+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have gotten mixed messages too. The same FS who put me on zolodex now says the research shows that adeno (or endo for that matter) doesn't effect pregnancy rates. We are going to try to fall pregnant naturally in the next couple of months. Then try another IVF next year if that doesn't work.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it helps- I did weekly acupunture and I went gluten and lactose free. I heard the endo can cause inflammation in your body and stop the egg from implanting due to the inflammation. So- I cut all trigger foods from my diet that could potentially cause any inflammation.

It's such a heartbreaking journey and I thank God everyday for my blessing this far. I still have a long way to go.

I just wish they had more definitive facts on this condition. It's so blasé and Dr Google just is all doom and gloom. One Dr days one thing and the other disagrees. And sadly- we are in between.

We just need to hang in there and continue to support each other- miracles happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do think the jury is out about adeno affecting implantation. My experience was that after 5 cycles of embryos not implanting my new FS, who is a professor in infertility sent me for a specialized ultrasound and diagnosed me with moderate to severe adeno. 6 months of zoladex and I fell pg first round with a less than average embryo. I'm convinced it made a difference for me. My FS explained that it is a type of endo in the uterus and the zoladex makes the tissue inactive, putting you into a state of menopause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is the problem, it is like Natural Killer Cells, most Doctors don't believe either are a problem, NK Cells nor Adneo. Endo is also considered a marker for inflammation in the body - which you don't want. Maybe its all linked in with immunology and ttc. For me, after 4 years of neither Susposdely been an issue until finding out myself from forums that they both can be, I've taken action, its been a long confusing & expensive road on top of IVF, but hopefully it has paid off - touch wood. Oh, also, I tried to eat Paleo 5/7 days week 3 months prior to transfer. Apparently, It lowers inflammation in the body & I know of a few girls that eat this way, or at least go gluten free. (I call it extreme Gluten free). I also removed red meat from my diet for those 3-4 months prior which can be helpful if you have endo too. I'm trying to upload a photo & not sure if it will work. A really good book is "Its Starts with Food" Dallas & Melissa Hartwig.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by sootymay; 08-12-2014 at 04:50.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to all you ladies...

I would like to say first up to Sootymay a massive CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! After 4 long and heartbreaking years of TTC you must be in heaven with your first BFP. May you have a wonderful, uneventful pregnancy over the coming months and I am hoping that this time next year you and DH are cuddling with your new born and preparing for your very first Xmas together as a family of three. I would be very interested to hear exactly what protocol you were on for both your adeno and for your immune treatment - as your story is similar to mine...

I am 42, have had 6 IVF/ICSI cycles since 2011, 1 FET, 1 miscarriage at 10 weeks and have adeno. My embryos have generally been of good quality but implantation has been the problem... and, of course, four years down the track it is more likely than not an egg problem now. My FS has always been pretty non-committal about whether the adeno is a problem but after digging around on the web for info I am convinced that the adeno is an issue for me. Emotionally I have one more cycle with my own eggs left in me which, finances permitting, I will do early in the New Year before I move to donor eggs in SA. I went for a review with my FS following my most recent IVF failure in November and I shared with him an article that I came across by Kelton Tremellen titled 'Ultrasound diagnosed adenomyosis has a negative impact on successful implantation following GnRH antagonist IVF treatment' - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22997247.

In the paper Tremellen points out that much of the research into whether adenomyosis affects implantation during IVF was conducted when ladies were doing long down reg cycles that used to be much more popular/prevalent, so essentially the adeno was addressed prior to the IVF cycle which meant the adeno was less of a factor. However, most cycles these days are Antagonist and this research paper suggests that adenomyosis, if it is not down regged prior to transfer, affects implantation. All my cycles have been antagonist so far and my next cycle will also be antagonist as I think a long down reg would suppress my response too much at my age. My FS has agreed to do a freeze all with a FET after I down reg for Zoladex for a few months. If I'm not successful I will continue to down reg in preparation for my donor cycle in SA.

My FS remarked when I gave him the article that Tremellen is quite famous - so I did a little googling and found out that he is responsible for the research into antioxidents and there affect on improving sperm - the outcome of his research was Menevit. He is also responsible for the 'Egg Timer' test which uses AMH as a marker for how a woman's egg reserve is tracking. He seems very passionate and interested in advancing IVF treatment and research - and it was good to hear of your personal experience with him as well Sootymay.

Anyhow ladies, am so grateful for the this thread and for everyone's contribution - it is by sharing our personal first hand experiences that we can get an idea of what is happening at the coal face of IVF as the info from formal scientific IVF studies can take years to trickle down and for many of us we can't afford to wait.

Anyways... I hope I haven't rambled too much. I wish all you ladies the very best on your journeys to motherhood.

Take care, SL
    Last edited by slow loris; 09-12-2014 at 09:37.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to slow loris For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's really interesting info. My first BFP came from a long down reg cycle with the pill and syneral but when I started trying for #2, my FS did all antagonist cycles, mostly due to me being a poor responder and having low AMH. (The number of eggs I was getting dropped dramatically from my first pregnancy to trying again when DS was not even 12 months). New FS diagnosed adeno and then I got pg after using zoladex. I wonder now if just a long down reg would have done the trick. Thanks for sharing. May your journey end with a take home baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your replies. My first cycle resulted in no fertilisation. My second treatment - failed implantation. Although I did raise the issue of down regulation with my consultant she seemed to have no idea about adenomyosis and it's impact.

I am just hoping I find the strength to cycle again. Thanks for all the info. Good luck to all the ladies who are yet to achieve their dreams.

Life sometimes is so hard and cruel when everyone seems to get pregnant at the drop of a coin.

Wishing you all a happy festive season and every blessing for the year ahead.

Mercy x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lori - Thank you for sharing your story and I'm sorry for your loss, hopefully you will have success soon. Thank you so much for the link on Kelton - I didn't know this about him either and hadn't seen that article... thank you. I have already shared it with some others that are looking into their adenomyosis as well. I love it when we share our knowledge on what we have found out along the way, as it helps everyone else as well.

I'm not sure how much you know about natural killer cells (NK Cells) and immune issues, but for years I was given the standard protocol with 2 popular FS's from different clinics.... clexane, low dose predsinolone, antibotics in some of those cycles. Then, one day (thank goodness) I stumbled across the NK Cell forum here on Bubhub - and I started looking into it more. I asked my FS if he could do a biopsy (simple scratch - well it was for me) and he agreed. By then, I had heard of Dr Matthias in Sydney. When those results came in, my FS said there were no issues. Thanking the universe I was onto Dr M already and I thanked my FS, sent the results to Dr M and he said my CD56/57 was extremely high and there was really no point in doing anymore IVF as it would be a waste of money. He ran more bloods, and the rest is history really.

This was my 3rd SA/ED cycle and I was feeling the pressure. This time round I was on 2mg Dexamethasone, IVIg prior to transfer, IVIg on BFP, Clexane, Baby Asprin and Neupogen injections. I also take fish oil & Vit E (lowers inflammation), 2 VB per day (heard good for endo) and the other usual vitamins. 6 months prior to this on my other cycle, I had tried, Humira, LIT twice, clexane, 15-20mg prednisolone. I also have had extremely high cytokines (43.9, they should be under 30) - however this is a test that can only be run overseas. I suggest, if you haven't already, in reading through from start to finish the NK Cell forum on here. I have also tried intralipids, which lots of girls do now, but for me, I believe it caused a flare, as after trialing it, my cytokines were still in the 40's, so it obviously didnt do me any favours.

Good luck with your next cycle x x o o

Thanks
    Reviews
    SootyMay, huge congratulations, so very very happy for you!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!
    :
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 14-12-2014 at 22:33.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sootymay, a BIG congrats to you, how exciting!! Must be such a surreal feeling!
    We had our 8th unsuccessful cycle & it has really taken it's toll emotionally. Like you Sootymay, I have never had a BFP. It's so deflating.
    I saw Dr Kelton for a second opinion & really liked him, but after reviewing their sperm donor options have decided to stay with CFC.
    Sootymay, would you mind sharing the exact protocol he did for you? I want to share this approach with my FS & with any luck, our next one will also be a positive!! Fingers crossed.
    All the best with your pregnancy x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful Mama For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (21-12-2014)