+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Appointments and Scans

Pumpernickel - 1st Hospital Midwife Appt 14 Feb (12w3d)
    Pumpernickel - 2nd OP (BP check mainly) 16 Feb (12w5d)
    DanniS99 - scan 21 Feb (13 wks)
    Highhopes - 2nd OB 23rd Feb (12wks)
    Kate - 2nd OB 23rd Feb (13wks)
    Toshe - NT Scan 3 March (13 wks)
    DanniS99 - 2nd OB 16 March (16 wks)
    Kate - 3rd OB 23rd March (18wks)
    Toshe -2nd OB 23 March (16 wks)

August Bubs
    Pumpernickel - 26 August
    Renoirxx - 27 August
    Kate - 29th August

September Bubs
    Danni - 1st September
    Highhopes - 4th September
    Toshe - 8th September

Had my first OB apt today and he did a basic tummy ultrasound. All is well. Little arms and legs moving around and a visible heartbeat. 51mm Looks like I am having a baby!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    awesome Danni!!

I am wondering if this pregnancy was sent to test me in some way. Am I being punished? Did I run over a thousand chinamen or something? NT scan shows I'm "high risk" so isn't that just fantastic I accidentally saw the result at the midwife appointment today. Will speak to the ob on Wednesday but until then I'll just keep on stressing on.

I also am testing positive for leucocytes and protein in my pee. So another yay for me!
    Last edited by pumpernickel; 14-02-2011 at 18:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really, Pumpernickel! What's going on with you? Did you get those chinamen afterall?

Are you sure the results pertained to today's test? It wasn't the fact that you are already considered risky due to your bleeds? (I'm looking for some hope here )

How are you going to wait till Wed, your poor thing!? When do they recommend the amnio? At the OB apt?

Fingers crossed meanwhile.. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seeing the ob at 2pm so we'll see what he says. But you know, all these ups and downs aren't having much of an effect now. I just go yeah whatever, what's next? LOL Just gotta keep on keeping on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pumpernickel - any news?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just not long ago got home. What a decision.

So my age related risk is 1:313 and adjusted is 1:355. If it was 1:300 they would automatically suggest amnio. Ob says I'm only just over that so it was our choice, he couldn't recommend one way or the other. He said we didn't have to give an answer straight away. He said a whole bunch of other stuff like that means .25% chance of Downs and the risks of amnio are 2%.

We would not continue with the pregnancy if it was positive so it's not like it would only be a minor issue (I'm not after comments on this statement please, it's just the way it is).

We declined. What would you gals do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have the amnio - it would clarify the chances I think. Personally I would still have the baby with downs but my partner wouldn't want to. Very hard decision either way.

What did you decline? The amnio? Are you going ahead with everything? There's certainly nothing wrong with that.. Just keep being healthy and eat better than me - lol

Hugs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah we declined the amnio at this stage but I know I'll keep thinking about it LOL

Google says there is a level 2 18wk scan they can do which looks for downs markers so I will ask the obstetrician about that next time.

Do you know how late they can do the amnio? I think around 20 weeks is the deadline????

oh ETA: the ob did say that the most important indicator was the nuchal measurement and mine was great so that had a huge bearing on our decision to decline.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pumpernickel,

I am stalking you . Don't worry, I'm from the July to September thread and was curious how your scan went.

I am not sure if you read that my risk was 1:8 for Downs, so I did a lot of asking and thinking. We went to see a genetic counsellor here in Perth and that was really good. I think for us the decision not to go for an amnio at the moment might be a bit easier than for you guys for two reasons. 1. we would continue the pregnancy anyway and 2. the risks of the amnio are doubled if you have bleeding during your pregnancy or have fibroids, both of which I had and have. But what might be helpful to you is that the counsellor told us that we could do the amnio at any stage in the pregnancy, right up to the very end. So you don't have to stress that you have to make a decision now. Just a little warning, if you do the amnio later and it turns out that the baby does have downs, the termination is not a "simple" D&C, but you go through the whole birthing process, which can be extremely emotional (as if the whole decision and termination process isn't bad enough).

The morphology scan at 18 - 20 weeks looks in detail at the anatomy of your baby and can show markers that might indicate whether the baby has Downs, but apparently it is not actually reliable. It is again just as the NT scan and blood tests just an indication.

I have my scan on Monday, so I'll be able to tell you more about what they are looking at after that. Although we decided to continue in any case, we would like to know to mentally prepare ourselves. The only test that will give a definite answer is the amnio though.

and good luck.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Natalsche For This Useful Post:

DanniS99  (16-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Natalsche, I don't mind you stalking me *looks paranoid* LOL

1:8 would totally freak me out.

I have had 2 huge bleeds plus I still have remaining haemorrhage in there that is yet to come out or reabsorb so I guess that makes the amnio risk way higher!

I wish you all the best on Monday. I feel so silly worrying about our risk now What was your normal age risk? What scan are you having on Monday if you've already got your NT results? Sorry I am confused obviously