+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations flemo! That's amazing news after such a long time. You give us all hope thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have had two people this week ask me if I was pregnant so I think that is a yes to the swollen tummy. It is awful to be asked that question though. Except for a few friends I have chosen not to tell people we are going through IVF. I didn't want lots of people asking me if I was pregnant yet. Lol... so the only people who are asking me are random strangers who don't know my tummy is always this swollen! I wonder if the Zolodex will shrink it?

Sootymay I am with Genea. The previous Dr I had been seeing for a year before he found the adeno. By that stage I had already booked in for a second opinion with a new FS. Just as well really as the old Dr wasn't offering any ideas on how to treat it. On my first appointment the new dr recommended Zolodex. It was such a relief to have someone who knew how to manage it. DH was just shaking his head to think we had had so many conversations about pain and symptons with the old FS and got nowhere. Fx that our next cycle will be more succesful.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (06-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

October baby - thanks for staying in touch on here & your encouraging experience & words

Sooty may - I have had f u with KC now so I'll post below what her advice is- it sounds similar to what she told you.

Faith love hope - are you having any side effects from the zoladex? Hope my spelling is correct!

Well from my 2 embryos which were suitable for pgs testing, amazingly one is normal! I was stressing about my numbers getting so low but indeed it only needs one! I am still very cautious tho cos obviously now have to tackle the anedo. I too have been advised zoladex. Plan is to have a scan after 2 treatments (ie after 2 months) to check how much shrinkage. Apparently my uterus is 94 which is quite enlarged! & the adeno is diffuse. An MRI scan was not recommended as KC said she was confident in diagnosis. I trust their judgement. It is annoying tho as I had a very detailed hycosy only 3 months ago which reported I had a good uterus!! This was with different people & seems like they didn't check for adeno!
    Anyway after the 2nd zoladex, I will either need another one or change to another medication- maybe synarel but I can't quite remember.

The thought of the long adeno treatment is a bit daunting & I would be really upset to go thro it & it not working then be completely back to square one. So I have suggested that I do another 1 or 2 stim cycles to hopefully get some back up embryos ie embryo banking then go into adeno treatment.

What are you ladies doing re this dilemma? Are you using donor eggs? I'm assuming that quality of donor eggs would typically be good so perhaps more confident of one or more good embryo?

My other question is if you have heard that pregnancy should be avoided within 3 months of zoladex? Clearly this would defeat the purpose in our case! My FS didn't seem to think this was a problem so just wondering why some websites say this. Perhaps it's a case of not believing everything Dr Google says!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My clinic nurse informed me of 2 side effects from the zolodex: hot flushes and mood swings. I have had the hot flushes and they don't bother me too much. I haven't had mood swings at all. Infact I would say that I am happier and less moody now than I was on the IVF drugs. (Yuck). Plus I think the cycling makes me a little crazy with the worrying about egg numbers and hormone levels etc. So all in all the Zolodex is not too bad. The worst part for me is the waiting for the next cycle. 3 months of down time feels long when you want a baby so badly.

I am using my own eggs and starting a new protocol with half the stimming drug dose I was on at my old clinic. The new FS thinks it is counter productive to get large numbers in older ladies. It just reduces the quality of the eggs produced. I hope he is right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith, im glad the side effecys arent too bad! I havent noticed too much yet, touch wood!

I read that too about a pregnancy after zolasex too & got worried. I didnt think to ask ck. She suggested daily lucin after. Yes it sounds the same treatment plan. Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hadn't heard anything about zolodex and pregnancy. I will ask my FS when I see him next too. The only thing he mentioned last time was that some studies had shown an increased pregnancy rate after zolodex. I wonder what the drug protocol is after tranfer. Maybe something to counteract the Zolodex is included.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a fabulous drug info line at one of the major public birthing hospitals in SA. I just rang them to ask about the zoladex issue. She looked through their databases & research web sites and said she couldn't find any evidence why pregnancy should be avoided for 3 months. She assumed because it lasts 28 days it will be out of system by then. So this must be why KC recommends moving to lucin for 1 month after zoladex. Hope this helps! But I think if we do continue to ask these q's of our FS, the more info we have the better! Thanks for sharing

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daisy leaf For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (11-09-2014),sootymay  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for checking it out for us Daisy leaf - really appreciate it and feel much more reassured now

Out of interest is anyone getting tiny smidges of spots during the day/night while on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy leaf View Post
    We have a fabulous drug info line at one of the major public birthing hospitals in SA. I just rang them to ask about the zoladex issue. She looked through their databases & research web sites and said she couldn't find any evidence why pregnancy should be avoided for 3 months. She assumed because it lasts 28 days it will be out of system by then. So this must be why KC recommends moving to lucin for 1 month after zoladex. Hope this helps! But I think if we do continue to ask these q's of our FS, the more info we have the better! Thanks for sharing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told that spotting might happen after the first dose but shouldn't occur once you had the second dose. Having said that I have not had any yet and my second dose is due next week. Wow that month went fast!

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thx faith yes it goes quick doesnt it! Im still spotting, but good to know 2nd inj should stop that.