+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It freaked me out at the time. I was in tears when they told me. My age related risk is normally 1:88, my NT scan was very good, but my blood results were horrendous. A week later I felt much better. I would obviously still prefer our baby to be a picture of health, but if it isn't, we are ok with that. We want to be parents and are not the youngest (fertility wise that is of course!! At heart we are super young!! ). After three years of trying, an ectopic and a miscarriage, this one has decided to stick around. It might be the only one we might be able to have. I am just excited that I will be a mum.

Don't feel silly, because your risk is lower than mine. We all hope that we get better odds than our age related averages.

The scan on Monday is the anatomical scan, I'll be 19.5 weeks. So we'll see if we learn a bit more about bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oh god even 1:88 would freak me out It's so unfair what we have to go through then deal with this. I mean I don't think anyone should go through this but what a super rough blow for you

Please check in again on Monday to update. I think they look for nasal bone but there must be other markers, something about clenched hands I read somewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the amnio booked in for a couple of weeks time I just can't get past it and stop obsessing. I've had so many issues with this pregnancy I feel I need to get a definitive answer on this

They say the risk of m/c is 1/200 but those studies were done in the 70's!!! Good lord we've come a long way since then and I've read that the rate is more likely 1/2000! So anyway, we'll take the risk and what shall be shall be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls- it's been quiet in here!

Today I have my 12 week (ish) screening and scan. Hopefully it's a internal scan cos they produce such clear pics!

I have still been sick everyday. Now I am second trimester it is a bit of a concern cos of my nutrition intake is pretty crappy! Hopefully this stops soon - I am not enjoying it

Anyway - will update this evening. My apt is at 3pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    best of luck today Danni. You will get awesome shots of bubba. Mine was external and the view was still great.

It seems we're the only ones left on this thread.

You should join the facebook group for the people due in July/Aug/Sept. Message/add haileesmummy, her email addy is that thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still here too girls hope the scan went well Danni & looking forward to hearing some news.

AFM - I'm still plodding along. Ms is still bad, as is tiredness. A new symptom has appeared in past 2 weeks & that's bad headaches I'm 12 weeks on Thursday & will have scan the following Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Toshe and Pumpernickel - had my 12 wk (and 4 days) give or take 2 days. Bub is 60.7mm and heart beating. I was worried I might have starved or dehydrated it but seems not... Have to have the bloods etc for the screening but to be honest I am not too worried about the outcome.

Senstivity to smells is extreme and I throw up a couple of times a day usually (even when the tummy is eempty)

No headaches and tiredness is minimal.....

Talk soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad things went well at scan today Danni . I hear you on the sickness. I throw up an average of 3-4 times per day but maybe 2-3 days per week I keep food down. I'm managing to keep breakfast down everyday though so I feel ok about that, the neasous feeling is fairly consistent whether or not I actually vomit. My sense of smell is also heightened to that of a superhero . I have to change the bed sheets every few days because the smell of 'boy sweat' makes
    me gag . I thought I was doing ok mood wise until this morning when I cried at sunrise because I wanted to be part of a flash dance mob hahaha I think it's the first sign I've had that pregnancy hormones have really kicked in

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi gals! So glad you're still here toshe!

How thrilling to see bubba today Danni. They are strong little things already and manage to survive through all mum's morning sickness and all sorts of things. It's quite remarkable really. Didn't you have to have bloods done prior to the scan?

Toshe, too funny about the flash dance mob causing you to cry. I don't know how you even find out about them? There was a recent one in Perth I think, did you see the video?

AFM, still no MS and if I didn't hear a heartbeat on the monitor every couple of days I'd still have no idea I was pregnant. But apparently I am YAY! LOL Last time MS was from 17 to 27 weeks so I'm definitely not thinking I'm in the clear yet

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry, I have been MIA for a while.
    Seems that I have nothing much to report since my Week 8 scan until now..
    Technically I am Week 12 this week.. My Obs appointment is tmr and don't really know if everything is still well. bubba is doing well..

Congratulations Dannis - Soo nice to see bubba again.

Pumper - Don't worry too much. for a good testing with the amnio.. When is that again?
    DH and I choosed not to go through NT testings... we didn't want to stress ourselves as we would keep the baby no matter what.

Where is Kate? Are you lurking too...
    We have our scans tmr - All the best to you too