+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by experience88 View Post
    we havent gotten along since DD was conceived lol but he was at her birth, i guess when it all happened and the excitement was there, i wanted him there and he wanted to be there. maybe it'll be the same this time.. it's hard to say... i didnt know two people could get along as badly as we do.

Was it weird having him there? were you amicable before that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kat4 View Post
    Was it weird having him there? were you amicable before that?

it wasn't weird having him there. i thought it would be weird, because i thought it would be weird birthing infront of anyone, but when it all actually happened i really didnt care and i wanted him there. we have never been amicable and even today we have been on the phone battling each other through child support. i guess when i went into labour (and the first few weeks after DD was born) we had that warm fuzzy feeling and felt all close and connected. but it wore off real quick.

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kat - definitely be cautious if he is so changeable. How will he react when he gets the letter from the CSA??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlepregnantchick View Post
    Kat - definitely be cautious if he is so changeable. How will he react when he gets the letter from the CSA??

I'm pretty sure he will fly off the handle.. Have decided to leave it all and just deal with it all when we get there... 13 weeks to go, may as well make them as stress free as possible!

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    They all seem to that the same script, Kat. They play at being 'reasonable', then they make threats, favorite one being that they'll go for custody if you ask for CS, [like having 50% care will be cheaper than paying CS!!], and then there is some major sulking when they realise this is for life and they can't just choose not to be involved. I was really lucky with Esme because her father, although completely absent, has been very civil. But most people here seem to spent the first year of single motherhood being manipulated and verbally abused. I'd advise taking the first few weeks post birth to enjoy your baby before rattling that cage. Hope you're feeling well?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SPC For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (22-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Singlepregnantchick: thanks for the advice, I refuse to take any more crap of him and all dealings with him after bubba is born will be with my dad or another trusted male present or not at all.. what about you how are you going??? How far are you now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I hope it's not too early for me to join this little group? I got a LSP/BFP yesterday morning and am Due October 4th

This will be my 2nd, my first child (a son) is turning 5 next month and has just started big school lol

Like SPC, I'm a sole parent by choice this time around -- I used a donor and conceived this little sprinkle on the third try!

I'm on the Gold Coast so if anyone wants to meet up some day I'd really like that, I don't have many friends down here, they're all in Brisbane.

Stace xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bountiful View Post
    Hi all,
    I hope it's not too early for me to join this little group? I got a LSP/BFP yesterday morning and am Due October 4th

wooo hooo on the BFP!!...

Hope your feeling ok... has morning sickness kicked in yet??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ohh, I totally forgot about this thread, thought I should join!

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Bountiful and LG
    I have a blood test this morning. Well I have a Dr appt and I hope I get a blood test out of it.
    I'm planning a homebirth so I want my initial bloods so I can choose a midwife. So far 3 have responded and are available so that is promising.
    The price is a bit of a worry, only because i don't have the initial outlay right now. I get some money in April when my term deposit matures. Hopefully I can figure something out.

As I had birthed 2 babies with my ex I didn't have much trouble birthing the third with him. He really wasn't helpful and I didn't want him touching me.
    He actually missed the birth of DD because he was parking the car and having a smoke while on the phone and slowly walking back. I couldn't hold on any longer so I had her and he walked in just as they were emptying the bath. He was very upset but it will teach him to be so slow next time..... This time he lives an hour from me so I will have to get a hold of him straight away and he will need to leave immediately to ensure he makes it. My last birth was 3.5 hours so I anticipate it being the same or less. This is one reason why I want to birth at home. I don't want to rush and that horrible PAINFUL car ride to the hospital was my undoing last time. I transitioned in the car. It was awful.

My m/s has all but gone and I'm a little concerned. I might ask for a dating scan to be sure everything is ok. I just don't like the idea of an U/S before 12 weeks. Maybe I could just get some HCG tests over the next week. We'll see. Depends what my results are from today.

Well I've rambled enough and I need to get the big boys to school and off to the Dr's.