+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sootymay View Post
    Congratulations Ally Funk.

Lulu - sorry just saw this, I don't pop in here too much. Congratulations ! So glad you've got your FS to give you progesterone. My understanding is high progesterone levels help with immune issues as well by keeping everything calm. I am on PIO (Progesterone in Oil injections, 1 per day) + 1 x 400mg pessarie in the morning and 1 x 90mg Crinone at lunch (for convenience as at work during day). My levels have remained at 160-190 which is really high, but bearing in mind that it calms the immune, I'm happy to have high levels. I'll stay on these qty's until 12-15 weeks when I start weaning - and then will re-test prog levels at 16 weeks.
    Thanks heaps, Sooty. I'm so relieved I'm on the progesterone. Thanks so much for you help and advice. I'll KUP with how I get on

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lulubee For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on 90mg crinone x2 daily up until 11 weeks. However from weeks 9- until I have my baby, I'm on a low dose baby aspirin and caltrate morning and night- plus elevit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFunk View Post
    I was on 90mg crinone x2 daily up until 11 weeks. However from weeks 9- until I have my baby, I'm on a low dose baby aspirin and caltrate morning and night- plus elevit

Thanks so much, Ally. I'm on some other type of progesterone pessary (can't remember the name) and it's 400 mg a day total. Feel so relieved I went on them. At least if this pregnancy doesn't go well now I know I've done all I can at this point so I won't kick myself! I'm on Prednisolone, aspirin and progesterone (plus thyroid meds and various vitamins). Fingers crossed this bean is sticky! So nerve wracking after three miscarriages!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little update on me: I think I'm about to miscarry for the fourth time in a row. I started bleeding yesterday. So far today it's kinda stopped but I know from past experience that this happens - stop-start bleeding. I will get HCG results tomorrow but not hopeful.

This is now my fourth miscarriage. And first one since being on Prednisolone to treat immune issues.

I think my next step will have to be addressing the adenomyosis via down regulation. It has got to be what's causing my issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A positive update from me!

I got my HCG results ladies! I'm floored!!!!
    It went from 271 at 14 dpo to 717 at 16 dpo!!!!!!!

FS doesn't think I need to up my progesterone despite the bleeding.

We're doing another HCG beta and checking progesterone levels tomorrow.

But it's looking good!!! I'm beyond happy.

These numbers are even higher than with my DD (had 472 at 16 dpo with her).

Please, please stick baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Lulubee- that's great news! Try and stick to your guns and stick on progesterone even if your levels are good!!

I've actually been spotting throughout this pregnancy- I've just come out of hospital after I suffered an incarcerated uterus. Let me just say it has been up their with my most traumatic experirence . I'm wondering if the adno was the cause of my retroverted uterus becoming stuck?

Thankfully it has fixed itself now naturally- but was very scary for a moment!

Keep me updated LuLu

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AllyFunk For This Useful Post:

Lulubee  (26-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFunk View Post
    Oh Lulubee- that's great news! Try and stick to your guns and stick on progesterone even if your levels are good!!

I've actually been spotting throughout this pregnancy- I've just come out of hospital after I suffered an incarcerated uterus. Let me just say it has been up their with my most traumatic experirence . I'm wondering if the adno was the cause of my retroverted uterus becoming stuck?

Thankfully it has fixed itself now naturally- but was very scary for a moment!

Keep me updated LuLu
    Thanks Ally. Yeah, definitely not coming off the progesterone. It would only freak me out.

Oh gosh, Ally, what on earth is an incarcerated uterus? I'll have to look it up. Sounds scary. Is all ok now? All ok with bubs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Lulu! Personally from all the immune girls I talk to, anyone with bleeding always ups their progesterone - I'm on PIO once a day, 400mg pessarie and crinone at lunch with no bleeding and staying on this until 12 weeks & then dropping PIO to every 2nd day for 2 weeks, then crinone at 15 weeks, pessarie stopping at 16 weeks (under Dr M's protocol) everyone is a little different, but most are on fairly large doses as it helps calm the immune system as well. You can't overdose on it.. just need to usually be off it by 16 weeks is my understanding.

Ally - that sounds terribly frightening and painful, so glad it is all ok now. I haven't heard of that either, and have a retroverted u. as well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Lulubee  (26-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sootymay View Post
    Great news Lulu! Personally from all the immune girls I talk to, anyone with bleeding always ups their progesterone - I'm on PIO once a day, 400mg pessarie and crinone at lunch with no bleeding and staying on this until 12 weeks & then dropping PIO to every 2nd day for 2 weeks, then crinone at 15 weeks, pessarie stopping at 16 weeks (under Dr M's protocol) everyone is a little different, but most are on fairly large doses as it helps calm the immune system as well. You can't overdose on it.. just need to usually be off it by 16 weeks is my understanding.

Ally - that sounds terribly frightening and painful, so glad it is all ok now. I haven't heard of that either, and have a retroverted u. as well.
    Thanks, Sooty. I am beyond thrilled at this point. Hoping the next beta comes in good. I asked my FS about upping progesterone and she said not to. I kinda don't want to go against her wishes at this point. But I do get progesterone results back tomorrow so I can reassess based on the number. The bleeding has stopped now, though, touch wood. Hope it stays away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was pretty awful - but I have recovered now And my baby is still fighting strong. I won't go into detail- but I'm convinced child birth will be a cake walk compared to what I went through. All worth it for my little blessing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AllyFunk For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (27-01-2015)