+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    have been keeping quiet as i await my next AF so I can start cycle number 9 into my third year! Trying to be positive too.
    Sarah, you don't need the extra stress from that so and so at work. Don't let her stupid comments get to you, with idiots i work around I just tune out (like a male would do) and say never mind.. it helps me to stop wasting my energy on them.
    As i approach my 42nd bday it is getting to the big question how much longer will keep trying. but at the moment I will remain positive for the next cycle, and not think about that yet.
    I found out last month my school friend who is 42 next month just had her 1st baby (a girl) so there is hope, also Stuart Divers wife (43) had a baby against the odds.
    hi to mrs hnf, and pommie, kez, anemone, hope evryone is doing well.
    luv you all, Jen xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I've been lying low lately, not only because of problems with my DP re the whole SA business, but it would have been my due date on 3 February and I've been thinking about that lots and feeling very sorry for myself.

Glad to hear you gals were safe from the floods.

Anemone - glad to hear your lump turned out to be OK

Jackdemps - I know how you feel. I'm approaching 43 and am thinking the same thing....do I really keep going with all of this???

Kezia - your road trip sounds like it was loads of fun and just the thing to keep your mind off the whole TTCing business

Welshmummy - my god I don't know how you work in that environment....glad you put that B@!#$ in her place!!!

I've had to put off seeing the FS AGAIN, as not only is DP still not being cooperative about doing the SA my cycles are out of whack again and every time I organise to do the progesterone test, AF rears her ugly head too early and everything is thrown out the window!! last cycle was only 18 days!!!!!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend girls

Fee

Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdemps View Post
    Hi ladies,
    have been keeping quiet as i await my next AF so I can start cycle number 9 into my third year! Trying to be positive too.
    Sarah, you don't need the extra stress from that so and so at work. Don't let her stupid comments get to you, with idiots i work around I just tune out (like a male would do) and say never mind.. it helps me to stop wasting my energy on them.
    As i approach my 42nd bday it is getting to the big question how much longer will keep trying. but at the moment I will remain positive for the next cycle, and not think about that yet.
    I found out last month my school friend who is 42 next month just had her 1st baby (a girl) so there is hope, also Stuart Divers wife (43) had a baby against the odds.
    hi to mrs hnf, and pommie, kez, anemone, hope evryone is doing well.
    luv you all, Jen xoxoxo
    Hi Jen,
    When I hear positivity like yours, it keeps me going. Thanks hun and good luck with this cycle. Mwah

Quote Originally Posted by Feebs04 View Post
    Hi girls, I've been lying low lately, not only because of problems with my DP re the whole SA business, but it would have been my due date on 3 February and I've been thinking about that lots and feeling very sorry for myself.

Welshmummy - my god I don't know how you work in that environment....glad you put that B@!#$ in her place!!!

I've had to put off seeing the FS AGAIN, as not only is DP still not being cooperative about doing the SA my cycles are out of whack again and every time I organise to do the progesterone test, AF rears her ugly head too early and everything is thrown out the window!! last cycle was only 18 days!!!!!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend girls

Fee
    Hi Feebs, Sorry to hear you DH is being uncooperative. Men are b*****s, hey?
    I hope you got through your due date without too much stress - anniversaries are awful. They do get easier once you have done them all. Weirdly Andie's due date was a lot harder to deal with than her birthday. Maybe it was because her due date was so soon after losing her, I don't know.... but they do get easier to deal with hun.

Hey everyone else, hope you are all travelling well.

AFM - I wrote a 3 page letter to HR reporting that cow I work for, lol. I felt so much better for doing it but haven't seen her yet as Friday is her day off. The principal called me in for a chat - he said he wasn't aware of what she had been doing and he was really sorry that she hadn't been dealing with the situation more sensitively. He fully understood and supports my decision for withdrawing my expression of interest for a transfer form. It will now go through the proper process where everyone gets looked at. Yeah no more stress for me.

My DH has finally agreed to do the SA, in his own time mind but he is going to do it. At least we will know one way or the other.

Anyway that is all from me, sitting in a stinking hot house again, please send me some rain!!!!!

Love and hugs
    Sarah

keziah is offline I am thankful to the Universe for this lesson of patience and know that our child is on its way....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey gorgy gals....time to drop in and catch up wid all ze goss.

Jen - oh I will be finkin of you for this new cycle and hoping it is lucky No 9 (which has always been a favourite no of mine)... I understand the whole wanting to give up....I am 43 this yr and just can't seem to knuckle down and get serious again about things but I have just finished AF so time to jump in that saddle and go for it....what have we got to lose??? - our sanity perhaps lol lol. If you saw my last post I was very much in a detached state but each wk my hope is growing again..... xmwahx

Sarah - I agree, when you hear the hopeful stories of later age women falling preggers it does turn your neg thoughts into ones of hope again. Did you watch ACA with the Chinese Med guy who has helped thousands....I might look up his details on their site. Glad to hear DH is going to get SA and as for the other situation I will have to read back coz I am not sure who upset you but they better not cross me.....grrrrrr wont be having my BubHub pals upset.... Hope your house is all cool again.

Feebs - Wot is going on in that man's head? I am so very sorry if I sound short but my tolerance goes out the window when I hear this over and over from so many women who are putting themselves out there, doing every invasive test and procedure and getting poked n prodded like a chicken in the oven n their partners get all weird about a blimmin SA, it's like OK, I get the whole ego/pride thing but let's just remove that in this situation. This situation is about the two of you desperately wanting a baby right, so if it is not happening naturally or there are m/c's etc then tests NEED to be performed. I would chew my DH and spit him out if he didn't come on board. Of course I would try the kinder approach first but failing that I would be like "build a bridge mate - this is about our goal, not your flippin swimmers and how strong they are!!"....Not aiming this at your partner directly Feebs but just in general this one really irks me....I hope you can resolve things quickly and get those important tests done to see where you're at. If you need to vent I/we are hear for you (or maybe I just vented on your behalf lol haha)....

Oh and re your due date Feebs, sending massive cyber hugs and lotsa love n light. These anniversaries and dates and reminders just suck eh....thinking of you xmwahx

I am just gonna post this before I lose all my words and have to start again....will continue tho....

Anemone - how are you gorgy, how is bubs doing? Gosh you must be flying along with the dates now..... How is the new car going and have you required BP meds for all the crazy Sydney drivers....yup they're out there huh....crazy aggressive sometimes......that was what I found so refreshing on our road trip...drivers let you in a park and even smiled at you....not to mention the shop attendants....I went through Target the other day in Sydney and the girl didn't even look up to acknowledge me before she put my goodies thru...What other news do you have for me....I am trying to read back but I am so far behind now hahaha xmwahx ps...fanks for your lovely supportive words too...

again to Sarah - wot kind of a freakaloid do you work with?!?!!!....is she even human....grrrrr I am ready to put on my boxing gloves and come on over to your work hahahaha.....good on you for standing up for yourself. I am also sorry AF arrived and hope you are OK. I know the whole, enuff is enuff, is enuff and if you need a cooling off period go right ahead....Xmas and New Yr and this yr so far has saved my sanity. Yes maybe I have lost precious eggs for not putting in any effort but I am SANE and ENJOYING life again....that is so precious....I feel like I am getting closer to wanting to really try again and maybe do another IVF round when we raise the mula.... Thinkin of ya babe, big hugs, particularly re precious Andie xmwahx

Pommiemum - how are you gorgy gal? How is precious bublette going and how does it feel sitting past the halfway mark....Oooooohhhh I can't wait till we hear that there is a little Anemone and a little Pommie....hehehe

Mrs HNF - how are ya hun....so sorry about the situation with your nephews....that is a very difficult position. How does DH feel about things? Apart from that situation how are you and what have you been up to babes? So sorry AF arrived.... I used to get 35+ days but since all that Acu last yr I have been like clockwork every 28 xxxx

Well I survived a babyshower last weekend....it was a big one with sooooooo many preggy, mums with bubs, you know the drill....well I grinned and smiled and cooed over all the pressies (which took over an hr to be opened)....My preggy friend, god bless her, stood next to me whilst she opened all the presents and I grinned politely and acknowledged each new outfit/dummy/toy/breast pump/blankeys/booties/nappies/etc etc etc....I felt so plastic....I was so happy for my friend but it was KILLING me inside and I wanted to scream, stand up, smash all the perfect bone china with all the perfect pink cupcakes and do a runner with woteva champas I could grab on my way out hahahaha....haven't had those feelings come up for a while....or maybe never had those feelings.....all jokes aside, it was painful...

Wow, soz if you are all going cross-eyed....what a post (my punishment for not keeping up with you lovely ladies)..... I am doing a six-wk no booze stint...and I am LOVING IT....2wks today and feeling lighter and happier....might continue past the 6wks if I can....

Well I best return back to DH who is busily installing a fan ceiling (never had one before and this one has a sexy chrome finish).....He also painted the ceiling in the bedroom so we are finally putting some love back into this tired ol' home we were going to knock down (but everything fell thru) and turn it into a dear little cottage....

Love you all girls xmwahx if I have missed anyone please forgive me....brain ache, finger ache hahahaha
    Last edited by keziah; 13-02-2011 at 20:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Keziah - god yes, the sydney traffic and trying to navigate is still doing my head in. Thought the GPS would help, but it doesnt when it sends you in the wrong direction! Still, crossed the bridge and tunnel today which was a big mental hurdle!

I feel for you with the baby shower, they are the hardest things to go to when TTC - I went to one and then politely declined any others that werent really close friends. Just too painful...But it sounds like it was cathartic to get those feelings out & acknowledged. A bit of china smashing could be quite therapeutic, methinks!

But it sounds like the break has got you in a good head space - very healthy - here's to round 2 of IVF - hopefully this will be the one!

And good onya for 2 weeks no booze!! Im sure it feels healthier and good to know that you're preparing your body for bubs.

Sarah - thats good that you stood your ground and reported the woman from work. And that you have received a sympathetic response. I hope you get yr transfer soon and are out of there cos it really doesnt sound like a healthy work envt.
    Great that you will have the semen analysis, as you say, its just more info to go on.

Mrs HNF - so sorry to hear about that situation with your family. Any chance they might come round? Its hard to know what happens when we have a long cycle, a chemical or late O - our bodies sure like to keep us guessing. My problem was always short cycles...

Jen - those are really inspirational stories, and there are a lot out there. Sending you heaps of for this cycle.

Feebs - that is so frustrating! Sometimes it really does feel like the universe is conspiring against us. Im hoping that O arrives on time so you can get the test done.

Hi Pommie - glad to hear all's going well. If you're anything like me you cant wait for some cooler weather though!

to everyone Ive missed and thinking of you all.
    Last edited by anemone; 17-02-2011 at 12:32. Reason: info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all lovely ladies,
    I have been quiet, whilst waiting af, (having a little escape from ttc) well got them, and started my icsi cycle today, oh gotta love this crazy roundabout!! needles, drugs and with step-son here hiding while I inject myself.Shouldn't be a prob as he doesn't get out of bed til' after noon.
    big smiles for the little Anemone and Pommies due this year! my cousin just had a baby girl on valentines day, a whopping 9lbs!! went and had a cuddle, shes very cute!
    Kez, good on you for going on the wagon, I havent really had a drink since last august, once for hubbys bday, and nye, and sleeping better and have lost the "fog"
    I do remember there was a point when I was drinking about 2 bottles of wine a day (2008-09), and it was hard to give up, but also been off smokes since last november.I wasn't going to let the depression get to me.A quick look into the main bar of any bowling club or RSL, look at the locals and that will put anyone off the grog!
    Kez, I am glad and very hopeful for you trying again. I know about having dark days, but my 2011 motto is toughen up so I am sending you my positive vibes .....can you feel them.
    Anemone and Pommie, how have you been preggy goddesses? I am very excited for you both!
    Feebs, stay strong I hope he has come around.
    Sarah, did you find out about the dhea? great about the SA so one more thing off the checklist.
    I hope your work is going a bit more smoothly, and that woman has pulled her head in. have you gone to the new school yet?
    well my new kitchen is going in in 10 days yay!!
    and thats all for me so will keep checking in
    I hope everyone is well, and be strong xoxoxox
    Jen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by keziah View Post
    Sarah - I agree, when you hear the hopeful stories of later age women falling preggers it does turn your neg thoughts into ones of hope again. Did you watch ACA with the Chinese Med guy who has helped thousands....I might look up his details on their site. Glad to hear DH is going to get SA and as for the other situation I will have to read back coz I am not sure who upset you but they better not cross me.....grrrrrr wont be having my BubHub pals upset.... Hope your house is all cool again.

again to Sarah - wot kind of a freakaloid do you work with?!?!!!....is she even human....grrrrr I am ready to put on my boxing gloves and come on over to your work hahahaha.....good on you for standing up for yourself. I am also sorry AF arrived and hope you are OK. I know the whole, enuff is enuff, is enuff and if you need a cooling off period go right ahead....Xmas and New Yr and this yr so far has saved my sanity. Yes maybe I have lost precious eggs for not putting in any effort but I am SANE and ENJOYING life again....that is so precious....I feel like I am getting closer to wanting to really try again and maybe do another IVF round when we raise the mula.... Thinkin of ya babe, big hugs, particularly re precious Andie xmwahx

Well I best return back to DH who is busily installing a fan ceiling (never had one before and this one has a sexy chrome finish).....He also painted the ceiling in the bedroom so we are finally putting some love back into this tired ol' home we were going to knock down (but everything fell thru) and turn it into a dear little cottage....
    Hiya lovely girl, long time no hear! I'm not so angry anymore, I think everything going on at work and Andie's birthday just got to me. We are back on the horse so to speak. Good on you for giving up the grog. I had a few bottles of wine and jugs of beer over Chrimbo but apart from that I am pretty much tea total now. The last big blow out was in June 2009, shortly after that I found out I was preggers for the first time but prior to that I pretty much gave up drink before emigrating as we were saving like mad. I had a choice booze or ciggies. At the time I went for the ciggies.
    You will love you ceiling fan, I got Andrew to change all our old rusty white ones last year to sexy chrome, they look so hot, lol. Been a blessing in this heat too, go to bed with it on full pelt every night. Putting some love back into your cute cottage may just help a bit of baby sparkle come your way too, you just never know. Much love to you. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by anemone View Post
    Sarah - thats good that you stood your ground and reported the woman from work. And that you have received a sympathetic response. I hope you get yr transfer soon and are out of there cos it really doesnt sound like a healthy work envt.
    Great that you will have the semen analysis, as you say, its just more info to go on.
    Hello anemone - got myself 2 days at another school just down the road. HR were very sympathetic when I said I need to stay close to the hospy in case we got UTD again. The new school is about a 2 minute drive away and with my old school, I just have to cross the oval and the road to get there. I'm glad that I still have 3 days at my old school as I do generally love it there, the cow that has been giving me a hard time only works 2 of the days I will be there, woohoo to that.
    Hope you and ickle bub are doing well, lovely lady. xxxx

I do remember there was a point when I was drinking about 2 bottles of wine a day (2008-09), and it was hard to give up, but also been off smokes since last november.I wasn't going to let the depression get to me.A quick look into the main bar of any bowling club or RSL, look at the locals and that will put anyone off the grog!

Sarah, did you find out about the dhea? great about the SA so one more thing off the checklist.
    I hope your work is going a bit more smoothly, and that woman has pulled her head in. have you gone to the new school yet?
    well my new kitchen is going in in 10 days yay!!
    and thats all for me so will keep checking in
    I hope everyone is well, and be strong xoxoxox
    Jen.
    Huge woohoo's to you for knocking the cigs on the head. I stopped (as I didn't give up anything - Allen Carr, lol) smoking in July 2009 when I got first positive blood test. Amazingly I haven't been tempted since even though I miscarried then lost Andie - I managed to get through the lot without my "crutch". Keep it up lovely, even now I am amazed by how good I feel.
    Just like I said to Kez, something new in your house may just be enough to bring some baby sparkle to you. Fingers crossed. xxx

AFM - Before I got preggers I never noticed anything that was going on with my body, now I seem to notice every twinge. Does anyone else feel their ovaries throughout their cycle? CD8 yesterday and I was in agony with sharp pains in my left ovary. Does this sound normal??????? Today my right ovary has joined the party but not as much as the left and without the sharp pains - this one is just twinging. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!!!!

Love and hugs to you all.

Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's Sunday ladies...but I'm at work since 7am. Sorry I was too caught up with work and running around looking for things to bring for my nephs and nieces. Can't wait to see them. Ladies, so sorry I have to go. I'll be back later for personals....xoxoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies again,
    Sarah its funny you say that, about your ovaries, I get the occasional twinge in the left side only! Its strange maybe we are more in tune with our bodies esp that part of our body.
    it shows just how strong you are going through your tragedies without turning to the smokes and alcohol.It is tempting...I know.
    hope everyone is well, and staying cool in this dreaded humidity.
    Jen xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies again,
    Sarah its funny you say that, about your ovaries, I get the occasional twinge in the left side only! Its strange maybe we are more in tune with our bodies esp that part of our body.
    it shows just how strong you are going through your tragedies without turning to the smokes and alcohol.It is tempting...I know.
    hope everyone is well, and staying cool in this dreaded humidity.
    Jen xo
    Hahahahahahahaha, I feel like hitting the grog today!!!! I lost the first necklace that Andrew ever bought me, in fact it was the first piece of jewellery he ever bought me, I am so cross with myself as it was also engraved with Andie Meredith 29.01.10
    REMINDER TO SELF - NEVER, EVER WEAR JEWELLERY TO THE BEACH AGAIN!!!!! Have been very proactive and reported it to the police for insurance purposes and already placed and ad in the local rag. Please keep your fingers crossed for it to be returned.

Love and hugs
    Sarah