+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello girls, I hope you are all well J

Things just got so busy with work (helping Alex) and nothing to report from me baby making wise, so I had stayed away feeling I didn't have much to contribute.

Jen, a huuuuuuge congrats to you my darling….wooohoooo!!!!

Kez, good luck for next week….I have fingers & toes crossed for you that all goes well.

Well my news is I went and saw a FS in Bella Vista earlier this week, after many discussions (and many tears) with Alex about the fact that nothing was happening, and so he agreed we could go and chat to a FS about our options. I was expecting the FS to just look at me and tell me that we were wasting our time, but he seemed quite optimistic as I got preggers twice naturally in my 40s, even though those pregnancies ended in MC. Alex's younger age also helped I think.

I had about 12 vials of blood taken for a mountain of tests including AMH and Alex had only 1 taken. We are both having the chromosome testing done, as FS said he didn't want to go ahead with a round of IVF, if that's what we decide we want to do, without being armed with as much info as possible. Depending on the results, which fingers crossed will be OK, we will start IVF.

I also had an ultrasound done while we were there, and FS found only 2 follies on my right side (which he said is normal for my age) and 5 follies on the left. Not too many but at least there were some there!!!

I cannot tell you all how incredibly happy and relieved I am that Alex has done a complete turnaround and is now on the same page AND is even considering IVF!!!! I think he needed to hear it from the FS….coming from me it just made it look like I was nagging. The FS was brutally honest and Alex took note thank goodness!!!!

Anyhoo, that's my news. As soon as we have all the results, assuming they are all good, it will be go, go, go to hopefully get me pregnant before Christmas!!!!

much love
    Feebs xoxo

keziah is offline I am thankful to the Universe for this lesson of patience and know that our child is on its way....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @ Sarah - Decaf full of no no chemicals - enjoy some gentle herbal teas (organic) with no caffeine... even 1 cup of caffeine a day significantly reduces fertility and the de-caf stuff is pure evil...xmwahx

Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdemps View Post
    hi ladies,
    the scan went well..there is a heartbeat!! thank god!
    Sarah, I have been drinking mostly herbal teas, anything decaf is ze best, camomile, peppermint, green. You can get sick of just drinking teas and water I found a nescafe decaf cappucino which was nice, for a change.As for giving up dairy, you can get some good substitutes like rice milk, steer clear of soy milks!
    and drink lots of filtered water!! there are some not bad dairy free spreads that substitute for butter, I had been getting nuttelex i think its called from woolies.
    Kez, great news on losing 12cm its is very difficult to keep the weight down when on cycle, you are a wonder woman!! thinking of you in your lead up to egg collection, I hope it is most fruitful!! did you find out about the assisted hatching? I think it helped make the difference on my last cycle.
    Hi Steph, Anemone, Pommie, and all the girls hope you are all doing well.
    luv you all
    Jen xoxo
    Jen that is absolutely wonderful, I have had everything crossed for you. I love all the herbal teas and drink them regularly as well as decaf but G said no to decaf as they have been treated with lots of nasties to get rid of caffeine!!!!!! V unhappy about this as I drink about 3 litres of plain unfiltered water a day and just love something that tastes real once in a while. A well, I guess I just have to suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by keziah View Post
    Awesome news....go wittle embie....woo hoo!!! Made my Thurs!!

Blds came in at 609 for my E2 (Estradiol levels) Day 7 of stimulation drugs (sorry non-IVF-ers). Forgot if this is a good level. I just got the message on my phone and u/s tomoz.

Gotta dash...workout and work...will pop back in to chat properly....

xmwahx
    Hey Zumba, I hope everything went well for you sweetie. Much love, mwah, mwah, mwah.

Quote Originally Posted by pommiemum11 View Post
    Sarah fascinated to hear about your chem/dietary changes, do you feel better as well as sleeping better? Hope yr work issues are all behind you. There was a lady in a toilet training thread who is from QLD and was looking for guidance on how her autistic daughter will be supported in the QLD school system, wonder if you could give some valuable insight?

Would love to be Facebook friends in the real world with anyone who would like to be but I must warn I have lots of pics/comments on the boys and will understand if this is painful

My big news is we have booked flights and we fly back to Brisbane on 01/03/12 FOR GOOD!

Love to all, keep up the good news xmwahx
    Woohoo on the flights being booked. About blinking time, lol. I will be your Facebook bud anytime - I don't have any probs with seeing lots of stuff about your boys. It comes with age, most of your friends have kids when you get to my age. I don't have time right now as we are getting ready for a camping trip, but I will fill you in on all my chem free stuff v. soon.
    The lady you mentioned can pm me if she wants - always happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Feebs04 View Post

Things just got so busy with work (helping Alex) and nothing to report from me baby making wise, so I had stayed away feeling I didn't have much to contribute.

Kez, good luck for next week….I have fingers & toes crossed for you that all goes well.

Well my news is I went and saw a FS in Bella Vista earlier this week, after many discussions (and many tears) with Alex about the fact that nothing was happening, and so he agreed we could go and chat to a FS about our options. I was expecting the FS to just look at me and tell me that we were wasting our time, but he seemed quite optimistic as I got preggers twice naturally in my 40s, even though those pregnancies ended in MC. Alex's younger age also helped I think.

I had about 12 vials of blood taken for a mountain of tests including AMH and Alex had only 1 taken. We are both having the chromosome testing done, as FS said he didn't want to go ahead with a round of IVF, if that's what we decide we want to do, without being armed with as much info as possible. Depending on the results, which fingers crossed will be OK, we will start IVF.

I also had an ultrasound done while we were there, and FS found only 2 follies on my right side (which he said is normal for my age) and 5 follies on the left. Not too many but at least there were some there!!!

I cannot tell you all how incredibly happy and relieved I am that Alex has done a complete turnaround and is now on the same page AND is even considering IVF!!!! I think he needed to hear it from the FS….coming from me it just made it look like I was nagging. The FS was brutally honest and Alex took note thank goodness!!!!

Anyhoo, that's my news. As soon as we have all the results, assuming they are all good, it will be go, go, go to hopefully get me pregnant before Christmas!!!!

much love
    Feebs xoxo
    Hey Feebs, welcome back sweetness. I am prying for you and IVF - so glad your DH has had a turn around. Much love.

Anyway better get on, heaps to do. Will catch up with you all soon.
    Much love and very big hugs,
    Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by keziah View Post
    @ Sarah - Decaf full of no no chemicals - enjoy some gentle herbal teas (organic) with no caffeine... even 1 cup of caffeine a day significantly reduces fertility and the de-caf stuff is pure evil...xmwahx
    See it just goes to show this constant learning curve, thank goodness Kez is on the ball! I have been drinking decaf tea completely unawares...also, a couple of weeks ago was sitting at computer eating pineapple and looking up foods can/cannot eat etc, well pineapple was there!! apparently it causes uterine contractions.
    Kez great your estrogen is up, keep those follies warm and plumped for your ec. Not long to go, very exciting!!

great news pommie about coming home, that is fantastic news!!
    Hi feebs, welcome back, I hope all your bloods come back normal and the best for you, also ask your fs about DHEA, it is something that may improve the quality of your eggs, and assisted hatching. Are they going to test your killer antibodies? I had mine tested and they came back high so I have/am on prednisolone to help supress my immune system as it attacks everything.
    Kez, also, is your fs going to give you clexane? it is a blood thinner I have been on it for my last two/ three cycles, it prevents blood clots, and you take it after your egg collection. The nurses told me last time that when I had my mc which was around 7 weeks, it can be due to blood clotting. Anyway food for thought.
    Sarah, off camping again, lucky you! as Kez said the organic tea the best, but boring, but worth the effort.Sometimes all I want is a chocolate thickshake, when before I never even liked dairy!! Its funny what you want when you can't have it!!
    to everyone xoxox
    Jen xoxo

keziah is offline I am thankful to the Universe for this lesson of patience and know that our child is on its way....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Feebs04 View Post

much love
    Feebs xoxo
    Feebs!!! Welcome back hun You are always welcome in here even if you feel you have nothing to contribute but sometimes we have to sneak away and deal with that thing called life )) So thrilled Alex has come onboard - how cool is THAT!! Sometimes it takes a FS or a Dr or someone that is not you to get them to listen. I am loving that I no longer hold the reins. Whenever hubby questions things now I just refer him back to the fact that it's not me advising these big changes hahaha It really has taken a load off... Can't wait to hear you come back in here with your glowing results...xmwahx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey gorgy gal, my pleasure....2nd u/s tomoz - 17 follies with 7 racing to the finish line...hopefully a few more have caught up...who's got bets how many they will harvest? I said 8 and Hubby said 12 (me finks he is being a bit too optimistic buuuuuttttt you never know)...My MIL reckons 10 Any more bets on? hehehe Hey thanx for the hatching reminder, I must ask the clinic tomoz... and thank you for the clexane suggestion. I will read up on that too. I really appreciate your help.. Sadly our m/c's are not because of blood clotting issues but one was Downs and the other one a missed m/c (which we think was probably again, chromosomal)....Yup, I am a healthy gal but my eggs are a healthy 43 yr old gals so I am doing CoQ10 AND Lipoic Acid to bump up my antioxidant levels. I also do the Vit E capsule in the Whole Lemon Drink so I actually didn't do the baby aspirin this time. Gotta book in for Acu too. Went to a Osteo the other day for neuralgia issue in my back (rib woz out) but got a good going over to 'balance' me and he noticed my pelvis was slightly out. It all helps huh.....

I love my herbal teas....specially my Organic Peppermint/Lavender and Rose Petals - Rooibos is lovely too... Have you played around and mixed them up? Chocolate Milkshake - hmmmm wot about a coconut thickshake - yum....with crushed nuts for all those healthy oils for bublette...(but I get your point - I had a blowout today as my beautiful Lebanese neighbour put on a BBQ feast). I have been quite 'windy' tonight to say the least!! But I do not feel guilty at all. I have come so far and made some awesome changes with Hubby and lost 12cm off my frame so smilin from ear to ear....

Been sending sticky prayers to you everyday Jen....xmwahx

@ Sarah - love how you've nicknamed me Zumba hehe Have the bestest in the wholest time away wont cha!!! Can't wait to hear all the news upon your return...xxxmwahxxx
    Last edited by keziah; 11-09-2011 at 22:40.

Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    I'm back... oh I just love getting back to nature at the weekends, it just seems to balance everything out. This time we ended up 1,500 metres above sea level on a rather large hill / mountain near Kilkivan. It was truly amazing, almost like being on top of the world. Our Ollie (kombi) can do what a lot of 4x4's can do - amazing but true. The track we went up had me holding my breath all the way and I walked because I was too chicken to go up in Ollie, lol. I got to eat beautiful food with some really beautiful people. The sunset was amazing to watch from way up there. OMG, they had lamb for tea (I haven't eaten it since I was 7) so I was a good brave teddy and ate my dinner like a good girl. I can't say I loved it but I would eat it again. My dad thinks martians have sucked out my brain and the world is coming to an end. Poor thing had to suffer about 20 or so years of stress when he wanted to cook / eat lamb. I used to have screaming fits and leave the house due to the smell, lol. Can't wait til the next trip.

I have found some amazing fruit tea in Sexie Coffee, it actually contains real fruit pieces and not a tea leaf in sight. Woohoo, have found a replacement for tea.

Hey Zumba, I'm guessing 9 follies for you. All my love and happiness is being sent your way to you, your DH and your follies. I am in a really happy place at the moment so heaps is coming your way. My hips / pelvis was out of line too but my chiro has me back in line. I love my chiro almost as much as my husband, lol.

Hey Jen, I still send lots of my happy thoughts and love your way too. I pray for your ickle embie everyday and ask the angel babies to look after him/her and to give them safe passage into this world once they have finished growing.

A big hi to everyone else, hope you are all keeping well. Much love to you all. Mwah, mwah, mwah.

Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missed your post Pommie!!!!! How are you and yay to you moving back....woo hoo...yes PM me your FB details and I will add you - would LOVE to see piccies of the weans.... I want all the goss!!

16 follies now - 11 above size required, trigger shot tonight and then Egg Collection on Wed - never been readier - WOO HOO!! ))
    Last edited by keziah; 12-09-2011 at 23:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    thanks all so much for your continued support and thoughts they mean the world to me xx
    Sarah, your getaway sounded totally sublime, even eating the lamb! as I love it, although I do get the guilts about eating it. I hope you got some much needed rest.
    Kez, best of luck for today!! I hope you get lots of mature eggs and get many blasts!!! that they are all perfect too!! Look after yourself in the lead up to transfer too. I have heard epsom salt baths before transfer can help relaxation, but NO BATHS after transfer.I had a couple of salt baths very relaxing and a little indulgent.
    take care girls
    luv Jen xxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey gal, I attempted 3 long msgs last wk to you all and I lost the message 3 times so I gave up grrrrrrrrrr How are all you beautiful women? What has been happening in your worlds?

Bit of the Monday Blues - should have been Embryo Transfer today but instead we have 3 wittle zygotes in the freezer....yup finished the whole IVF - they harvested 5 eggs and 3 fertilised (IVF this time - not ICSI so they met each other on their own hehe)....Anyway my Progesterone was slightly elevated which means that my womb would be 'hostile' and not allow implantation. The range is up to 4.9 and my Prog was 5.1 Ahhhhh well, Vanuatu soon and that is all I am hangin out for right now....lazy days, lovely hikes and perhaps it's all meant to be, we come back, we are even healthier and we get ready for a FET (frozen embryo transfer). That's if any survive the thaw. They have to survive that, then grow to hopefully blastocyst size and then into me..... The challenge continues.... Off to Curves now to get rid of some Monday angst....Would love to hear how ur all doing xmwahx