+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, I'll take it as an excellent sign that KT did the winning ET's for both of you because he is my FS now and I think he is brilliant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG - you ladies are amazing. Am hoping that you might be able to shed some light or offer any advice?

Just a bit of history. DH and I have been TTC since June 2008. Saw FS in April last year and had lap done in May - confirmed severe endo and suspected adenomysis. Had MRI done in May/June and confirmed that my lining was 10mm - which apparently is borderline for Adenomyosis based on the new criteria.

After three failed stim cycles I am now looking to do anything that may help us get our BFP. To date we have only done antagonist cycles and from everything that I have read here - this is not likely to help up get a BFP!! In our three cycles we have had 3, 8, 10 eggs fertilised respectively and in each case we have not had any blasto's frozen.

I have asked FS is the adeno may hinder implantation and he kind of just fobbed me off and said that plenty of women with adeno get pregnant and not to worry about it. I like our FS and he does seem to be proactive but seems to me like he may be ignoring the adeno.

Am starting to think that as a starting point I should maybe push to do a down reg cycle and see if that makes a difference to our results????

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BronwynCJ For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bronwyn,
    It's so nice to talk to other ladies in the "same boat" and to share stories and advice.
    From what I've been told from my FS the best way to help with implantation if you have adenomyosis is to do a very long down reg, ie at least 8-10 weeks supressing us. Apparently this suppresses the hormone (I think it's eostrogen if I'm remembering rightly??) that causes the build up in the uterus which is what is hindering us. It might be worth discussing this with your FS before you start your next cycle. I know my FS has been trialling this protocol for awhile now and has had success with it. If you want anymore info or would like to discuss it further please pm me and I can give you more details.
    Good luck and I look forward to hearing from you as our cycles progress.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lilybaby For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, I am new to forums & postings but saw this thread when searching for information about adenomyosis and fertility. I am 32 and was diagnosed with adenomyosis 5 years ago after surgery to remove what was thought to be fibroids. My husband and I started TTC only 3 months ago which I know isn't a long time at all. At the same time, I have also started having regular acupuncture and taking chinese herbs. I am hoping that this will be helpful for us. I guess the reason why I've joined the forum is to get advice and share with others who have adenomyosis as well. We have another 3 months of trying naturally before going back to see my gynae. If anyone is still reading this thread, could I please get some advice as to what sort of tests/treatments I should enquire about and who would be the best person to see in regards to adenomyosis and fertility?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lilybaby and digbyleigh and others!
    I am so lucky to have found this thread. It had given me some much needed hope. I am new to message boards even though it will be my 22nd ivf cycle next time. I have endometriosis (had a bowel resection and have extensive adhesions), high natural killer cells and have been diagnosed with adeno as well. I am seeing my FS this wednesday and saw this thread. He has not mentioned this treatment to me previously. I know this is terribly last minute but could you ladies possibly give me as much detail as possible about your protocols and if any success rates given to you by your FS?
    Many many thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ktp For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Treatment options range from use of Natural Progesterone Cream, NSAIDs, hormonal suppression, anti inflammatory pain killers and IUD Coil for short term symptomatic relief (although IUD may cause further irritation of the uterus). Women with adenomyosis fail endometrial ablation because the ablation only affects the surface endometrial tissue, not the tissue that has grown into the muscle lining. This remaining tissue is still viable and will continue to cause pain.
    Those that believe an excess of estrogen (Estrogen Dominance)is the cause of Adenomyosis, or that it aggravates the symptoms, recommend avoiding products with xenoestrogens and/or recommend taking Natural Progesterone Cream which may help balance the hormone levels. Chinese herbal supplements DIM and Myomin are claimed to reduce excess estrogen, shrink fibroids and reduce significantly the adenomyosis symptoms. DIM is a blend of cruciferous vegetable extracts including broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and brussel sprouts. Research shows it helps metabolize unhealthy circulating estrogens (estrone, estradiol) into the good form (estriol)

As the condition is estrogen-dependent, menopause presents a natural cure. Patients with adenomyosis often also have

Thats what I have found so it seems that putting the body into menopause will help as it is indeed estrogen dependant

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anyanka For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peggle - apologies if you are still reading, I only saw your post that you made ages ago today.

Peggle and Ktp - I just finished my 3rd cycle since being diagnosed with adeno via MRI and got my BFP ! So I'd have to say the treatment works. My 1st cycle after being diagnosed was 8 weeks of suppression with zoladex implants (1 every 4 weeks) and then a week of lucrin and then commenced fsh, we ended up with 2 embies transfered but unfortunately that cycle didnt work. We then did an antagonist cycle straight away because the reasoning from my FS is your uterus is still supressed for up to 3 months so could squeeze a quick cycle in - also didnt work.
    Our lucky 3rd cycle , I was supressed for 8 weeks again with zoladex, then 2 weeks with lucrin before I started fsh. We transfered 2 embies again and will find out next Monday if 1 or both of our embies were sticky . This cycle I also took DHEA for 3 months beforehand, CoQ10, lost 7 kilos, and was super healthy ie 5 veg and 3 fruit every day for the 3 month lead up as well as 2+ litres of water as well as all the normal no caffiene, no alcohol etc. Obviously the supression for the adeno was what we needed to even be in with a chance but I think the DHEA is what gave us our super embies this time.
    I hope this helps a bit with your questions to your FS, my FS believes that supression is the only way to conceive with adeno though and he has had a really good success rate. Please feel free to PM me if I've left anything out.
    Good luck
    P.S make sure you get an authority prescription for the zoladex otherwise it will be very expensive - with an authority it was only about $30 or so each.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lilybaby For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much lilybaby and congratulations! I am so pleased for you. I am very new to this forum (yesterday was my first two messages so I don't know how to PM). I am seeing my FS tomorrow straight after work. Is there any chance of getting your FS name and the clinic name? Then if my FS was willing to look into it he could contact them for further information on how the protocol works.
    Also I read in a couple of places the suppression was for 3 months but does your FS think only 2 months is necessary? I noticed you were then on lucrin for 2 weeks - is that part of the adenomyoma suppression or something else related to your cycle? I will be having a frozen cycle next time (FET).
    Also has your FS mentioned how successful his protocol on treating those with adenomysis is?
    Thank you so much for your information. It is very much appreciated. I have been feeling anxious all day about my visit with the FS tomorrow. It is hard when you are up to cycle 22 and at my age also. It will be good to have some information to chat to him about. Hopefully he will be open to it. He is very proactive in other ways so fingers crossed, will see what he says.
    Thanks again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Anyanka for the information. I thought estrogen had an effect. I was on alot of estrogen on my last cycle (fail with a Grade A emby so very disappointed) and am still having alot of inflammation in the lower abdomen and lower back area. I think my endo and adeno are the cause and the hard thing is because of the adhesions from 2 ops I cannot have lap surgery so very hard to clean up the endo. Thanks for sharing your information,

Thanks
    Reviews
    KTP - sorry I think you have to do 20 posts before they let you do a private message, I didnt look to see how many posts you'd done.
    My FS is Kelton Tremellan at Repromed in Adelaide. He didnt give me numbers but just told me he's had success with 8 week suppression. The lucrin is just part of the normal down reg cycle as opposed to the long, long down with zoladex.
    I know he has done longer suppressions with other patients, it must be a case by case basis?? Mine was considered quite severe nad he was happy with 8 weeks so cant help there I'm afraid. I hope your FS takes the info on board and will adjust your protocol, you are certainly overdue for some good luck.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lilybaby For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (22-06-2014)