+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoarsomeMum is offline Right to speak, responsibility to listen..
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Red face The "awkward" moments of the "honest" approach with kids

Who else does not want to leave the house without a "kid muzzle" these days?

Roar asks Lot's of questions.. LOTS of them.. all day everyday.. and I try to answer as honestly and accurately as I can.. I did learn a lesson when she was 2 with "where do babies come from" and she spent a month pointing at pregnant people shouting "Sex!!! Seeeeeeeeex!! LOOK MUM it's SEX!!!" and I thought to myself perhaps to much info for her to comprehend!

But lately it's magnified.. All the TIME..

Today was - FB Status - "Taking Roar out is simply a delight. Get to the shops and she is asked by the kind old teller if she wants a money box, Her reply "Um, Nah, I got no money, but yanno what? when you get grownd up you grow HAIR on your Gina! and when you get Really REALLY old it all falls out again! Isn't that amazing!! - Do you have hair lady?" *Glares at me* - No. "Hey Mum! She really REALLY old!"

Thats nothing to her meeting Santa.

Hey there beautiful girl, what would you like for Christmas?

Santa! Your not the real Santa he be Waaaaaaaaaaay too busy to sit round this time of year..

Um, So what would you like for Christmas?

A Penis.. Or a Brother.. Or just a penis would be O.K.. You a Boy, You already HAVE ONE so I should get one too..

Or following a Poor woman down the cleaning Isle and tugging on her dress to tell her "You got easy off Bam, that is Poison!!!!!!!"

Or asking the bank teller why she is showing a Lot of booby with no baby and no sex..

I think I just won't leave the house anymore.. I thought this started at Primary age not at 2!!!!!!! I have only had a years worth and I am freaking already..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RoarsomeMum For This Useful Post:

onkybear  (31-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh.my.freaking.god I haven't laughed so hard in blardy ages!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ha ha

i had a similiar conversation with dd this morning. She was pointing at her vigina and saying "look mummy, penis, penis PENIS" "no dd, that isn't a penis it's a vigina." "NO, PENIS!!!" "it is a vigina" she then got all stroppy and stomped out of the room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    hahaha oh dear, sorry but I had to laugh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL this made me laugh big time, my wee miss is also the same and she is nearly 6 and over the years its only got worse.

Only the other day she asked an old lady "why are your hands shaking"

or she will say "mum mum mum look at that fat person so disgusting don't they know to eat healthy"

we were at the beach and this middle aged lady reading the one the park bench and my miss says "hello why are you reading the news and no swimming, did you know my brother is a boy cos he has a penis and im a girl cos i have a vinga"

everyday i am faced with answering a million questions and school doesnt return till 24th jan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL this made me laugh big time, my wee miss is also the same and she is nearly 6 and over the years its only got worse.

Only the other day she asked an old lady "why are your hands shaking"

or she will say "mum mum mum look at that fat person so disgusting don't they know to eat healthy"

we were at the beach and this middle aged lady reading the paper on the park bench and my miss says "hello why are you reading the news and no swimming, did you know my brother is a boy cos he has a penis and im a girl cos i have a vinga"

everyday i am faced with answering a million questions and school doesnt return till 24th jan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh thank GOD I am not alone!!! Most of the time I'd like to laugh too! (if she was not holding my hand!!!!!!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoarsomeMum View Post
    Who else does not want to leave the house without a "kid muzzle" these days?

Roar asks Lot's of questions.. LOTS of them.. all day everyday.. and I try to answer as honestly and accurately as I can.. I did learn a lesson when she was 2 with "where do babies come from" and she spent a month pointing at pregnant people shouting "Sex!!! Seeeeeeeeex!! LOOK MUM it's SEX!!!" and I thought to myself perhaps to much info for her to comprehend!

But lately it's magnified.. All the TIME..

Today was - FB Status - "Taking Roar out is simply a delight. Get to the shops and she is asked by the kind old teller if she wants a money box, Her reply "Um, Nah, I got no money, but yanno what? when you get grownd up you grow HAIR on your Gina! and when you get Really REALLY old it all falls out again! Isn't that amazing!! - Do you have hair lady?" *Glares at me* - No. "Hey Mum! She really REALLY old!"

Thats nothing to her meeting Santa.

Hey there beautiful girl, what would you like for Christmas?

Santa! Your not the real Santa he be Waaaaaaaaaaay too busy to sit round this time of year..

Um, So what would you like for Christmas?

A Penis.. Or a Brother.. Or just a penis would be O.K.. You a Boy, You already HAVE ONE so I should get one too..

Or following a Poor woman down the cleaning Isle and tugging on her dress to tell her "You got easy off Bam, that is Poison!!!!!!!"

Or asking the bank teller why she is showing a Lot of booby with no baby and no sex..

I think I just won't leave the house anymore.. I thought this started at Primary age not at 2!!!!!!! I have only had a years worth and I am freaking already..
    Frickin' hilarious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I could enjoy the hilarity from afar!!!!! It's kinda awkward being the parent that all heads swivel to look at with their "judgey, judgey" eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only she had the ability to be quiet for more than 2 seconds!!!!!!!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    wait up a moment- pubic hair falls out??? i never ever knew that! LOL looks like i need to learn from your DD, she can come round here and tell me everything!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

peanutbutter&jelly  (02-01-2011),RoarsomeMum  (02-01-2011)