+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lilybaby I have already asked you some questions see the reply to you above but I have one more if I may. With the protocol that treats the adeno is it just the long long down reg ie. use of zolodex for 8-12 weeks then whatever cycle you are on is fine? I am on a HRT cycle with colorado treatment. Would my FS just put me on Zolodex prior to the treatment I am currently on?
    Thanks again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    KTP glad I can be of some help, I haven't got it and sorry to hear that people do it must be tough. I did a little research and thats what I found.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE hope you all get your BFP's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    KTP - I think you could still do your colorado protocol after 8-10 weeks of zoladex but I dont know for sure sorry. Hopefully your FS can answer that question for you. Good luck with your appt tomorrow, please let us know how you go.

Anyanka - thank you for your research

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lilybaby. Just one more question if I may. When you were on Zoladex were you also on the pill? I am on microgynan (contraceptive pill) between cycles and it is also part of my cycle as I have to be on the pill before starting Syneral. Just wondering if I would need to come off the pill while on zolodex. Hopefully my FS will know about that. Anyway thanks again for all your help. I really really appreciate it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lilybaby, saw my FS. He suggested the long down reg for 2 months not using Zolodex but by just staying on the pill continuously. He said this would achieve the same thing. But now I am home I am wondering if it will. I probably should have questioned it more but we had so much to cover in a limited time and it was only when I got home that I thought that if the pill does the same thing with less side effects and more flexibility then why isn't it being used routinely instead of Zolodex. I am thinking of ringing him back and asking him again. Can I just ask you does Zolodex get administered at a certain stage of your cycle? ie. on day 1 of your period? I have a few more things to ask him and I am wondering whether I need to call back straight away or have I got a bit of time up my sleeve because Zolodex can only be administered at a certain time in your cycle? Thanks very much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi KTP, Sorry I missed your other question until it was too late. My 1st zoladex was administered on CD24 so before af arrives, that month I got a small breakthrough bleed. The next one was administered 4 weeks later and I got no af at all that month. I would defintely ask your FS if it is playing on your mind because I've heard of people taking synarel for the whole supression period (8+ weeks) but havent heard of using the pill - I'm certainly no expert though. If the OCP he puts you on suppresses the eostrogen it would do the same thing though I would think????
    Another option would be to email Repromed in Adelaide through their web page (using the contact details). I dont know how you would go ringing them becaue you arent a patient but it cant hurt to send an email and I would hope that a FN or hopefully a FS would reply with some info for you??
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I have heard of people taking OCP's before starting a normal down reg cycle so maybe your FS has heard of doing something similar as part of the long, long down reg. There is new information being found out all the time so I wouldnt want to comment really.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lilibaby thanks for sharing that. I am having some thyroid tests etc done so when I ring him for the test results I might just ask him again for peace of mind.
    Can I just ask what CD24 means? I am not up with all the acronyms sorry. I worked out OCP is oral contraceptive pill but I am not sure about CD24.
    Many thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilybaby - it was a few years ago this valuable thread was running and I thank you so much for starting it up and all the other girls that have contributed. I'm hoping some of you are still around or other ladies that may find this thread contribute.

I too have adenomyosis and every FS, GP or songraphers I have ever seen has breezed over it as not an issue.

However after 3.5 years of failed IVF with reasonably good egg of my own & now 2 failed overseas egg donor cycles with the last been excellent blastocysts transferred (and immune treatment as well, though it probably wasn't strong enough as I had a chemical) we are now wondering if adenomyosis is contributing as well. I recently heard of using a long down reg to minimise endo and asked my FS here about it and he said that could help shrink the adeno as well. Though someone else said to me that they had been advised that the toxicity from both can still remain?

Would love to hear from anyone else in the same boat?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sootymay, I've replied to your PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lilybaby For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sooty May,

I originally begun IVF due to mfi and had a successful pregnancy on cycle#2. When we tried again for a sibling we did another 5 failed cycles. By this time, low AMH was discovered but I couldn't understand why my perfect blasts weren't implanting - although I had plenty of dodgy embryos too. Anyway, I changed FS and he suspected adenomyosis which was confirmed by specialized ultrasound. I had zoladex implants for 6 months and then just did a standard Icsi cycle. I had fairly average to low quality embryos and from 2 transferred had a successful pregnancy, the result is my gorgeous 6 week old bubba. I always had a feeling something was going wrong with implantation. We were about to give up but I pushed DH for us to get a second opinion before stopping. I can't tell you how happy I am that we did. I wish you every success!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (22-06-2014)