+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This evening's epiphany - thank you Bubbleandme - is that what I did wrong the first time I was single and pregnant was not celebrate it enough. I was too busy fretting and planning and took no time to be joyous. And didn't know enough people in Australia that I felt comfortable with, really.

So this time I'm going to have a blessingway. I shall find my inner hippy. Birthing beads and belly painting and the whole shebang.

So, what does everybody else have planned to celebrate their new baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    how is everyone going?
    SPC i read your post in another section about some news you got about your pregnancy... how are you feeling?
    FOB has moved away, we havent spoken since he left. i have a 16wk ultrasound on monday, im going to ask if they can guess the gender. ive felt bubs move, it's early, but nice and makes it more real. im going to a hens night tonight, looking forward to it, i need a break from 8month old conversation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    had 16week scan to check bleed, which has completely healed itself, yay. also found out i'm having a BOY!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hey everyone

im pregnant with my 2nd child. im only 6 weeks along so still very new.

since falling preg, i have lost 90% of my friends, ones ive known since high school. (roughly 12 years ive known them) and they have turned there backs, become biatchy and nasty behind my back, and are currently trying to turn all mutual friends against me. ive found it so hard to deal with, im a strong person by nature, but pregnancy hormones have taken over and im struggling because im such a social person and really want to make new friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Welcome PrincessMJ! Sorry to hear you'e having a rough time with friends, that sucks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks LG!! yeah it sure does suck. they seem to be under the impression there taxes will pay for my baby LOL. what a load of crap. its because they want me to abort and i wont listen to them. so they have turned nasty. quite upsetting. but life goes on and i hope to make new friends.

is there many single mums on here from brisbane?? i have not been on this site in years so i have no clue if theres still teh same people or not. im guessing not haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are a tiny number of people still here from years ago (me included, but I wasn't single back when I joined), but not many. I'm in Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for others

Hi,

I am 30 years old and 29 weeks pregnant. I broke up with the baby's father before the end of my first trimester after a short relationship and haven't heard from him since.

I am financially stable so I am going to raise the baby alone without his support unless he suddenly decides he cares about the baby.

I have had a terribly lonely pregnancy but my family is getting better at supporting me.

Just wondering if there are other single pregnant women in Canberra that would like to meet up for a coffee and a chat?
    Last edited by New to the Dubb; 07-03-2011 at 12:19. Reason: Typo

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi PrincessMJ - there are a few single mums in Brisbane. We have a playgroup here in melboure -second sunday single parent's playgroup - you can find it on facebook - and there are a few Brissy grils in it, but they don't meet regularly. Maybe you could motivate them! Congratulations on the baby. I think losing friends with pregnancy is sort of par for the course. But you'll make more suitable ones who actually understand. All my closest friends now have been found on the hub over the last 3 years since I fell pregnant with my daughter.

Experience - Hurrah for having a boy! You must be very relieved to see he's doing well. Any pictures?

AFM - had a bit of a scare with my blood pressure the other day, but I ha d a big chill out and bath and did nothing over the weekend and I'm feeling better now. But I have made a note to slooooow down. 17 weeks and feeling some movement. Booking appointment is tomorrow. Donor is 'very busy', which I think is code for 'not coping well and needs some distance'. He came over and cuddled a bit the other week and I think the bump weirded him out somewhate. And we're still househunting.

Found this awesome free guide to breastfeeding!! It's a reasonable sized file, and American, but the best thing I've seem in ages.

http://www.womenshealth.gov/pub/BF.General.pdf

Edit: welcome New to the Dub! I hope we have some Canberra people here? I was in a very similar porition with my daughter, FOB was last seen at 6 weeks gestation. There are plenty of us in that position. It is not an easy thing to be alone and pregnant. But two years on and I'm so happy I'm having another one by myself with a donor and we have an awesome community of single mums. We have a big group in Melbourne but also people in Sydney, Tassie and Bribane who catch up as often as we can. We have a monthly catch up here if you are ever in Melbourne? It's lovely for our children to have friends who are in exactly the same boat, especially for those of us who have 'high achieving' FOBs who are absent through choice.
    Last edited by SPC; 07-03-2011 at 12:27.