I haven't really been lurking, just taking some time to chill out and avoid stressing about things. Has worked pretty well I might add but I do apologise for being a bit slack.
Pumper - sorry to hear about the extra stress re the NT results. It definitely sounds as though amnio's have come a long way, and if it's important for you to know for sure - then it will be a huge weight off your mind to get it out of the way.
Danni - glad to hear your u/s went well. Bugger that you're still getting whacked with MS but like Pumper said, our babies are very resilient little things. As long as you look after yourself as best as possible - get lots of rest etc - things will be fine.
Toshe - I hope your MS doesn't linger for much longer either! I've been MS free for a couple of weeks now, but I must say your mention of "boy sweat" smell did just make me gag slightly
Highhopes - good luck for your OB appointment tomorrow. Glad to see I'm not the only one that's been MIA! We chose not to do the NT test too. Some people/doctors have looked at us a bit strangely for not doing it, but our OB was completely on board with our choice so that's at least a plus.
AFM - well, like I said...have just been trying to chill out and relax while getting past the 12 week mark. My friends missed M/C about 6 weeks ago really scared me, so I've been trying to avoid over-thinking the possibilities. 13w2d today, so I'm definitely starting to feel more comfortable that things are going along ok.
Had my second OB appointment today. Bub was bouncing around like a little kangaroo - very very cute. OB asked us again if we were planning to find out the gender, to which we said a very definite yes and to our amazement she said "well, how about we see if baby wants to let us know today?" I had no idea it was even possible to find out this early!! Anyway, after a bit of poking and prodding up popped a very very prominent/obvious little wang-doodle then the cheeky monkey proceeded to flash it around for the rest of the ultrasound - DH was in stitches . OB did both an external and internal to make sure she had a really good look and is 99% positive it's a boy. She said at this stage she'd definitely bet $1000 on it, but would wait until next time (next month) before betting $1,000,000 on it. So I'm fairly confident that she's right, but will wait until next U/S before branching away from any gender neutral baby purchases.