+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Sarah

thanks so much for your lovely post, I can see what a good place you are in, even though you have had some really tough times. I totally need this kind of insipration at the moment and it actually gives me hope I can get back to my usual happy self. I really thought I was doing much better this month in dealing with this but at the end of the wait for AF I went down again and guess what arrived! I think my focus is all about this at the moment which is setting myself up for tears each month. I want to get my focus off it but it is so hard. I havent heard of Gabriella Rosa but keen to learn more, I'll have a look at her website...are you all doing an online based program or did you go and see her?

I also wish you and this lovely group the most amazing baby luck and look very forward to hearing some exciting news soon xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gorgeous girls,

Sorry to have been so long between posts. Rest assured you are in my thoughts.

Jen, I'm thinking of you in your TWW although I think you said you're away right now so may not read this. Hope this is your time lovely lady.

Sarah, congrats on going so well on the chem free. I found a couple of really nice recipes for pumpkin pasta sauces on the net - my mil can't eat tomatoes, peppers or potatoes (my staple diet!) so I had to go looking for other things. Hope you are doing well, you sound really positive so I hope that leads to positives in other areas of your life.

Keziah, good to hear you sounding so good lovely lady. Great to hear you are getting some Zumba in. All the best with the IVF. Keep us posted, I have everything for you.

Nelly nice to meet you, I'm a recent graduate of the thread but just can't bear to leave the lives of these lovely ladies. Proof that good things can happen to an average woman after 40. I wish you a short and happy rest of your journey to motherhood.

Love you all, stay well xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiii Keziah

Firstly, I wish you the very best of amazing luck for your upcoming IVF and sending you the most positive of vibes for it to be your turn this time around.
    thanks so much to you and this lovely group for making me feel so welcome, it's just what I need at the moment I can tell what an amazing bunch of gals are here so I feel lucky to have popped in!
    I completely relate to your comment about 'releasing' as my dear friends and family try so so hard to ease the pain and frustration bless them I love them but it doesnt often help that much because of the reasons you mention....also because it feels like all of my close friends are pregnant at the moment...I have a 22 month old son and I am still trying to successfully deal with the very frequently asked question, when are you having another one....I know am not in a good place because this question always really upsets me underneath. I have shocked myself as I honestly never imagined that I could become so worried about this. Maybe this is happening to test me as I need to become stronger and more resilient to things out of my control.

I am seeing a chinese herbalist/acupunture guy for the past few weeks and on Monday I am starting ovulation trackigng via blood tests, my obst. referred me as he thinks I need it, have been putting it off as I thought all the blood tests you have to do for this would make me even more anxious but now I think it would be good to see if there are any obvious probs.

I wonder if anyone in the group has done the ovulation tracking via blood tests? anyways I am going on and on now, there is so much to say about this isnt there.

thanks for listening and looking forward to many more chats

double for you and the gals
    xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Pommiemum11
    a huge congrats to you and thanks heaps for your inspiration and best wishes!

look after yourself and that cheeky little growing bubba of yours xoxoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,
    Hi Sarah, I had not heard about the cough expectorant, I hope it works for you! Very interesting! I am sorry to hear about your eczema sores ouch they sound very sore, hope they are well and truly on the mend now.
    Kez, thanks for the web address with the chem. Free hairspray, there is a stockist close by, but now I am having time off from work I am not using hairspray. Actually I am starting to feel a little bit feral.no make up, no deodorant, no perfume, etc good thing my dh loves me anyway he can get me! Good to hear you are feeling much better than in recent times too! Must be the zumba, releasing the endorphins, and it does you the world of good. I have been to the gym a few times with dh as he tries to rehabilitate his knee/thigh muscle. We usually spend two hours when we do go . I have been 5 times in 2 and a half weeks. I do 30 mins on the recumbent exercise bike at home if not the gym, but now on 2ww not doing any. Went for a nice walk yesterday and will go again today. Dont want to overdo it. I did have a quick look at the thermomix, fascinating piece of machinery!! I am afraid that if I get anymore appliances in my kitchen I will need a new house! Making your own yoghurt sounds tempting, and think of all the yummy ones you can make, but for me still off the dairy, etc, how much I miss yoghurt, cheese, bread, chocolate, soy, my tofu/miso soups, cakes, should I go on? Lol!!
    Sarah, I love the sound of the homegrown vegies, cabbage is so good for you, and the onions! I put onions in just about everything. I only have room for homegrown herbs, which I love, parsely, rosemary, oregano and mint. The basil has died off, and so has the coriander. All sound good we should get together for a dinner party! The only way I have found the DHA to be higher than the EPA in fish oil is in the ready made preconception tablets you can get. I am on swisse pregnancy/preconception, or it is in the blackmores well conceive gold. Check them out if you get the chance. My dh doesn’t understand why I wont take his fish oils for the arthritis I get a bit in my hands.he might understand if he listened!!
    Welcome Nelly !! I hope you are getting yourself back to normal soon, I know you will probably be sick of hearing it, but a positive outlook will do wonders for your own self and your dh too. As I just finished my 11th cycle, I remember my fs has said, there are people worse off than me, so I am thankful for the blessings that I do have. Thats all we can do, and take it one step at a time. Hang in there girl!! Nelly I am off the caffeine, GLUTEN sorry cat jumped on keyboard, sugar, dairy, high fatty foods, and soy. I have found all these things can have negative effects on fertility. Also taking pro-biotics, vitamin c 3000mg per day, zinc, fish oils, (DPA higher than EPA) CoQ10, folate and preconception tabs. What did I leave out? And drink lots of filtered water!! 2 ltrs+
    Hi Pommie good to hear from you hows little Ben? Give him a big cuddle for me. Hows life in the uk, hope you are not missing oz too much! Take care my luvly xxx
    AFm, had EC and they got 23 eggs, 18 mature, 8 fertilised, (because poor motility using frozen sperm) gave dh a rest this time!! But had the pre-implantation genetic diagnosis done, where they extract cells from each embryo and send to Melbourne for testing. My greatest fear was they would all come back bad. Well I had two perfect embies!! The others either had too many chromosomes, or not enough, so they were discarded. Also, the embies I had put back in were hatching blastocysts. He reason I mention this is apparently hatching blastocyst have a higher success rate of implanting into the uterus, as they have broken out of the zona. Kez, I want to mention this to you, as I had no idea that the fs can offer assisted hatching, but there is a risk to the embryo. Sometimes a blastocyst can have trouble implanting because it cant break out of the zona. Its best if i give you this. http://www.cityfertility.com.au/Assisted-Hatching.htm
    So I had the 2 embies put back in on Wednesday, and I am trying to not think about it too much. Wish I could have a piece of chocolate cake. Preg test on the 8/8.
    I hope you are staying strong you lovely ladies.
    Jen xoxoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    knock knock, hello its me
    its been so long since i've dropped in, sorry lovelies
    wow I am so pleased that we are all sticking to chemical free, and healthy food, it has made such a difference to how i feel, tho no BFP yet. But thats cool cause Gabriela would prefer that we don't have any conception attempts during the 120 days. we are into week 7 nearly. I am using Everscents products as well they are great! Bio Ceuticals which is a practioner (naturopath etc) prescribed range of supplements do a really high DHA to EPA fish oil. Health food shops that have a naturopath working from it should stock them or naturopath clinics.
    Oooooooohhhhhh Keziah colour me jealous I would love a thermomix, you lucky thing
    Sarah, glad your itchies are under control, its such a horrible thing to have. Has the cough mixture made any difference? I had read about that but am really interested to hear how it works hope you gush EWM
    Jen you must be into your time off, are you resting and feeling massively fertile I hope it is a success for you. I have been eating sheeps milk yoghurt and cheese which Gabriela is happy with and it is really yummy. I;m like you was missing cheese and yoghurt badly, tonight I am experimenting witha homemade coconut yoghurt so will let you know. As for the chocolate a square of good quality dark chocolate is also allowed. Iam so praying for you that those are the stickiest embies ever
    AFM week 7 of 16 of gabrielas preconception course and i am loving every minute, I wish i could share but it is all on a website that we have to log onto...... she really goes indepth tho, had to fill out 30 pages of questions about us both, we have checklists that we have to make sure we are following. Lots of work on de stressing, affirmations and and emotional freedom. I have increased my exercise (urrggh) ran a whole km today without stopping!!!!! In other exciting news we have bought a house hopefully exchanging papers in about 10 days
    Hi Nelly, welcome, these are lovely girls here they have made me feel so welcome and valued, and I know I sharnt be absent again cause I have missed their company
    Lots of hugs and kisses to you all,
    Steph

Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelly1 View Post
    Dear Sarah

thanks so much for your lovely post, I can see what a good place you are in, even though you have had some really tough times. I totally need this kind of insipration at the moment and it actually gives me hope I can get back to my usual happy self. I really thought I was doing much better this month in dealing with this but at the end of the wait for AF I went down again and guess what arrived! I think my focus is all about this at the moment which is setting myself up for tears each month. I want to get my focus off it but it is so hard. I havent heard of Gabriella Rosa but keen to learn more, I'll have a look at her website...are you all doing an online based program or did you go and see her?
    [/FONT]
    Hi Nelly, I think we all got an invite through bubhub but she is easy to track down on the net via any search or facebook. I really do believe that I am a lot more positive following her suggestions. Good luck sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by pommiemum11 View Post
    Sarah, congrats on going so well on the chem free. I found a couple of really nice recipes for pumpkin pasta sauces on the net - my mil can't eat tomatoes, peppers or potatoes (my staple diet!) so I had to go looking for other things. Hope you are doing well, you sound really positive so I hope that leads to positives in other areas of your life.
    Love you all, stay well xxx
    Hey Pommie, In the middle of a heatwave I see, can ou cope? LOL. I must admit I am a bit of a fraud when it comes to chemical free - I am still washing my socks and towels in Earth Choice detergent as I can't stand grubby whites but everything else is chemical free. Toms, pots and peppers are really bad for you as they are all from the deadly nightshade family. They play havoc with the joints and can actually cause arthritis like symptons. See I'm always available for some useless info,

Quote Originally Posted by jackdemps View Post
    Hello Ladies,
    Hi Sarah, I had not heard about the cough expectorant, I hope it works for you! Very interesting! Sarah, I love the sound of the homegrown vegies, cabbage is so good for you, and the onions! I put onions in just about everything. I only have room for homegrown herbs, which I love, parsely, rosemary, oregano and mint. The basil has died off, and so has the coriander. All sound good we should get together for a dinner party! The only way I have found the DHA to be higher than the EPA in fish oil is in the ready made preconception tablets you can get. I am on swisse pregnancy/preconception, or it is in the blackmores well conceive gold. Check them out if you get the chance.
    Well I had two perfect embies!! The others either had too many chromosomes, or not enough, so they were discarded. Also, the embies I had put back in were hatching blastocysts. He reason I mention this is apparently hatching blastocyst have a higher success rate of implanting into the uterus, as they have broken out of the zona. So I had the 2 embies put back in on Wednesday, and I am trying to not think about it too much. Wish I could have a piece of chocolate cake. Preg test on the 8/8.
    I hope you are staying strong you lovely ladies.
    Jen xoxoxox
    Oh Jen, this sounds like it really could be your month. Everything sounds so positive - stick little embies stick. The cough medicine needs to have only a substance starting with g - Robitusin does one. Lots of FS give it with clomid to conteract dryness. I have also found Blackmores Omega Brain fish oil it has 500mg of DHA to 100mg of EPA - per 1000mg. How many a day should I take? Hopefully sweetie, you won't need anymore of my advice as your embies will stick. Much love hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph1974 View Post
    knock knock, hello its me
    its been so long since i've dropped in, sorry lovelies
    wow I am so pleased that we are all sticking to chemical free, and healthy food, it has made such a difference to how i feel, tho no BFP yet. But thats cool cause Gabriela would prefer that we don't have any conception attempts during the 120 days. we are into week 7 nearly. I am using Everscents products as well they are great! Bio Ceuticals which is a practioner (naturopath etc) prescribed range of supplements do a really high DHA to EPA fish oil. Health food shops that have a naturopath working from it should stock them or naturopath clinics.
    Sarah, glad your itchies are under control, its such a horrible thing to have. Has the cough mixture made any difference? I had read about that but am really interested to hear how it works hope you gush EWM
    AFM week 7 of 16 of gabrielas preconception course and i am loving every minute, I wish i could share but it is all on a website that we have to log onto...... she really goes indepth tho, had to fill out 30 pages of questions about us both, we have checklists that we have to make sure we are following. Lots of work on de stressing, affirmations and and emotional freedom. I have increased my exercise (urrggh) ran a whole km today without stopping!!!!! In other exciting news we have bought a house hopefully exchanging papers in about 10 days
    Steph
    Hi Steph - so pleased you are loving Gabriela's program. I wish I could persuade Andrew to join - he keeps saying it is just a matter of time which I know is true. I just get impatient sometimes. Woohoo on buying a house, it is such an amazing feeling when you sleep there on your first night - you can go to sleep knowing it is all yours. I hope the move goes smoothly. The cough medicine hasn't made a difference this month - AF actually arrived on CD26 but I will try it again this month. I have bought a monster pack of OPK's and some conception tea which is suppose to nourish uterus so we will have more fun again and wait and see.

Rightio, I had better get dinner ready. Much love to you all.
    Sarah

P.S. - Anyone tried www.greenhemp.com ? A friend of ours gave me some of their lemongrass hemp oil soap and it is absolutely divine. It is amazingly low in price too and orangutan friendly. Woohoo good news all round!
    Last edited by Welsh Mummy; 03-08-2011 at 17:15. Reason: added P.S.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies and welcome to the newbies. I have been MIA but have been thinking of you all. Just a quick update on me - the gr8 news is that at the ripe ole age of 40 - I can fall pregnant. The not so great news is that sadly, I have had to go into hospital as my pregnancy was a blighted ovum. Just wanted to update everyone as I have been offline for some time. I am recovering well and hoping for a positive pregnancy in the near future. Take care to all
    cheers
    shelby

Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbymay View Post
    Hi ladies and welcome to the newbies. I have been MIA but have been thinking of you all. Just a quick update on me - the gr8 news is that at the ripe ole age of 40 - I can fall pregnant. The not so great news is that sadly, I have had to go into hospital as my pregnancy was a blighted ovum. Just wanted to update everyone as I have been offline for some time. I am recovering well and hoping for a positive pregnancy in the near future. Take care to all
    cheers
    shelby
    Hi Shelby - I am so sorry to hear about your loss and recent hospital visit . I have everything crossed for you that another pregnancy will come soon, like you say the good thing to come out of recent events is that you know you can get pregnant. I am thinking of you, fingers crossed for another BFP asap.
    Much love
    Sarah
    Last edited by Welsh Mummy; 03-08-2011 at 17:16. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Hi Steph thanks for the info about the sheeps milk cheese, found some and am going to try it!! yummo!!
    Hey Sarah, I had written the vitamins info down but be buggered if I know where it is, maybe send Gabriela a msg on facebook, she has always answered my queries. She did mention it in the two week challenge, and I cant remember it damn hormones!!
    my gut is soooo bloated, the nurses warned me i would probably get ohss, and wow I look like I am 8 months pregnant, feel ok though. I have had a lot of ups and downs in the last week, you know how it is in the 2ww. On saturday I couldn't help it had to poas, and got a positive! I am not going to get too excited, blood test at 8am tomorrow.I have been telling myself since wednesday, one step at a time. One step at a time.Will let you all know how it goes.
    luv Jen oxoxo