+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did you go Jacklicky? Are they going to repeat the level soon to see what's happening?

Work went ok. I really underestimated the number of times I'm up and down out of my seat though. Felt like I was a jack in the box! Hopefully I haven't messed anything up and I'm home resting now with my pessary in.

I am not sure how I'm going to fit in the 4 pessaries today. I told hubby that I couldn't do the morning one and he says "oh how come?" Like HELLO!! I'm at work. What a nutcase. Like I could just say oh excuse me I'm just going to lie down for half an hour. The only discomfort I feel is coming from my ovaries I think so that's all ok. No bleeding.

How was everyone else's day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Pumper, I wondered if you were going to be up and down more than you thought. I work in an office and I realised how much I have to get up and about even though i dont deal with clients.... Glad your resting now.....

Well I start my pessaries tonight....only one a night so not too bad but I still think they are unnecessary.....anyhow I ended up waiting close to 2hrs in total for my prescription....mine you some of that was probably because I cracked it and had to go put more money in the meter and then went to sit in a cafe and had something to eat.

I did call the nurses this morning and they got back to me pretty quickly. She had spoken to my FS and he 'said' he tried calling me last night...yeah right!!!! There were no missed calls on the home or mobile phone. She didnt tell me the levels (and I didnt ask cause I didn't want to stress about them) but she said they were all OK so I assume that means they haven't dropped....Just my progesterone was on the lower side of normal but still in the normal range.

So really I have no real idea if there is something wrong and its just wait until next week now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jack - I tend to think that it's probably just too early as well. I remember asking my FS if I could come in early (6wks 5days) before she went away & she said it's not a good idea as it's too early for a heartbeat & I'd just create extra anxiety for myself. Glad to hear you are on pessaries now & hoping bubba hangs on tight

Pippi - You really have had to deal with a lot these last few weeks so I think spoiling yourself with a bit of retail therapy is a good idea. Have you had it confirmed with a scan that it's non-viable? I'm sending love & hugs your way.

Pumper - it's been a little crazy for you also, sorry to hear you were a yoyo at work. Are u feeling ok? Will you take Thursday off?

Big hello to all you other lovely ladies.

AFM - I had a scan today. Bubba is measuring a perfect 7 weeks 5 days (which is what I am) and is 1.33cm long, looking like a tiny jellybaby. I got to see the heartbeat but I didn't get to hear it or find out bpm as the chick reckons my bladder wasn't full enough (even though I drank a litter of water beforehand & felt like I was about to bust). She wasn't very nice to me, kept asking why I was there etc and didn't try real hard re: heartbeat, basically just said everything looks good see you later as the waiting room was full but I don't care I'm just so happy heart is beating & I'll find out more next week when I see FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Highhopes sorry I missed you but I wanted to say I had a similar experience when ny nephew jumped on me today and I got some sharp pains in abdominal area. I think bubs is pretty well protected in there though so not much too worry about

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh pfft Toshe, what kind of question is 'why are you here'. What a clown So glad for the good report though, yippee!! Did you get some piccies?

Yeah I'll rest heaps and heaps tomorrow and will still do Thursday. There are twice as many clients tomorrow which means I'll be at my desk more rather than trying to sort of the BAS and all the bits of bobs behind the scenes. I'm utterly exhausted today but bubba-wise I feel great. I think it will be an early night, at least that way I might get a few hours sleep before hubby-the-snorer arrives.

I can sense your overwhelming scepticism from here jack!! Don't give up chickybabe! When are they scanning you next?

Did you all see the thread yesterday where they said that senna tabs were bad during pregnancy? Everything I've googled said they were ok Thank goodness I saw the thread because I wouldn't have hesitated in taking more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Pumper. She was a horrible lady and let it be known to me that she thought I should have just waited to see FS next week so I didn't even bother trying to explain the anxiety that goes with IVF & a prior history of m/c. I'm just so happy eveything is ok. I didn't get pics today I have to pick them up Thursday. I'm glad you have decided to stay home & rest and I didn't see that about senna tablets - I wonder if psyillium husk is ok? As I'm using it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jacklicky - doesn't hurt to do the pessaries as well just to be on the safe side. Can't believe you had to wait so long for your prescription!

Pumpernickel - isn't it amazing how much moving around you can do in a day without even realising! I'm sure everything will be fine, especially given you aren't working full time and are putting your feet up afterwards. Yay for no more bleeding

Highhopes - ouch, that must have hurt! with Toshe - bub is very well protected and although it would have been unnerving and uncomfortable I doubt it would have done any damage.

Toshe - that's very frustrating you had such a grumpy U/S tech. Definitely sounds as though she was just being difficult. For both of my U/S's I didn't have a full bladder - I think she was just trying to make excuses. But definitely great that you saw the heartbeat and things are looking good good though that you will get another scan when you see your FS so you can get to hear the heartbeat as well.

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing Australia Day tomorrow

AFM - not much to report. Had a visit from the in-laws today and we showed them the DVD of our U/S which they thought was pretty cool. DH is the youngest of 6 and the funny thing is that one of DH's nieces is having a baby due around the same time as us, so his parents will get their last grandchild and first great-grandchild at the same time. FREAKY!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toshe - that is funny that they said your bladder wasn't full enough! My FS got me to pee!

One of the FN came in with us and gave me hugs after and had tears herself! She was the wonderful lady who got me to persevere with the crinone etc and go back for more tests between Christmas and NY. How nice were they

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toshe, so glad all was good with your scan....sometimes you have to wonder why those technicians do that job....what happened to being professional......

Pumper, I think I did stop using Senna when I was preg last time cause I couldnt get a proper answer as to whether it was OK or not. I just went with the metamucil as my dr said that was ok....and if it ever got too bad I used the glycerine soposartries (sp?) which I was told were ok...but found as long as I kept up the metamucil I didnt really need to use anything else.

Katiee, glad the inlaws were excited. My DH is the same age as his Uncle as well....its just weird!

Dani, Ive had the bladder too full to get a good pic and then she said we ofent get better piccs with an empty bladder...wtf???? why tell me to drink that much!!!!

Well Im just about to do my first pessarie Not looking forward to staying still for that long but cats are fed, DD in bed so I shouldnt have to get up for anything....

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go with the pessary jack?

I'm on 4 a day and since I didn't have time to space them out a bit yesterday I got up at 3am to do another. Oh how fun.

None of us are working today are we? Time to relax for all of us I hope

I found one bonus to being pregnant. My daughter is obsessed with farting, yes I know, she's very charming but anyway, now I discovered I can blame the baby and she think that's hilarious cos you know mummy wouldn't do such a thing

Katieee, that does sound weird getting a grandchild and great-grandie at the same time. I think that's what happens when families ages are spaced apart. My cousins are grandparents and here I am. My father is the youngest of five and we all started late whereas his sister and their offspring all started early.