+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I haven't really been lurking, just taking some time to chill out and avoid stressing about things. Has worked pretty well I might add but I do apologise for being a bit slack.

Pumper - sorry to hear about the extra stress re the NT results. It definitely sounds as though amnio's have come a long way, and if it's important for you to know for sure - then it will be a huge weight off your mind to get it out of the way.

Danni - glad to hear your u/s went well. Bugger that you're still getting whacked with MS but like Pumper said, our babies are very resilient little things. As long as you look after yourself as best as possible - get lots of rest etc - things will be fine.

Toshe - I hope your MS doesn't linger for much longer either! I've been MS free for a couple of weeks now, but I must say your mention of "boy sweat" smell did just make me gag slightly

Highhopes - good luck for your OB appointment tomorrow. Glad to see I'm not the only one that's been MIA! We chose not to do the NT test too. Some people/doctors have looked at us a bit strangely for not doing it, but our OB was completely on board with our choice so that's at least a plus.

AFM - well, like I said...have just been trying to chill out and relax while getting past the 12 week mark. My friends missed M/C about 6 weeks ago really scared me, so I've been trying to avoid over-thinking the possibilities. 13w2d today, so I'm definitely starting to feel more comfortable that things are going along ok.

Had my second OB appointment today. Bub was bouncing around like a little kangaroo - very very cute. OB asked us again if we were planning to find out the gender, to which we said a very definite yes and to our amazement she said "well, how about we see if baby wants to let us know today?" I had no idea it was even possible to find out this early!! Anyway, after a bit of poking and prodding up popped a very very prominent/obvious little wang-doodle then the cheeky monkey proceeded to flash it around for the rest of the ultrasound - DH was in stitches . OB did both an external and internal to make sure she had a really good look and is 99% positive it's a boy. She said at this stage she'd definitely bet $1000 on it, but would wait until next time (next month) before betting $1,000,000 on it. So I'm fairly confident that she's right, but will wait until next U/S before branching away from any gender neutral baby purchases.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Katieee View Post
    Hi Ladies

Anyway, after a bit of poking and prodding up popped a very very prominent/obvious little wang-doodle then the cheeky monkey proceeded to flash it around for the rest of the ultrasound - DH was in stitches . OB did both an external and internal to make sure she had a really good look and is 99% positive it's a boy. She said at this stage she'd definitely bet $1000 on it, but would wait until next time (next month) before betting $1,000,000 on it. So I'm fairly confident that she's right, but will wait until next U/S before branching away from any gender neutral baby purchases.
    That's so awesome! How do you feel about a boy? I am after a girl myself but that little story brought tears to my eyes

Try not to worry about miscarrying. Apparently the stats are at 8 weeks 95% carrying full term and 12 weeks 98% or 99%! Think we're pretty safe. I was worrying about dehydrating it but last night i started to sip water! yay - Thanks god I can drink water again... although I am not going to jump the gun yet. have to see how it works out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Katiee - Such a great day for you today. Knowing that baby is a boy is amazing in such early stage !! Congratulations...
    I totally understand your fear of miscarriage - I had the same fear too.
    I know once we pass our 12 Week mark, it's pretty safe. But I do hear some stories about loosing bubba at 15 - 20 weeks. Nothing really gives me comfort
    Just gotta stay positive I suppose.

AFM, my Week 12 scan today was good too. Bubba didnt really move a lot - maybe taking a nice nap. We did saw bubba kicking his legs and moving his arms. (dunno why I kept typing his = maybe is an instinct that bubba will be a boy ) DH and I really don't mind the gender since this will be our first child. Measurement is on the right track and today is the first time DH and I heard bubba's heartbeat ! Such a nice feeling...
    Obs said things are going well and we don't need to see him too often unless I have some concerns. He scheduled our next scan on Week 18 - Wow, this would be a loooong wait for us.

Hope everyone else is travelling well

Updating our roll call. Do put in your dates for appointments and scans...

Appointments and Scans

Toshe - NT Scan 3 March (13 wks)
    DanniS99 - 2nd OB 16 March (16 wks)
    Kate - 3rd OB 23rd March (18wks)
    Toshe -2nd OB 23 March (16 wks)
    Highhopes - 3rd OB 7th April (18wks)
    Highhopes - Anatomy 3D scan 11th April

August Bubs
    Pumpernickel - 26 August
    Renoirxx - 27 August
    Kate - 29th August

September Bubs
    Danni - 1st September
    Highhopes - 4th September
    Toshe - 8th September

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    Just dropping in to say I had NT scan today and all is perfect! Baby was wriggling round all over the place and we are low risk for trisomy. I am feeling very excited and bought heaps of baby stuff today I also told the family today and they are all over the moon.

Toshe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear, Toshe. Is this the first you mentioned to your family about bub?
    What did you buy?

I have to say - I haven't bought a single thing yet (except for the books on pregnancy lol). I've hit 14 weeks now so 2 more weeks for the next scan. I actually haven't had the results for my NT test but no news is good news the OB's nurse said. I must call tomorrow lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Danni - sorry for the late reply. We've been away a few days at a family wedding. This was the first time we had mentioned the pregnancy to anyone and everyone is so overjoyed for us it feels like we are getting our positive all over again
    I've bought a lot of stuff in the past few days - clothes, muslin wraps, cot sheets, bamboo towel & face washers. I just can't help myself I'm too excited.
    Did you get your NT results yet?
    Toshe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toshe - you have amazing patience. We were telling people at 6 weeks! lol

My NT test came back "no increased risk' so that's all good. Will start shopping after our wedding in Aprill I think. We are concentrating on one poject at a time

Next week I have the 16 week scan which I am looking forward to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all - well I am nearly Week 16. just had an obs apt and was very sad to find they don't do a scan everytime. He did do a heartbeat listen and that was great. Spot on.

Morning sickness is passing but I am getting just constant nausea now... different than the sporadic sickness. Its harder to work feeling crook.

Not much else - although this last week and a half I have developed a bit of a bump. First indication though.

How is everyone!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    everyone

Seem to be a lil quiet here.. I suppose it's good as we are all travelling well with growing bubba

Dannis - Oh what? No scans? Hmmm.. I would felt like you too. I would love to see bubba on each appointment. Though, It's still good to know bubba is doing well with strong heartbeat. I thought they can tell the baby's gender by now... when is your next scan ?

Toshe - Your Obs is coming up next week. Exciting times... probably be able to tell if you are having a lil princess or a lil prince

Kate
    - Yours too... Obs appointment coming up. All the best and tell us all about it

Pumper - How are you? Still having MS ? When is your next scans/appointments?

Pippi/Summar
    - Not sure if you both are still lurking here... if you are, tell us how you are going? Any exciting news to share?

AFM, nothing much but the wait for my next scan is killing me. I should be 16 Weeks this weekend.. Worry comes and goes as hoping bubba is still doing well. My tummy is getting bigger and I think should be a good sign
    I can't wait to feel baby's first kick/movement. Soo curious how this will go...
    If any one of you have felt baby first's movement, do share in this post

Looking forward for a good weekend...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Appointments and Scans

Toshe - NT Scan 3 March (13 wks)
    Kate - 3rd OB 23rd March (18wks)
    Toshe -2nd OB 23 March (16 wks)
    Highhopes - 3rd OB 7th April (18wks)
    DanniS99 - Morphology Scan 07 April (19 wks)
    Highhopes - Anatomy 3D scan 11th April

August Bubs
    Pumpernickel - 26 August
    Renoirxx - 27 August
    Kate - 29th August

September Bubs
    Danni - 1st September
    Highhopes - 4th September
    Toshe - 8th September

Just updated my next milestone - the very cool week 19/20 scan. Won't be finding out the sex (unless we change our minds lol)
    Last edited by DanniS99; 17-03-2011 at 20:07. Reason: reordered dates