+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Allyfunk.
    Toots ... I hope you don't mind me asking how long did you down regulate with zoladex? How many eggs did they retrieve. Stories like this does give me hope. Although, I sometimes feel alone during this journey. I have an anti flexed uterus which is more to the left. I found embryo transfer hard.
    I hope i have the strength to cycle again. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great to hear some more success stories. It gives me the strength to keep going when I know that this process works!
    AFM I am on my second week of stims aiming for Friday EPU (I hope). I have around 20 follies of which just under half are very slow growing (hence long stim period) which may be due to the zolodex turning everything off. Anybody else have experience with this? Very surprised with the number of follies as we were aiming for 6 and under. There may be some empty ones there as the hormone levels are ok according to the nurses.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

So I saw my gyno last week who have me crinone pessaries. That has stopped the spotting. I've also had blood tests and my HCG was quite high, but was doubling and going well.

I have my first scan tomorrow and to be honest- I'm scared as hell. I've had pretty bad mild cramping and heartburn ( I had to get of my reflux med when I found out) and I've just been taking tums ( which doesn't help )

I've had awful nausea- however, I'm
    Putting it down to the crinone gel.

My scan is tomorrow- so I'll let you know how I go....praying to God for a strong heartbeat! So far I'm
    6 weeks and 4 days!!

Keep me in your prayers-

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllyFunk For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (12-11-2014),sootymay  (22-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercy14 View Post
    Congrats Allyfunk.
    Toots ... I hope you don't mind me asking how long did you down regulate with zoladex? How many eggs did they retrieve. Stories like this does give me hope. Although, I sometimes feel alone during this journey. I have an anti flexed uterus which is more to the left. I found embryo transfer hard.
    I hope i have the strength to cycle again. X
    Hi Mercy14,

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I couldn't log in for some reason. Anyhow, I only had one zoladex implant which lasted for four weeks, I was also on syranel and continued taking that for about a total of six weeks before I started stims. They also started me on prednisalone (steriods) as my doc suspected I may have immune issues. The whole cycle was about a two month process. I had a frozen embryo transfer from my first ivf cycle where I had 8 eggs collected and we got 5 good Embreyos. IT would have been very tough having to go through a fresh cycle and egg pickup, I found that extremely hard the first time round.

Good luck and you're not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ally - how did your scan go, I hope it was all ok?

Toots - Congrats !!

Well blow me down with a feather, I seem to be pregnant (2nd BT 137 at 9dp5dt) and its still sinking in. I down regged for 3 months with 3 zoladex injections and then onto lucrin for approx 2 weeks. Amazingly my lining scan one week out, was 11.2mm - higher than it normally is at 10ish. (I did also have immune issues and are on heavy duty drugs for this) - but I am sure the zoladex played a big role as it halved my u/volume from what it was.

I just wanted to say that Dr Kirby, who I had 2 phone consults with and Dr Tremellan in Adelaide are amazing - giving me the time to discuss concerns with them. He is such a caring man and when I emailed him, he replied that day, saying Congrats and to spread the word about adneo playing a role in implantation failure as many Dr's dont believe its a problem. (I've had 4 IVF Drs and sonographers always just say "oh you've got adneo, but you'd know that" and that was that... like "oh its raining today".......

He has done a lot of research and his findings show it does affect implantation. Hold on girls, as this is my first ever bfp in 5 years and the first time treating the adneo - so I am sure its played a big role.

xo
    Last edited by sootymay; 05-12-2014 at 04:44.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (03-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Sooty May, that's awesome news! I've been reading along hoping for some more BFP'S. I'm so happy the zoladex worked for you. Wishing you a speedy and healthy 9 months x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Sooty May!

thats wonderful news!! My scan has gone well so far. However, they found I have a small blood clot around my uterus. It's no where near the baby- thank God, but it does stress me. I often wonder if that's the adno? I'm currently using crinone pessaries to support my uterus until the 12 week mark. I'm currently 9 weeks. Im
    praying super hard my baby continues to stick. So far so good! You worry about getting your BFP and then you worry about the first 12 weeks- what a roller coaster! God bless you all x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AllyFunk For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to you too Ally funk! Sorry, I missed you last night! I shared my story with adeno earlier in this thread. Seems to be such an unknown condition but causes so much trouble.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats sooty may and ally. I haven't decided if I should pursuade my consultant to try me on zoladex/Prostap as she did not seem to know much about it. Just wanted to start a fresh cycle when I am ready. Has anyone got any research articles to show that adeno definitely causes implantation failure as I can probably take it along during my visit.

Thanks for for all the success stories. I hope I get to see a positive. This process is so hard.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mercy14 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Again,

The thing is- the first Dr I saw told me that adno does cause infertility and wanted me to go on Syranel for 3 months to try and shrink the adno.

I wasn't happy with that approach and sought a 2nd opinion. My new gyno told me it's all rubbish and that my endometriosis was making it hard for me to fall pregnant not my actual adno. He suggested I not do Syranel and try naturally and if no luck go for IVF. I fell naturally- only 5 days short before starting IVF.

My new obg gyn who I have been referred to also comforted me in saying that Adno is all a big hype and there have been no studies to prove it can cause implantation failure.

I truly don't know.....all I can go from is my experience....I was told I had severe endo and adno and I'd never fall naturally....so far , so good!!!