+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Just registered for first time & so checking out this works! If so I will write more next post...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it worked! I don't check this thread much, but would love to hear your story.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy leaf View Post
    Hi

Just registered for first time & so checking out this works! If so I will write more next post...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all. I have just been diagnosed with suspected Adenomyosis after 3 failed IVF cycles. I say suspected because I also have severe endometriosis, scar tissue from previous surgery to remove the endometriosis and a fibroid (growing outside of the uterus). With all that going on it was hard for the Dr to tell what was what! I started Zolodex for a long, long down cycle last week. My next IVF cycle is in November. If anyone is going through this or has some succes stories to tell I would love to hear them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

It sounds like I have quite a bit in common with some of the ladies on this thread.
    I'm seeing CK too at Repromed. She (via the sonographer) has recently said I have adenomyosis. I have yet to have a follow-up appt to hear what her advice is.

I am in 1st attempt at IVF & unfortunately not feeling hopeful now. I had 10 follicles- 9 eggs were retrieved, 7 were injected via ICSI, 4 fertilised.
    I am doing PGS.
    Only 1 has been suitable for biopsy and another is still in culture.
    I am 41 - hence reason for PGS. So the odds of my one embryo coming back normal are low - & then I have the adendo to overcome.
    I have good AMH (29) & we have no other identified issues.
    With the numbers I am faced with now tho, plus the new challenge of adeno the hurdles feel a bit too big
    Sorry to be so pessimistic ...
    I'm not feeling happy about the thought of taking HRt type drugs, or more stim drugs & the general anaesthetic etc.
    Obviously I would go thro it all if there was a reasonable chance of success but it feels like the odds are against me now. I know miracles do happen but perhaps I should just adjust & appreciate what I've got. The most positive part of my story is that I am blessed with 2 beautiful children.
    Good luck to anyone else going thro this turmoil.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daisy leaf For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (28-08-2014),sootymay  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear that Daisy Leaf. I am not a fan of the drugs and anaesthetic either. It's crazy to think that we put ourselves through all this with no guarantees but "the heart wants what it wants". If we went on logic alone we would never try. As you say though miracles happen and I hope we will be counted amongst those blessed with a miracle baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your message faithlovehope. It's certainly a tough journey isn't it?!

I'm aware that this thread was originally for stories of bfp after adeno so perhaps I shouldn't be posting my concerns on here? I have found it tricky to get good info about adeno tho & the ladies on here have great insight.
    I wanted to ask if anyone else's tummy is 'swollen'? Apparently my uterus is enlarged & I feel like I look pregnant - embarrassing! It's obviously the last thing I want anyone to ask!
    I am not feeling quite so hopeless- another embryo was suitable for biopsy. Obviously need to wait for results then if, against the odds, one of those is normal I will need to tackle the adeno!
    For those who are tackling it, I hope your mind can get a well deserved rest while you are waiting to re-cycle.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy leaf For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Faith & Hope and Daisy Leaf - yay another couple of girls for support in the adneo. world - as strange a thing as that is to say! It is a hard road & hopefully not a long one for you – its fine to share your thoughts here – we are all in this together J If you read back over the posts you’ll see a few girls it worked for and this is what has given me great hope with this drug. I cant wait to hear what Dr Kirby says for you. I really liked her, I found her so thorough, she had been over all my results before my phone consult and seemed passonite about the topic, which was refreshing.

Faith&Hope – are you with Repromed as well? I just started my zoladex on Monday too! I’m hoping to transfer Nov as well, but have many other immune issues to tackle as well on top of it. Dr Kirby said they have really good results with it, with women previously failing to get BFP, so that gave me a lot of hope too. Its meant to shrink everything and then as I am doing FET, the HRT will re-grow the lining and hopefully the adneo. Wont grow back in a hurry.

Daily Leaf – that is so intersting you saying about a swollen tummy. My tummy is so bloated its not funny – I too look pregnant, even first thing in the morning it is like that – and really hard. I did read this can be adneo. But I thought it could be constipation too as I have a real problem in this area, OR all the drugs I’ve been on over the past 4 years – steriods included.

I found this recently that may be of interest.

http://www.adenomyosisadviceassociation.org/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

I shared my BFP story earlier in this thread and am hoping you all experience the success I did. I didn't find the zoladex side effects that bad but I have low AMH and already experience hot flushes and headaches fairly constantly. I had given up hope for a second baby until my adenomyosis diagnosis and am so grateful the treatment worked and my 4 month old is sleeping upstairs. I keep reading along and cheering you from the sidelines

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (29-08-2014),PreciousHeart  (17-12-2014),sootymay  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I was diagnosed over 5 yrs ago and just got my first BFP last wk after almost 4 yrs of doing ivf. I'm over the moon only 5 wks tdy so still a little scared and it's very hard to sink in. I was on synarel for 3 months and then did a fet on the 14th. If it wasn't for this I don't believe we would have ever got that bfp. We still have 2 frozen embryos. I'm also on progynova estraderm patches clexane and prendisilone. How are you feeling sootymay is it one implant per month?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flemo For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (30-08-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (30-08-2014),sootymay  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Octoberbaby, thank you for popping in! It really gives us hope & warmed my heart to read your post & know you'll be here for us OOoh i hope i am like you & dont get too many side effects.

Flemo, a HUGE congrats, how exciting, finally!! Yes, the zoladex is once a month for 2 months & then if sounds like after the 2nd 3D scan, if everything has reduced/shrunk, i will go on daily lucrin injections until FET.