+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default welcome to the new ladies and a quick catch up

Hi everyone - how gr8 is it to have several newbies in here with us on the over 35's. Welcome bk2b, Steph and amabel.
    Jen - I had a quick read back through but dont recall you letting us know how the hysteroscopy and stuff went. My thoughts are with you for good news in this area.
    Pommie - I have now been to the naturopath twice and due to go again in early May. Too early to tell but I like her and she has started me on some herbal mixture to even out the oestrogen and progesterone levels plus some stuff in there also to reduce stress. All I know so far is that I have felt "action" in there since taking it LOL - fingers crossed.
    Anemone - well it now several weeks since being off the antideptressants and I am slowly stabalising - I had heard that it was going to be difficult but when I first started the reduction from 300mg, it was almost unoticable untill I got to the last two final drops (reducing by 37.5mg every two weeks).

Update on me - I am now in the TWW but it has been confusing this month as I was totally expecting O to be CD18 as it has been the last few months. Started taking a herbal mixtue (wild yam and some other stuff) and the BBT going along fine - then I go back to the naturopath and we double the dosage - two days later, I get a BBT surge at CD15 - and ****, what the ????and let me tell ya if I did unexpectedly ovulate at day 15, then the odds are that we missed the boat this month as our planning was from CD15 thru to CD18. So we were a couple of days out although we managed the day after but these odds are low as we know. Strangely enough BBT dropped back down after the surge and then rose again from CD18 so i totally have fingers crossed that the surge was related to the herbal mixture and not an early O. So officially, I have not idea where I am re DPO and it is all guess work atm LOL.
    Hope everyone had a gr8 Eater break and i will talk to you soon. ps - have got DP taking menevit now
    Shelby

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shelbymay For This Useful Post:

Steph1974  (29-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey girls,

{birth mentioned}
    Just popping on quickly to let you know our miracle baby Xavier arrived exactly one week ago, (10 days early) after a long and arduous labour. Still cant believe it - it has been such a full-on journey and I am so aware of how lucky and blessed we are.

Hold the faith girls, it can happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anemone, so excited for you, I hope you and Xavier are having fun getting to know each other and putting the trauma of birth behind you. Be good to yourself.

Shelby sounds like the natropath is really getting things moving. Everything crossed for you in the TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Anemone!! welcome little Xavier! congratulations I am so excited and happy for you or for a little boy it should be !!!
    WOW how wonderful and I wish you all the best on this journey of new life with your baby boy!
    Hi Shelby long time no hear good to see you still around with us.Good luck my dear I will think positive thoughts for you on the 2ww.
    You know I dont really understand the lingo very well with the ovulating and bbt, doing ivf cycles all that is done for you with drugs.
    I haven't really been told anything about the hysteroscopy and have not seen my fs since before the op. He told me he would just check my womb,remove any fibroids and do a D&C of my uterus but havent had any other news. Finally got my period after 42 days! So start injections tomorrow.
    Pomie whats happening luv? how are you any news?
    Kez where are you whats happening?
    Sarah thinking of you also hope you get your birthday present too
    Jen xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    A quick question-does anyone have any suggestions on vitamins for my DH sperm to improve its quality? We have no known issues, just the vasectomy uugghh, but I am feeling this is the last shot, so to speak..don't know if I can do more than 10 ivf cycles, let alone get through this one.
    I am going to check out a chinese herbalist tomorrow too.
    I am off the caffeine, sugar, alcohol, chicken, may as well go off the gluten too now I think of it. oh the joy!
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdemps View Post
    A quick question-does anyone have any suggestions on vitamins for my DH sperm to improve its quality? We have no known issues, just the vasectomy uugghh, but I am feeling this is the last shot, so to speak..don't know if I can do more than 10 ivf cycles, let alone get through this one.
    I am off the caffeine, sugar, alcohol, chicken, may as well go off the gluten too now I think of it. oh the joy!
    xx
    Hi Jackdemps, have a read about Maca. It is a powder of a root grown in the Andes. Bit of a superfood it has the most amazing properties for both males and females. I have been taking it for its ability to regulate hormones and to help with thyroid issues. It is very well regarded for improving sperm quality, semen volume etc. I have noticed an excellent improveement in myself and expect the same for my husband he has only just started taking it so will have to keep you posted. Well worth a try

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Anemone!! welcome little Xavier! congratulations I am so excited and happy for you or for a little boy it should be !!!
    WOW how wonderful and I wish you all the best on this journey of new life with your baby boy!
    Hi Shelby long time no hear good to see you still around with us.Good luck my dear I will think positive thoughts for you on the 2ww.
    You know I dont really understand the lingo very well with the ovulating and bbt, doing ivf cycles all that is done for you with drugs.
    I haven't really been told anything about the hysteroscopy and have not seen my fs since before the op. He told me he would just check my womb,remove any fibroids and do a D&C of my uterus but havent had any other news. Finally got my period after 42 days! So start injections tomorrow.
    Pomie whats happening luv? how are you any news?
    Kez where are you whats happening?
    Sarah thinking of you also hope you get your birthday present too
    Jen xoxo
    Anemone-congratulations, what happy news xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    xx
    http://natural-fertility-info.com/maca

Welsh Mummy is offline <---- Andie's 1st Teddy Bear Rose
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pommiemum11 View Post
    Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Sarah! Hope you have the special reason to celebrate at the end of the TWW and all the relaxation and curry has worked its magic. How did the combi go (Oliver I think?)?

Hi Jen, wow a 36 day cycle, that sucks. Did AF finally turn up? You have such strength starting cycle 10 I really hope this is the one for you - keep us posted

Anemone has that bubby boy arrived? Can't wait to hear.

Love to all xxx
    Thank you lovey, had a great birthday. Andrew bought me a gold Pandora bead (my birthday comes just after new releases - woohoo) and he also got me an iPod touch. Just getting it loaded up as I'm sure I'll need it when I get to go into the hospy to have our little bub when we make one. See I'm being positive even though I have now hit 41.
    The Kombi (Ollie) gave us a few probs but nothing that wasn't fixable - she is 30 odd after all.
    Ooopppps we did it again, lol! Went for a drive to Marybourough and Hervey Bay today and on the way saw a beautiful red, glittery beetle for sale.... we pick it up next weekend, lol.

How are you anyway hun? Must be getting close by now. Mwah

Hi Ladies
    Happy Birthday Sarah!! hope you have a great day tomorrow! I will be off to the easter show with hubby. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
    I had a pregnancy test on the 18th march, bfn of course, which was when I had my last AF. Still no sign of AF ?? day 41 and no chance of preg cause dh vasectomy.maybe the hysteroscopy and D&C has affected it. confused.
    whats new.
    love to all Jen xo
    I'm sorry nasty AF arrived again, sorry sweet, I had forgotten about DH's vas. I'm your your hysteroscopy went well and there is nothing to worry about - they'd have called in you else. Hope the injections work well this month.

Quote Originally Posted by anemone View Post
    Hey girls,

{birth mentioned}
    Just popping on quickly to let you know our miracle baby Xavier arrived exactly one week ago, (10 days early) after a long and arduous labour. Still cant believe it - it has been such a full-on journey and I am so aware of how lucky and blessed we are.

Hold the faith girls, it can happen!
    Woohoo, many congratulations to you and your DH on the safe arrival of baby Xavier. It is truly wonderful to read a success story. Much love to the 3 of you.

xx
    Not sure about anything herbal but zinc is a good thing. Eat lots of zinc rich foods such as peas and brazil nuts and do a zinc test. I am sure part of the reason we got UTD before was due to the increase in zinc. Good luck sweetie.

Much love to you all. Gotta go eat my dinner as DH has just dished up.

Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,
    Sarah glad to hear you got a little spoilt on your bday! 41 is great, I turn 42 this month!! I loved my VW beetle when i had it, it was great very reliable and fun.
    Steph I will check out the Maca, thanks, i saw the herbalist and I have been cooking the herbs YUK LOL!!! it tastes like hot boiled iodine, but if it helps. got DH on sperm max ? i think its called that, its the same as menevit, but really the problem is with me I think..the embies just wont stick!!
    will keep trying, though, soldier on as they say!
    hope everyone is enjoying a little sunshine today.
    Jen xoxo