on the dot. And again, that's all because of my weight loss and hormones trying to readjust.

I know it kind of sucks be rejected like that from a FS because of my weight/BMI, but unfortunately that's the rules over here. I know of a woman who is going to start IVF in the next couple of months and her BMI is about 41/42. I was devastated when it happened, but that has given me the strength and courage to loose the weight, get fit and healthy so that I will be at my fittest when we do start IVF in the next couple of months.

For the first time in years, I can actually see our baby at the end of the tunnel and I have never been this happy about it in years. This year could actually be our year finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Mummy View Post
    Thanks hun,
    I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for what is happening with your cycle at the moment. Maybe it is just a big clear out ready for your little bub to implant during your next attempt. I will be holding your hand through cyber space when you get your results today sweetie. I hope the news is all good. Mwah.

AFM - AF arrived not quite her usual prompt self but here none the less and boy is she making herself known this month. Soz TMI - I leaked through a tampon just as I was leaving for work so went for an industrial size pad after another shower and change of clothes. Got to work and as I was getting out of the car - woosh I was flooded again . Luckily for me they were able to get a relief teacher so I could come home again. Naughty AF!!!

Hope you are all well. Big hugs as usual.
    Sarah
    Awwww, thanks Hun. All tests have come back clear! She thinks that the bleeding after sex is due to a sensitive cervix and hormones because of my weight loss. It's my bodies way of trying to readjust it's self. But she did say that if it does happen again, to come back and have another US. I am just so relieved. Poor DH is out on the mine site and has been worried sick about me, so he is so happy that everything is okay. Have been stressing and about the results and haven't had a decent nights sleep since last friday. But i'm glad that it's all over and that I can relax.

How are you going? How's AF treating you today? I hope she's not as bad and has settled down a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - glad to hear your results were all good

Anglelexismum - I don't think the worrying ever stops until that bubs is in your arms. Being pregnant is sooooo stressful!!!

Tamagotchi - it's better to cover all options, even if you have to go the IVF route in the future. I'm sure you'll be OK.

I went back to gynae today to discuss my options, as the IVF didn't work and we can't afford to do more cycles. We discussed Clomid. He wants me to have hy-co-sy done before starting me on it next month, which I will do next Thursday. He did say he wasn't very hopeful that the Clomid would work, being my age, but there was no harm in trying a low dose for 6 months and just see what happens...he said "you could prove me entirely wrong". So glad that he was so open minded about it.

I'm supposed to be in my fertile window right now and have been POAS but they have come back negative. Just wondering whether it really is because I'm not ovulating each month, or could the IVF I've just done mucked up my cycle....your thoughts??

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feebs04 For This Useful Post:

Tamagotchi  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    WelshMummy - Who is the author and publisher of the book? I'd really like to get a copy myself.

AngelLexiesMum- Glad to hear all is still good.

Feebs04 - thanks every kind word helps

HopefulMum2b - keep up the great work, its good to hear you sounding so positive.
    Well here's to some to spread around the room.

Tam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I'm on holidays at the moment and feeling very relaxed. AF showed two days ago, but quite calm about the whole thing. We have a plan. FS going to do lap and hycosy when we get back to get a better picture of what's going on. Also having full blood work up including amh which I'm nervous about, but it will all help in understanding our difficulties. FS thinks there may well be some endo going on which I never had even thought of until my chinese med doc suggested so.

FS is fantastic, both DH and I really felt at ease and could ask all the questions we wanted and were definately not rushed. In a very calm place at the moment. Night before op will be a basket case but for now calm is great.

Sorry for no personals, hard from phone. I am checking in every now and then til I'm back. Good luck all.

Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wunsi View Post
    Hi ladies,

I'm on holidays at the moment and feeling very relaxed. AF showed two days ago, but quite calm about the whole thing. We have a plan. FS going to do lap and hycosy when we get back to get a better picture of what's going on. Also having full blood work up including amh which I'm nervous about, but it will all help in understanding our difficulties. FS thinks there may well be some endo going on which I never had even thought of until my chinese med doc suggested so.

FS is fantastic, both DH and I really felt at ease and could ask all the questions we wanted and were definately not rushed. In a very calm place at the moment. Night before op will be a basket case but for now calm is great.

Sorry for no personals, hard from phone. I am checking in every now and then til I'm back. Good luck all.
    Hi Wunsi, I hope you are enjoying your holidays. They truly are an amazing thing for helping with stress. I am looking into TCM at the moment. I have been reading some stuff about cold uterus syndrome. The lady in the book I am reading had this and it wasn't pick up until they had had numerous failed IVF attempts, the natropath made her feel really great but still no BFP then finally she started TCM. Woohoo for her and her DH, they now have two beautiful children. My next stop I think - I just wish I could get my DH involved. He is having his chakras balanced even if he doesn't know it, lol. My lady is healing him as well when I go for my treatment. Shhhhhh don't tell anyone, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamagotchi View Post
    WelshMummy - Who is the author and publisher of the book? I'd really like to get a copy myself.

Tam
    Hi Tam,
    The book is: The Infertility Handbook, Angela I. Hutchins.
    I have my routine blood results at the doc tomorrow so I am armed with a list of CD3 blood tests that I have never had done. I have had CD14 and CD21 for different things but none to actually check whether I am still capable of having another pregnancy. Also there was a website that has further information about my DH's condition - following that link I then decided to have a search for alternatives to the nasty drug he has to take to ejaculate. OMG a few men have had success taking Sudofed of all things!!!!!!! It also suggests that he take vitamin B12 to help the nerve damage heal. I shall keep you posted on that one,

I went back to gynae today to discuss my options, as the IVF didn't work and we can't afford to do more cycles. We discussed Clomid. He wants me to have hy-co-sy done before starting me on it next month, which I will do next Thursday. He did say he wasn't very hopeful that the Clomid would work, being my age, but there was no harm in trying a low dose for 6 months and just see what happens...he said "you could prove me entirely wrong". So glad that he was so open minded about it.

I'm supposed to be in my fertile window right now and have been POAS but they have come back negative. Just wondering whether it really is because I'm not ovulating each month, or could the IVF I've just done mucked up my cycle....your thoughts??
    Hi Sweetie, Yes your hormones could be all over the place but I have also had negative results on POAS. One of the those times I did actually fall pregnant. I know they are supposed to be acurate but I think using your instincts may be just as helpful. I used POAS last night as my left ovary has been pinching me but was only on CD4 and got a positive so what's that all about???? We did a little dance for good measure as AF has finished already! Have you thought about TCM - read my comment to Wunsi. Good luck hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmum2b View Post

I know it kind of sucks be rejected like that from a FS because of my weight/BMI, but unfortunately that's the rules over here. I know of a woman who is going to start IVF in the next couple of months and her BMI is about 41/42. I was devastated when it happened, but that has given me the strength and courage to loose the weight, get fit and healthy so that I will be at my fittest when we do start IVF in the next couple of months.

For the first time in years, I can actually see our baby at the end of the tunnel and I have never been this happy about it in years. This year could actually be our year finally!

Awwww, thanks Hun. All tests have come back clear! She thinks that the bleeding after sex is due to a sensitive cervix and hormones because of my weight loss. It's my bodies way of trying to readjust it's self. But she did say that if it does happen again, to come back and have another US. I am just so relieved. Poor DH is out on the mine site and has been worried sick about me, so he is so happy that everything is okay. Have been stressing and about the results and haven't had a decent nights sleep since last friday. But i'm glad that it's all over and that I can relax.

How are you going? How's AF treating you today? I hope she's not as bad and has settled down a bit.
    Hey sugar, My AF is back in control thanks hun. I think maybe I was having a purge as I had my chakras balanced on CD24. She said that my uterus was almost ready so I have taken that as a good sign and the massive flow was cleansing, lol. I got the day off work too so that was good, .
    I'm so glad your test results came back all clear. The weightloss can only be a good thing and it blows my mind that one IVF clinic can turn you down for having a high BMI but another will do it regardless. That poor woman is in for a long hard pregancy if she is that big already. Stay positive sweetie, it will happen. Mwah.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelLexiesmum View Post
    Thanks Sarah... Day 8 numbers were good - well, we made it by 1.6 kids, so I got to keep my job, lol. As another teacher is on a science consultant position until June/July hols, I have only been given a contract till then, but that is when I was planning on stopping work anyway, so it is perfect. As we'll be classified high risk, I didn't want to have so many days out of class it became a problem for the kids... think it will do me out of paid parenting leave though, so will look into it a little more.
    Sorry to hear AF was such a nasty biatch this month!!
    Wunsi, thanks for your thoughts, its nice to hear.
    Feebs, we're going well so far, but I'm just so nervous!!! Preg test at the docs had me crapping myself, thinking it all may have gone wrong already and the doc and nurse both told me I need to try and relax.... easier said than done!
    Anyway, won't go on too much about it here as I know most of you are still doing the hard yards. Good luck all, still hoping for BFP's for all of you!
    Hey Angel, I'm glad you got your contract. Just flick an email off to the QTU about maternity leave etc. It sounds as though you have been doing contracts for a while so should possibly be ready to convert to permanent, I'm the QTU Rep at my school so have a little bit of an idea of what is going on, lol. Don't ask your rep at school, it is often easier to do it yourself unless being looked after by me, . I take my position very seriously. If you are not sure who to contact flick me an email to school and I will find out for you. My school email is sspru2@eq.edu.au Let me know how you get on hun. Mwah.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welsh Mummy For This Useful Post:

Hopefulmum2b  (20-02-2012),Tamagotchi  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks WelshMummy, I will just keep fingers crossed that those two lines come up when I POAS

I haven't heard about TCM....what is it exactly?? I know that they suggest you do accupuncture when TTC to "warm" the uterus, is that what you mean??