+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hello ladies!

How is everyone feeling?

I have reached 6 weeks today!! 2 weeks and 1 day until our first scan..can't wait!

Tiredness is almost constant now and boobs are so sore! Think I will have to sleep in one of my new mat bras as I've been so uncomfortable. Still no major ms..waiting for it though! Totally gone off sweet foods now.

Hope you are all traveling well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

I'm still finding it hard to believe I'm actually pregnant, but it's do early at only 5 weeks today. I've just had my 2nd BT so I hope my HCG keeps rising & progesterone is where it should be so I can shop feeling quite so anxious. It felt a bit like FN wS preparing me for the worst, but I know I'm a bit paranoid & she was just doing her job. My FS is going on holidays so I won't have a viability scan until about the 23rd & I'm not sure how I'll go. I really just want to hear a heartbeat as I've never made it that far. Can anyone give ms some tips in how to relax?

Toshe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops sorry about all those errors, I'm on the iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    toshe - keep busy!! That is the only way I can take my mind of the pregnancy! I am on holidays until the 1st of Feb and it is killing meee...... Can't stop thinking about being pregnant!!

Summa - When I went to accupuncture on Tuesday she treated me for my nausea as it was starting to get worse. I seem to get it either in the afternnon or at night time. Bizarre!! It is easing up! But I have shocking headaches!!
    So I get the nausea under control now the headaches!! I woke up this monring and my (.)(.) have grown even more! I love them.... They seem to be tender while I am sleeping and sometimes during the day..... I called the nurse to confirm my EDD and it is the 5th of September.

I have cravings for oranges and sparkling mineral water!! I am normally a choco-holic but it doesn't appeal to me.

Also my tummy is changing!!

Is anyone going private? I managed to book in with an ob who is very popular in my area. He has good bedside manner and is very understanding! I live along the mornington peninsula (Vic) and there are not a lot of private hospitals. So I have to book in really early.

Katiee - how are you feeling? I think you are the worst with ms! Poor thing!! Many to you and everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Busy day girls! My first day back at work, lucky I only do 2 days a week and I've managed to make it only 1 day next week

I'm actually going to go public this time. I was a private patient last time and all sorts of things went wrong, the obstetrician despite seeing me every few days failed to pick up pre-eclampsia and also failed to pick up my baby in distress which led to an emergency caesarean and her being in ICU for 4 days. It was an absolute nightmare.

We are now in a different area that only has one private and one public hospital. The private hospital doesn't have a neonatal ICU and I want to have one of those just in case there is any repeat of last time. I also believe the midwives will be more on top of things like testing my urine for protein which unbelievably my ob never did!! Being my first pregnancy, I didn't know all that stuff was that important.

I should add that I know not all obs are as neglectful as the one I had (who came highly recommended btw) but the whole experience has really affected me and I can't get past it to try another one just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope I didn't scare anyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pumper, Pippi we went public when I had DD and had wonderful care. I did shared care with the hospital and my GP and it worked perfectly for us. When i did go to the hospital checks I got the same midwife/doctor each time but I know there is a 'pool' of resources for each area.

When i went in to deliver i dont believe I had ever met any of the doctors or midwives caring for me before but they were all wonderful. I was there for a few shift changes and aside from the woman I spoke to on the phone trying to work out if I should come in or not who was just dismissive of everything I told her, i didnt have any bad experiences going public.

The only thing I worry about is that the hospital I went to has now got a 'local' area catchment and you cant go there if you dont fall within that catchment area so I have to try and find out if we fall into that....cause i refuse to go to the closest hospital as i have heard too many horror stories...

If I cant get in to that hospital I will consider going private as I can still go to the hospital I want but just as a private patient....My DH hates the thought of paying for anything when we can get it free through the public system but if I dont have a choice Id rather pay the money and be where I want to be. I will be 39 when I give birth so want to be in a place that I know myself and bubs will get te best care should anything go wrong.

Ohh and I am still getting the 2nd line and my boobs are pretty heavy..... I also have massive lower back pain but I have no idea if this is from the BFP or just a crap mattress....

Only four more sleeps until I can 'officially' join here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally, I am quite confused how they calculate stuff. Both nurses calculated I was due 01/02 Sep. I am apparently 6 weeks pregnant but I didn't have FET (4 day embryo) till 13 Dec.... strange

My HB scan is now two weeks yesterday! yay.... i have been very paranoid about actually being pregnant so I rang the nurse yesterday and I am booked in for BT Fri morning even though I proabably don't really need it. In actually fact since talking to her yesterday my boobs have continued to hurt (lil bit tender - not really bad) and I am a little queasy today... so maybe it's all good! (my worries came about because of the slowness to get a decent HCG level but from the second to third BT the doubling time was 32 hrs)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklicky View Post
    I will be 39 when I give birth so want to be in a place that I know myself and bubs will get te best care should anything go wrong.

Only four more sleeps until I can 'officially' join here!
    Yay - another old girl like me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha, Dannis - I am in the same boat as you too. Wonder how they do their calculation. I was confused as to the weeks I am pregnant. I thought I was 6 Week but clinic only said I was 5 weeks. Thanks to all the lovely ladies here in bubhub that clear things for me. I now convinced myself that I am 5 weeks 2 days pregnant. (Less 1 week that I initially thought I was)
    Lotsa for you for your HCG level.

Pumper
    - Oh dear, how can the OB miss such big thing. I hope this kinda thing does not even happen again. Stay positive for a smooth pregnancy and labour this time round

Jacklicky - 4 more sleeps won't be too far away.

Toshe, Summa, Pippi - Hope pregnancy is treating you all well. Sore boobs is unpreventable but let's hope bubba is growing healthy.

Katiee - Hope everything is smooth there for you. Good luck for HB scan on the 19th

AFM, FN rang for my blood results and all is fine and well. Don't have much MS except sore boobs. Hope this stays like this and lil one continue to grow well. Next blood test 13.12.10 and then HB scan the week after. Can't wait for that special moment.

Updating myself on our roll call...

Scan Dates

Pumpernickel - HB Scan 7th January
    Pippi01 - HB scan 17th January
    Kate - HB Scan 19th January (8w2d)
    DanniS99 - HB Scan 19 Jan
    Summastarlet- HB Scan 20th January (8w1d)
    Highhopes - HB Scan 21 Jan

August Bubs
    Pumpernickel - 26 August
    Kate - 29th August
    Summastarlet-31 August

September Bubs
    Danni - 1st September
    Pippi - 3rd September
    Highhopes - 6th September