+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Single Pregnant Chat

Any other single pregnant people out there? I'm 37, expecting a second baby in August, and would love other people in similar circumstances to hare the journey with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey I am recently single and am due in 6 weeks.... eeek!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello! That's exciting - do you know what you're having? I'm only 9 weeks, so it's still early days. Will the father of the baby be at the birth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey there - yeah another boy

I already have a DS who turns 3 in April. I am still undecided about whether exDH will be there or not. We tried for this baby together and had been married 5 years - together for 10 years so I kinda feel like I shouldn't MAKE him miss out on the birth. I might just have someone else with me for support as well.

We are starting counseling today to try to be able to be civil around each other... not to get back together - but just to stop of fighting EVERY time we see each other. Would be so much easier if we split before we had started a family.

How about you - do you have much contact with FOB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    Yep I'm single and preggers. 30 weeks tomorrow yay!!
    Congrats on your pregnancy, how are you finding it so far?
    Mine has been really easy which I'm very greatful for but starting to get uncomfortable now, not sure I can last another 10 weeks!!
    This is my first bub and I'm having a little girl

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm single, 29 and 5 weeks with my 4th baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm single, turn 30 in 4wks & 6/7eks preg with first. Bit scared but I'm sure all will be good

Thanks
    Reviews
    TB&M - congratulations on another boy - have you kept your DS's baby things? How is the mediation going? I think I read elsewhere that you're having some couple's therapy? I guess as it's your second birth you'll have a clear idea of how much help he'd be and what you need during labour. Have you thought about hiring a doula? I'm considering either a doula or an independent midwife.

Kimmie- 30 weeks - you're on the final leg. Do you have much support? I seem to remember those last few weeks being really uncomfortable - little legs stretching out had me in tears and rolling over in bed was a mission in itself.

MamaKoala and Aimtzar - we're all due within weeks of each other.

AFM; I had my daughter alone, as FOB ran for the hills when I was 6 weeks pregnant. It was only a causal relationship and he's being good and paying CS, so I really have little to complain about. I'm 37 and really didn't want him to have effectively deprived Esme of both a father and siblings, so I decided to have another baby by myself rather than dash into a relationship just to have a baby. I have a good friend who agreed to be my donor and after 5 months of trying we made a baby. It's a bit unusual but it means there will be an 'uncle' around for both my children and I will be able to consider repartnering at my leisure, some point in 2013 I imagine! It's a completely different pregnancy, physically and emotionally and so far, so good.

Tell me your stories!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive started a couple of other threads on here about how depressing im finding my situation.. but i'm.. laughing through the pain.. ha ha. i think i'm about 8 weeks pregnant. i went to the hospital about a week and a bit ago because i had some bleeding. they did a blood test (which has left my arm completely bruised, loooks awful), and compared it to an earlier test and said i'd miscarried because my numbers had gone down. two days later i had an ultra sound to confirm the mc, and there was a little beating heart, much to everyones suprise. apparently i have a fairly large haemorrhage, which could either, cause alot of problems, or be no trouble at all. i've had bleeding and spotting since then, so i'm getting another blood test in a few hours.
    i have a 6month old (who is now crawling!!), and the FOB and i weren't and havent been in a relationship. he pays cs, but that's about the extent of his involvement. he is the father of this baby too, and fairly pi**ed off about it lol. i don't know why, but this time we've hardly had any contact, and i've been really ok with it. while i was pregnant with DD i was outraged about how he just didnt care. i guess i'm happy to avoid the stress and drama, and i have DD to focus on..who has just done a poo. better get to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i just wanted to add... when i was pregnant with her, i was worried that she might look like him and whenever i'd look at her i'd always be reminded of him. as it turns out, she is a complete clone of him, you wouldnt even know she was my daughter, but i dont look at her and get sad or anything, i dont really even associate them. just an interesting thought. it'll be interesting to see how it turns out this time