+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    highhopes - yeah the other thread is huge and a little daunting though all the ladies seem very lovely. Some are almost 2 months ahead of us which seems like a lifetime, we are all just beginners

jacklicky, No drinking on your 40th if you're breastfeeding but hey it's all worth it or else you can if you're desperate, just express and toss the next batch lol

Thanks for the well wishes for tomorrow, it's booked for 9am so hopefully I'll have some news not long afterward. I'm seeing the GP late in the afternoon as we need to plan the next phase I guess.

I am quite ok if anyone wants to skip the queue and go before me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck Pumper, cant believe you get your scan before I even get my BT!

Dani, by the time we found out about IVF I never believed i would be under 40 so I just scrapped in but I know as a older mum I seemed to have alot more patients than my sisters who were younger when they had their first bubs.....I like to think it was my maturity

Pippi01, i dont actually drink....boring I know.....but yeah I hope to be bfing so I will probally just have a quiet 40th with family. If this is really happens for me I think it will be the best 40th birthday present ever!

Im only going to be 4wks tomorrow....and Im going to be the last of our group by a long shot. Toshe is on the 8/9 Ill be the 17/9 at the earliest I think! so you will all be busy with bubs and ill be here alone

Highhopes, my sept 08 birth group made a 'secret' facebook group and we ended up with about 40 mums....there are still 30 of us that talk nearly daily and we even had a meetup on the Gold Coast just after their 1st birthdays that about 30 of us all went to....So even though we were a large group it was so amazing to share the journey with so many different women.....

I agree its lovely to be in such a small group but dont not join in the bigger one....I think you will find both will help you at different stages of this amazing journey.

OK enough from me...Im talking alot considering Im not even officially part of the group yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jacklicky - you maybe the last on the list but anything can happen! You may beat us and have bubs a couple of weeks early! Although I don't wish that upon you!!

I was watching ABC news last night and the scientists in SA (I think) and Denmark have made a break through with IVF. Did anyone else hear about this? As of 2012 embryos will be cultured in the Petri dish with the uterus fluid as it is a natural body fluid which signals or supports the embryo on what it needs to do. The embryo won't feel foregin and this will increase the success rate of IVF transfers by 40%. When a woman concieves naturally the embryo floats in this fluid which helps the conception process.

That is really good to hear!!

Can't wait to hear your good news pumper!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ya ladies
    Just finally popping in to say hello.
    Things are getting so exciting and it is still very amazing.
    This thread is an awesome idea. I love following you girls your stories are so supportive.
    I had my viability scan on Tuesday and I got to hear and see a strong heart beat. My EDD is now the 27th of August. I am 7 weeks 1 day today.
    I really wish I could relax a bit more I can't shake the constant worry and fear of loosing the baby. I hope that I'll become more relaxed as I go along.
    I haven't suffered from ms I have just had sore (.)(.) and nipples.
    I have my next scan at 11 weeks when I visit the antenatal clinic. Can't wait to see the bubba again.
    Keep growing strong and steady all our little bubbas.
    Hope everyone has a grrreat day!
    Renae

Thanks
    Reviews
    Renoir - that must have been so amazing. It's all becoming so real now!!!

I'm on the iPhone so Would someone please add renae to the rollcall?

Pumper - I'll be popping in all day to see how your scan goes, which I believe you will be having about now. How exciting!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pippi - I saw that on the news also. This is a breakthrough for IVF. I've booked my confirmation scan. Unfortunatley my FS is on holidays for 2 weeks so I can't get in until the 1 Feb - I'll be 8 weeks 4 days and I don't know if I can wait this long DH said I should have asked to see someone else but they didn't offer & I don't want to seem pushy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toshe - I know how u feel! I was supposed to have mine next week and my FS is on holidays. So mine is on the 17th. Fortunately I will be 7 weeks then, so the heart beat will be stronger. Hopefully!!

If u can wait until then and have no signs of miscarriage (which you won't!) your scan should be a wonderful experience as bubs would be developing it's body functions and limbs. Maybe see it that way?? It will still look like an alien but it doesn't matter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Renoir how excitement!!

I am back from my scan and after our very rocky start I am pleased to say that there is indeed a baby and it's in my uterus where it should be and it has a strong heartbeat. The tech said bubba is measuring a few days behind but wasn't the least bit concerned as you can be a couple of weeks out apparently.

So all is well. Amazing!
    Last edited by pumpernickel; 07-01-2011 at 10:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats pumper that's awesome news!
    I could have laid there all day watching and listening to the buns heart beat totally amazing.
    Did I get a cd with piccys? We have our bubba up on our computer as our background and screensaver!!
    You and I are a day apart in due dates! How awesome!!
    Congrats again!!!!
    :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I meant did U get a cd. Lol