+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pumpernickel - Renoir.. I get a tear in my eye when I imagine your little heartbeat. I can't believe in a week and a half i will get the same thing! Amazing

I had another BT today just to make sure everthing is going OK. It has risen up to 9443! I am still on a doubling time of 42 hrs or something. That's awesome. Now I am able to relax and accept for the first time since I've been told. I've been feeling like a fraud when I tell people I'm pregnant. Like I am just playing at being pregnant. Now I can believe it! (sort of) lol.

Danni

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    woohoo danni, awesome result!!

My FS wants another scan in 2 weeks, does anyone know why that would be? Just routine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    to Pumper and Renoir on bubba heartbeat !! What an awesome time. I bet most of us here is looking forward to hear our lil bub's heartbeat too. for smooth pregnancy until full term.

Toshe - Oh, you poor dear. The wait in every stage is already killing and you gotta wait some more. I suppose like Pippi said, maybe heartbeat will be stronger The time will fly pass quickly.

Jacklicky - Yes... no drinking if you are breastfeeding. Hehehe, I know it's hard.. just think that you can have all the drinks after bubba is done with breast feeding

Katie - for MS. It's not a pleasant feeling but it's all worth it. Hope it will ease off soon for your.

Dannis - Hahha I hear you. I felt the same too when I told a couple of close girl friends that I am pregnant. It didn't feel like I was.. soo weird. It seems like only ladies with bub belly is pregnant and not us yet. for fantastic results on BT.

Summa - I am also counting down the days to our bub HB scan. Seems forever. Blame the hormones for change of mood easily

Pippi - My boobs are also sore during the nights - especially when turning around in bed. for bubba to grow well.

AFM, nothing much of concern. Just counting the days to my next BT on Thursday and then HB scan the week after. I can't wait for all of us to pass the 1st Trimester... Would be soo exciting. Lotsa for smooth pregnancy ahead. Grow well lil bubbas.... Made us proud mommies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me again

I saw my GP this afternoon. He won't refer me to the public hospital until I'm 20 weeks at least, does that sound right? He kept saying I was high risk and I needed a doctor who deals with IVF pregnancies. I said but I should just be a normal pregnancy now and he said 'yes, theoretically' and was concerned about just being seen by a registrar publicly who will only refer me on if he can't deal with it. I don't want to go privately Other than the conception issue why are we treated differently?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Pumper....so glad you got to see the heartbeat. I dont know why he wouldnt refer you to the hospital. I got a referal last time from the GP as soon as I went in....Id maybe just go to the GP and ask for a referral if you really want one...and book in....it doesnt mean you have to go there!!!!

Maybe because of the slow start they want to keep an eye on you...not sure why else they would be talking about keeping you for 20wks....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jacklicky. GP said to come back in 4 weeks so we can organise the 12week scan. I'll ask again then but in the meantime I might just call the hospital and see what the normal routine is without mentioning IVF or else mention IVF once she's told me what happens normally and then see if it changes.

(Three more sleeps until your BT!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pumpernickel - I get the impression that once you have your 8 weeks scan (or some milestone like that) the FS will write a letter to your obst/GP confirming pregnancy and probably telling him any pertinant information. Repromed do that after my 8 week scan. With me- and I assume the other chicks there - a few weeks later, at week 11, they do another BT to look at progesterone/estragen levels and see if I am ready to be 'weaned' lol. Yes that's their term. At that point I don't have anything more to do with them. It seems there is a bit of a transition from FS to Obs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Danni

I'm in Cairns and my FS is in Brisbane so I'm not actually seeing him for scans. My scan yesterday was just done at an xray place. So you're not being referred until almost 12 weeks either? That makes me feel better, thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    The nurse has already sent letter out for my ob stating the reasons why I underwent IVF. I think after my hb scan the FS will write a letter of confinement and that is it. Although I do have a choice to have my 12 scan there. But I see my ob during week 11 so I may get him to refer me.

I have found out why I am bloated aswell. When we digest food it takes longer as it is separating the nutrients from the food therefore our metabolism is slower. Which can cause wind, constipation and burping. I have been burping like mad recently which are sick burps. So now I finally know what I am going through. At least the bloating is a good thing and it is worth it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Danni - great results from BT!!!

Pumper - it's so unfair that we get treated differently because of IVF. We shouldn't even have to disclose this information unless we want too. It's not like others say 'my baby was conceived naturally' when booking in.

Pippi - at least there is a reason for bloating. I'm still seriously bloated with pain from OHSS. My ovaries are still very tender & sore & now I'm (sorry if TMI) dealing with constipation. I've eaten grapes, drank pear juice but still no good. It's really the only symptom though - no sore boobs or m/s - so it's a reminder that I'm actually UTD. I've been getting cramps on my tight side at night as well, anyone else been feeling crampy?

Toshe xx