+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    back from an amazing trip to fiji! What a place, we had never been before and will def be going back. Beautiful people and islands and great to get my mind off things.

Since we got back I went to a FS for the first time and freaking out ever since. He looked at my FSH level done by my obstetrician and he said it was more like what it should be if I was 40...I am 36 so was surprised. The FSH was 16. Do you guys know much about this, I read that the levels are supposed to be taken day 3 but when I looked back at my diary my test was done on day 7, I wonder if this makes any difference, will ask him next time. He did say the levels dont tend to change much in repeat tests and combined with my DH's slightly reduced motility we have about a 3 or 4% chance of conceiving each month. Freak out! He did blood tests for AMH and other stuff and I have to have a scan to check for blocked tubes on Tuesday next week. I am so disappointed, it's hard to get my mind off it again

I suppose I am lucky to have gone to have made the appt to see him sooner rather than later although I feel more stressed than ever.

sorry to pop in to just offload!

hope you are all super xp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Hi Nelly don't worry too much about the stats, at my age 42, the stats for ivf were less than 5% but i got a bfp on my last cycle!
    You have to be as positive as you can and even with the low motility that can be worked around if they do icsi on your eggs. Thats when they inject the sperm directly into the egg.I don't know much about the fsh that occur naturally but with a cycle they give you fsh drugs to stimulate your follies anyway. I found this http://www.fertilitycommunity.com/fe...sh-levels.html
    I love fiji and once you go there you fall in love with the people and the whole place I especially love the islands, and if I go back we will spend our entire time on an island.
    afm the apt went well even though I ended up a blubbering mess in the obs office, everything is ok!!
    pommie and everyone thanks for you thoughts and love you all
    Jen xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Jen. You certainly help me try and stay positive especially given you have a beautiful bub on the way, it's really inspirational

I totally agree about the islands in Fiji. We stayed at Treasure Island for half of it and the Intercontinental on the main island the other half. The snorkelling and beaches on treasure were awesome, and just a completely different environment. The Intercontinental still had a nice beach but you dont get that secluded feeling like the small islands do you. However, the intercont. was soooo luxurious so it was great to have the 2 different places

next time I think we will try Castaways as I heard great things about it

so glad to hear you are going so well and speak soon!
    xoxoxo

Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdemps View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    Kez, that is very disappointing, I understand how eager one can be after ec for a transfer, but is is best that you have it done when your body is ready, so you can have the best chance at a positive outcome which I will be praying for. My mantra lately has been one step at a time. That's all we can do take it all day by day.
    Sarah, I really hope you get some good news soon too, you are on the right track with the chem free, and it sounds like it is having a really good effect on you health wise. I personally did not notice much difference, but I am not completely chem free, I did use hairspray, and normal dish washing and laundry liquids.
    Hi ya pommie, hows Ben, I hope he is doing well, and would love to see your pics too on fb. how long until you come back to oz? In time for summer would be good, gotta love aussie beaches!!
    Afm I have put on 4-5 kgs, cant stop eating, but mainly because I have had the whole of september off work, and my little walks and gym trips were halted due to my dr's recommendation after the threatened mc. I am going for a scan/my first obgyn appointment tomorrow, and am really nervous, as the last time I went at the 10 week mark, the ob told me there was no heartbeat.
    strong sounds of deja vous are pounding my ears. I know i should be grateful, and positive to be in this position, but still can't help being terrified.
    I will drag out my old friend denial and take it one step at a time LOL!!
    love to all
    Jen xoxo
    Hiya Jen, big hugs to you, dh and your ickle stickie. Denial is always a great friend who has a magical way of keeping things real and building hope. Hang onto that hope gorgy girl I am sure that the gyn appoint will be amazing and there will be a womp, womp, womp sound (soz at my funny description that what iit sounded like to me). I still think of you each day and say a little prayer for your embyie. Much love sweetie.
    Sarah

PS - Ha silly me, I didn't read your next post very well. I am so glad everything is ok. Much love Jen.
    Last edited by Welsh Mummy; 29-09-2011 at 07:03. Reason: Added PS

keziah is offline I am thankful to the Universe for this lesson of patience and know that our child is on its way....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a real quicky - off to glorious Vanuatu in a few hrs so signing off for a few wks ladies....1st proper holiday in 4yrs.....pinch pinch!!! catch ya all on the flip side and Jen hun, can't wait to hear the good news that all is growing beautifully....

Massive xmwahsx Will miss ya all......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Kez, have a wonderful time in vanuatu, I went there last year when I had a break between cycles it was lovely!!
    I hope all you lovely ladies are well, its been quiet in here lately.
    Afm, had scan yesterday, all is going well, it will be 13 weeks on saturday. I actually for the first time could relax a bit last night, so as time goes on it will feel more real.
    take care XX Jen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by keziah View Post
    Just a real quicky - off to glorious Vanuatu in a few hrs so signing off for a few wks ladies....1st proper holiday in 4yrs.....pinch pinch!!! catch ya all on the flip side and Jen hun, can't wait to hear the good news that all is growing beautifully....

Massive xmwahsx Will miss ya all......
    Have a wonderful time gorgy girl. Mwah.

Quote Originally Posted by jackdemps View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    Kez, have a wonderful time in vanuatu, I went there last year when I had a break between cycles it was lovely!!
    I hope all you lovely ladies are well, its been quiet in here lately.
    Afm, had scan yesterday, all is going well, it will be 13 weeks on saturday. I actually for the first time could relax a bit last night, so as time goes on it will feel more real.
    take care XX Jen.
    Hi Jen,
    I have been counting the days down and waiting for the news that you had passed the 12 week mark. I have been in your shoes so know exactly how it feels to walk on egg shells. I am so pleased that everything is going well. Much love to you, your dh and of course your ickle bub growing in your belly. Mwah.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Jen that is so so wonderfully beautiful, super happy to hear all you have to do now is enjoy this amazing time in yout life

Kez you would be off in paradise now but wishing you a perfect time

have a lovely weekend everyone!

we are in party mode here...it's my DS' second b'day this weekend

yay!

xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    All a bit quiet in here so I thought I had better post something before they cut us off, lol.

Hey Zumba, glad you had such a wonderful holiday. Our next biggie is planned for the Chrimbo hols - we are taking the Kombi across the Nullarbor. Woohoo.

Jen, I hope things are great with you sweetie.

Everyone else, I hope you are all well too.
    Big hugs
    Sarah

keziah is offline I am thankful to the Universe for this lesson of patience and know that our child is on its way....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hellooooooooooooo beautiful gals, tis been a while.....been readjusting to the rat race after a glorious trip away in Vanuatu....my my my wot a breathtaking place and the people are the happiest people in the world me finks..... ahhhhhh we swam, we ate, we snorkelled, we snuggled (haha), we slept and loved every day we were there. Made some nice friends too. So here we are a few days away from knowing if our magical break created some magic....lol If not we have the frosties to start using.... What have all you gorgy creatures been up to? Missed you!

ps: Jen - where did that 1st trimester go!!! You INSPIRE me so much - you hung in there and hung in there and you have done it gurrrrrrlllllll. So proud of you xmwahx

pps: Had an awesome island lady massage my tummy (literally picked up my uterus and ovaries and moved them around and there "there - much better"), next few times she massaged my belly it felt soft and yielding, not 'hard and sticky'...anyway, she has her WHOLE village praying to the 'big boss' for us and cooked me fresh herbs n flowers every few days which I had to drink with hubby. It wasn't unpleasant either, just tasted like what I imagine grass would...hehehe She wouldn't take money for the herbal remedy so we are going to buy her a new massage table and post it over. Here's hoping the planets have finally aligned for us. There was certainly a beautiful Jupiter following us around on the islands ))
    Last edited by keziah; 22-10-2011 at 19:51.