+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LG Hope you have been well!!

MamaKoala- Hope all goes well at the Doctor today

As for me I am at work.. and a bit unmotivated really I only have two weeks til I start my annual and Maternity Leave so I am super excited about that!!

My son starts High School on Monday - aww he is so grown up now!

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mamakoala - How did you go with the doctor? It's so exciting that you are planing a homebirth. I'm going to be very envious. Not brave enough to home VBAC, but I dream about it. Will your children be there?

Bountiful - welcome and big congratulations! Have you seen SMCAustralia? Known donor or the expensive kind?

Experience88 - how is your house situation going?

Kat4 - high school - wow. And maternity leave - what do you have planned? I planned to go to aquamums but ended up with preeclampsia instead! I'm going to go earlier this time.

AFM - 12 weeks today! Had a scan, recommended by GP to a local man in Buleen who was useless. He just did two measurements and gave me a grainy imagine and a bill for $170. So I'm going back to Monash on Tuesday to have the same person who did Esme's 12 weeks scan. Much more expensive but so worth it to actually see detail like heart structure and kidneys and count the fingers. I don't want to wait til 20 weeks to find out if my baby has all the relevant bits, when they can be seen at 12 weeks if they bother to look.

Hope everybody else is having a good week. Updates please! Randomest icon ever: Anyone into fishing?

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    SPC - What a waste of money that guy turned out to be. At least when I had my scans with DD, although he was 'all business' he checked everything. I asked where the TV screen was because most places have them now (even at the hospitals) and he said 'this is a diagnostic testing facility, not really a place for parents to watch a movie of their baby'. He did tell me it was a girl and gave me a pretty crappy print out of her profile though. Printed the same one out 4 times but meh, I wont go back to him this time.
    I hope your next appt is better.

kat - high school.. wow. I'm going to be so sad when my boys hit puberty lol.

experience88 I hope everything is going well for you.

AFM I spoke to one of the midwives yesterday and she sounds awesome. I really hope we click when I meet her.
    I asked the Dr to give me a copy of the blood results and she looked stunned that I asked. Asked me why? I said because I want them. She said I can pick up a copy when they come back. Fancy a patient asking for her own records....
    m/s has been kicking my bum this afternoon. I have to eat every 2 hours and I've already gained 4kgs. I'm a bit nervous about it. I don't generally care about my weight but with DS1 I stacked it on and ended up with high blood pressure and 4kgs of fluid by 36 weeks. I want to stay low risk so I can birth at home.
    Still haven't told my mother. Tomorrow is the day. She walked in tonight and asked if we were going to have a good day tomorrow (I'm helping with the garden) and I said yes. I don't know if she'll feel that way tomorrow when I tell her. I feel like a teenager instead of a 29 year old.
    All the kids are with their Dad for the weekend. Hopefully I can have a little sleep in and enjoy the silence. I love them but sometimes I love quiet more. Especially when I feel sick.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

And no I'm not too fussed on fishing, I end up feeling too guilty when I catch one

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told mum this morning. She laughed hysterically for 5 minutes and then said she was fine. Said 'babies are lovely and precious gifts'. So not as bad as I thought it would be. She's not too keen on my home birth plan but I think once she speaks to the midwives about how sanitary it will be she'll be ok (she thinks the house isn't sterile enough for birthing).
    So YAY. I've told her to keep it quiet for now. We're not telling the boys for a little while yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcomes I've gotten 3 BFPs since I last posted with FR so am pleased that all is happening as it should...

I'm not quite 5 weeks along and I am SO tired! Like leaning against the wall in the middle of the day tired LOL My 5yr old son has Asperger's so he's really testing me, but is excited about being a big brother -- I haven't 'told' him as such, but we've had conversations for awhile now about how he would feel if I was to have another baby in my belly...

As for MS, it may be psychosomatic but I swear I've gone off just about everything apart from carbs O_o I was having lunch at the shopping centre with my mum, munching away on my chicken salad and as I caught a waft of sushi roll from the person sitting near us I thought I was going to vomit, haven't eaten anything for the rest of the day so I'm guessing I'll be losing weight before I reach the end of the first trimester LOL

I'm doing shared care with my GP which is something new for me - I birthed in Tassie first time around and it was either ob clinic or midwives centre ... no birth centre for me the 2nd time because my first was an emerg. c/section (prem labour, spontaneous and breech to boot!) which is a shame, I want to maximise my chances for a VBAC as much as possible, I do NOT want to be sliced open again and put out of action for 5 days!

My family know, apart from my dad because he's on FIFO work at the moment and won't be here til Wednesday .... mum is quietly happy for me I think, we've been discussing prams and my moving into a bigger place etc. so while she isn't wanting to focus on the DONOR aspect, she's supportive of me. Love that woman even if she is a little intense!

SPC - I'm on SMC actually, joined last year Know donor at home, there's nothing physically 'wrong' with me, just absent a penis and some sperm so I saved some money and used a syringe and a smile LOL
    Boy that sonographer sounds like a right sod! I say don't pay the bill, but that's just my stubborn side coming out!

MamaKoala - I'll be so envious of your HB too! I really want one but it's just not feasible for me with my history of prem birth - I'll be fighting tooth and nail for a VBAC though and an active one at that ... if they try and lay me down they'll be losing fingers LOL I'm super glad that your mum is over the moon, it's great to have that support isn't it.

kat4 - Enjoy your Mat. leave!

I'll be back to update on Thursday after my BT results come in -- it'll be an agonising wait but I have patience!

Stass xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Is anyone having the FOB at the birth? I'm friends with him so I said that if he wants to he can come along. I sometimes wonder if I really want him there, mainly from the perspective that I'm not sure I want him seeing me 'like that' iykwim But at the same time, I will be 'in the zone', so I may not really care who is in the room. Plus he is a great guy and I do think it would be nice to have his support during labour and I do want him to experience seeing his child born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey everyone, havent been on for a little bit. i have my 12 wk u/s on the 7th of feb, looking forward to it because i've still been spotting browny stuff, and have been for over 3 weeks now. so i guess i just want to know what's happening 'in there'. DD has two little top teeth now, and boy did she let me know about it! she has been terrible with the hot weather (i'm in melbourne...40 degrees today, eughhh). i've let everyone know about my pregnancy, and i must say, with the exception of my two sisters and my dad, everyone is really supportive, FOB included. LG, i would love him to be at the birth, he was there last time.

i didnt get my 10 week bloods done, not sure why, just couldnt be bothered. DD got her immunisations the other day, and after all the blood tests i had a few weeks ago (to 'confirm the mc'), i need some needle free weeks.

the past few weeks i've felt EXHAUSTED, not just because of the pregnancy, but DD was waking up 4-5 times during the night and i was never getting a full sleep. but i've changed up her bottles and her food and she is sleeping right through, BLISS!!

oh and also she is 7 months and nearly walking, so you can imagine how much she is falling over!! i can never leave the room, lol, it is cute though. i cant imagine having two babies 14 months apart! being pregnant seems like the easy part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    hey everyone! Just wondering what plan you guys have in place for getting to hospital when you go into labour. I expect I'll be living on my own with DS when this baby is due and it occurred to me the other day that I don't know what I'll do when I go into labour. I won't have a partner there to drive me to hospital.

With DS I went to 42 weeks, and drove myself to hospital while in pre-labour (painless, was 4cm when I got there though, lucky me ), XH was in the car, though I just figured I'd drive because I wasn't in pain and it was my car.

Do you have a plan in place?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

LG to answer both your questions

Yes, if FOB wants to be at my HOME birth (I'll need to make that clear to him because I think he ignored me the first time lol) then he can. As long as he doesn't spray his negative energy all over me and my birth space.
    He's a strange one. He doesn't like the idea of homebirths but HATES hospitals and turns into this horrible ogre as soon as he walks through the doors. I would expect that he would be happier that I would be staying at home so he doesn't have to feel uncomfortable.
    Because he lives an hour away I expect it will take him some time to get here. So he may miss it, depending on how quickly I realise I'm in labour and how quick bub decides to come. If nothing else I expect he'd walk in just before I push bub out.

The answer to your other question: With DD, FOB drove me to the hospital. I called him as soon as I was in labour. I also called my brother to watch my boys. It took my bro an hour to get there so FOB got them ready for school while I laboured. He then drove me the 15 minutes to the hospital. He kept trying to roll the windows up but I was so hot I yelled at him lol. HE was good about it but ended up missing the birth.

Could you ask your Dad to drive you?
    In my instance if I needed to go to hospital, an ambulance would probably be called to transfer me.

Be back after school drop

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Ladies!!

How is everyone travelling?

LG When I go into labour I plan on calling my mum or dad and if worse comes to worse I will call a Taxi!!

I am not having FOB in with me when i give birth as I want it to be as stress free as possible and I don't think he would be a good support, however he will be welcome to wait in the waiting room if he chooses to so that he is able to see him when he is first born

experience88- Good luck with the Ultrasound- same day as my one I can't wait!

Bountiful- How are you going?? are you still really tired??

AFM- I had my Obs appt today all is going well so I am happy! just over 28 weeks now!!

As for FOB have invited fim to next ultrasound, will see if he turns up or not! it's all give give give these days and nothing in return. My lil man started high school on Monday and he is loving it- I wonder how long that will last!!

Have a great day everyone