+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be interested in joining your FB page! Great idea!

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry for the absence - been away visiting one of the BH single mummies on a little holiday. I reckon it'll be near impossible with two, so I thought I'd better travel now!

Experience88 - how are things going for you? Did they suspect you were having twins and lost one - that sounds likely to me with the drop in HCG but having a bub still present. I hope you're looking after yourself. I'm in Melbourne too.

Kat4 - welcome and congratulations! A FB group sounds like a good plan - it's always nice to see faces.

Tainted - nearly there! How are you feeling? I gave Esme my surname as FOB is unlikely to be around and I feel it makes us more of a family unit. She delights in referring to me by my full name, especially when she is cross, which is very cute.

Theboysandme - 5 weeks to go and only now a 'little waddly', you must be going well. It's great that FOB is helping out, but over time you will get your independent woman back. Honestly, I sometimes wonder if I am too independent.

Mamakoala - how are you managing with a full house and early pregnancy? I am quite envious of your matching sibset - though over time I'm come to reconcile myself with having a varied brood. How are your older children feeling about having a new baby?

AFM - My morning sickness kicked in with force today and I found myself loosing breakfast in bush in the park - a whole new experience for me. I'm wondering if it's just the all pregnancies are different or if it means something in terms of gender or just a different FOB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlepregnantchick View Post
    Experience88 - how are things going for you? Did they suspect you were having twins and lost one - that sounds likely to me with the drop in HCG but having a bub still present. I hope you're looking after yourself. I'm in Melbourne too.
    wow i'd never even considered that, i just thought of it as 'one of those things'. i'll definitely be googling it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Singlepregnantchick View Post
    AFM - My morning sickness kicked in with force today and I found myself loosing breakfast in bush in the park - a whole new experience for me. I'm wondering if it's just the all pregnancies are different or if it means something in terms of gender or just a different FOB
    i had absolutely no nausea with DD, this pregnancy i feel sick and it comes in waves- every few days. christmas was the worst, i could hardly eat(or look at) anything. i am pregnant to the same person, so maybe this time we are having boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking boy for me too! Are you due to have another scan soon or waiting til 12 weeks? I'm having my 10 week bloods this week and then the scan in 2 another 2 weeks. Not sure who to take with me for the scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    well i've handed my paperwork into the hospital (i'm doing shared care again), and they will book me into that clinic, so my first appt will prob be start of next week, and i will ask for an ultrasound before 12 weeks because of the bleeding i've had.... oh my god, i just realised i have a doctors appt in 10 minutes to get blood results back. DD is sleeping, argghhhh what a rush, better be go ,bye!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok i rescheduled it for tomorrow, pheww. i was going to ask you SPC, does your FOB want involvement in the pregnancy/do you want him involved and do his family know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He'll be around, as an 'uncle'. I think I'd like him at the birth, oddly enough, because I would like some physical contact in terms of hugging etc and he does good hugs. But we'll see. Will your be at the birth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    we havent gotten along since DD was conceived lol but he was at her birth, i guess when it all happened and the excitement was there, i wanted him there and he wanted to be there. maybe it'll be the same this time.. it's hard to say... i didnt know two people could get along as badly as we do.

brydz is offline blessed with everyone amazing in my life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medot View Post

The naming issue isn't as easy as that (not sure from state to state). FOB and I are disputing the surname thing as he wants his, I want mine. The forms are with BDM and due to the dispute, they have to contact him but he has a month to respond which means stalling child support (no birth cert), and possibility of reduced family tax benefit (not sure which one offhand).

BDM informed me that if the dispute is not resolved by the parents they make the call and in most cases use both names in alphabetical order.
    Yes here in Victoria they told me the exact same thing. I however have chosen to give bub his fathers surname, even if he's being a prat at the moment. I'd prefer bub to know where he comes from and though we are having hurdles atm i am sure in time he will be a good and involved father.

our form is still at BDM being looked at over a MIDDLE NAME dispute. I really don't care what the result is, whether he ends up with the one his father wants now or none at all. At least I got to pick his beautiful first name and even if they go with HIS choice I can tell my family that BDM decided and they can get the F over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!!

I am thinking of calling FOB and asking him about names- surnames how much involvement he is thinking of having and the birth- what he wants

Not sure if I should ask him all these things or just do what I want to do and now worry about what he wants - if anything at all!!

We speak every now and then on the phone but I still can't get over the hurt of how horrible he was to me when I was first pregnant and up until 20 weeks when he was talling me to have an abortioN!- he reckonks that he has changed and loves me blah blah blah but wo knows.... maybe its because he has lost his licence and needs someone to drive him around. He has not once asked if there was anything that he could get for the baby or if we needed anything- maybe that should tell me something!

meh ah well vent over

Hope that everyone is well and to those who have had scans and bloods- hope everything is looking perfect for you!!