+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpernickel View Post
    oh yeah some women get it really bad. My sister was hospitalised with it and had to take those biscuits that are normally only given to cancer patients for chemo side effects.

I think what helped me was that I was just so so happy to be pregnant that it didn't bother me at all. I would be sitting there and all of a sudden go "uh oh I need to chuck" go to the bathroom, chuck and then that was that! Too easy. I know I was lucky though so hopefully history repeats.

Do you think the sex of the baby makes a difference to your symptoms?
    Yeah my cousin had to have those too! She had twins-a boy and a girl.

The other women in my family seemed to get worse ms when pregnant with girls. When they had boys they were nowhere near as sick...so perhaps if my ms is mild we may be having a boy?!

I think because we have waited so long for this baby I won't care how sick I get! Although it will make going to work hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    Danni-I think all you can do for now is try to relax and enjoy being pregnant. Worrying is only going to stress you out. I know I am still peeing on sticks to comfort myself that I am still pregnant! Hopefully the next few weeks until your scan goes super quick so you can breathe a little.

Pippi-I feel different but it's hard to describe how!

Pumper-Wow! You were very lucky not to get ms until later and for it not to be too bad! I would love for that to happen to me, but women in my family seem to get quite severe morning sickness.

AFM..Think I will have to go and buy some new bras soon. I feel like I am overflowing!! My nausea is more consistent now soon so I think ms is kicking in for real.
    That's amazing - I thought women didn't get the big boobs till later! Mine are a little sore around the armpit gland area and the sides but that's about it. Certainly no MS yet! I don't even feel different yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Summa - the feeling is hard to describe. We were at the shops today and my DH was looking for a t shirt to buy. I am normally pretty good and have patience but today I was very restless. My lower back was sore and I was a little grumpy. I just wanted to go home as I have no energy! When we were driving home my DH said you do look a little pasty. Thanks Hun!! Enjoy your last week off! I have another four weeks off! The joys of being a teacher.

Danni - my boobs were sore in the same area as yours and I am not complaining of the size! As I have small boobs!!

Does anyone know of cheap online or maternity shops? My waistline is changing already and my jeans don't feel as comfortable. I read that everything is stretching so there is more room for my uterus to grow so the waistline may get bigger early on. I have no hips so I just poke out!
    Jeanswest now sell maternity jeans for $65 which I thought was a pretty good price. If the heart beat scan goes well I may invest in some pants. Maternity clothes are so expensive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Pippi01;5468834]
    Danni - my boobs were sore in the same area as yours and I am not complaining of the size! As I have small boobs!!

Does anyone know of cheap online or maternity shops? My waistline is changing already and my jeans don't feel as comfortable. I read that everything is stretching so there is more room for my uterus to grow so the waistline may get bigger early on. I have no hips so I just poke out!
    QUOTE]

I can't believe you're changing shape already! This is devastating me as I am getting married 10 April and I have very little room to move size wise in my wedding dress in the ribs/bust region! DP says I shouldn't get big till later but from what you say!......?
    Anyone heard what breast feeding is like if you have implants? I have them... given the glands are on top of the implants I don't anticipate any problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Dani, Im not here officially yet but thought Id be a sticky beak....but just needed to reply to you....I was 10wks preg with DD when I got married (yes it was planned). I am only 5ft so very short and my boobs went from a b cup to a d cup in the 10 wks....I had a strapless dress and I was so upset on the day as my boobs were spilling out of it.......Most people didnt notice and my DH loved it but I was extremely upset. As far as the rest of the dress my waist had started thickening but not to any noticable degree so I was still able to fit into my size 10 dress but I did have a dress that tied up in the back so although it was incredabliy thight I was able to loosen it a bit after the photo's....

Ohhh the other good news is I had 'bad' MS for two weeks.....from week 9-11....right over my wedding and honeymoon....DH Im sure enjoyed me leaving the reception and going to the toilet to vomit about 20 times!!!! I started feeling 'hungover' with MS about the 7wk mark....and one morning at the start of my 13wk I woke up and felt normal again...

I probally couldnt hide my preg by the time I was 14weeks...but as I said I was a shorty and there was no where else for bubs to hide but to pop out!

Pippi, pumpkin patch online sometimes has maternity clothes on sale...I got the best pair of cargo pants from there last time and lived in them (I actually wore holes in them I wore them so much). Other than that Big W and Target usually have an OK range but nothing dressy. Not sure about online but ebay has a pretty big selection.....

Well Im going to go back to staring at my hpt for now...hope to see you here in a week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklicky View Post
    Hey Dani, Im not here officially yet but thought Id be a sticky beak....but just needed to reply to you....I was 10wks preg with DD when I got married (yes it was planned). I am only 5ft so very short and my boobs went from a b cup to a d cup in the 10 wks....I had a strapless dress and I was so upset on the day as my boobs were spilling out of it.......Most people didnt notice and my DH loved it but I was extremely upset. As far as the rest of the dress my waist had started thickening but not to any noticable degree so I was still able to fit into my size 10 dress but I did have a dress that tied up in the back so although it was incredabliy thight I was able to loosen it a bit after the photo's....

Ohhh the other good news is I had 'bad' MS for two weeks.....from week 9-11....right over my wedding and honeymoon....DH Im sure enjoyed me leaving the reception and going to the toilet to vomit about 20 times!!!! I started feeling 'hungover' with MS about the 7wk mark....and one morning at the start of my 13wk I woke up and felt normal again...

I probally couldnt hide my preg by the time I was 14weeks...but as I said I was a shorty and there was no where else for bubs to hide but to pop out!
    Oh GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be 4 months! nooooooo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got married when I was 20 weeks pregnant. Had been engaged for years and never thought it was important for us to be married before we had a child but then OMG IVF worked and all of a sudden it became important I didn't think I was showing much but when I see the photos it was pretty obvious! Though my dress was fitted at the top and then it flowed so I didn't need any alterations, it just would have been much looser if there was no bubba on board.

Can you have a dressmaker lined up just in case you need to change something but I wouldn't worry until you start to see how your body does change.

My sister, at 20 weeks, was hardly showing even though she's quite slim so we're all very different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Danni -how tight is your dress? It is highly likely that your waistline will change a little! It may not be much but wedding dresses are generally fitted. Don't panic too much. Maybe take to an alterations person who maybe able to alter it at the last minute? Just eat extremely healthy over the next four months and hopefully you won't get chocolate cravings!!

Jacklicky - congrats on positive HPT. We look forward to having you here in a weeks time!! And thanks for the clothes advice. I don't mind wearing tight tops but I want to be comfortable wearing pants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad I won't have to worry about pants. I should be able to get away with dresses throughout. It's about 30degrees all year round up here so I'm always just in maxi dresses with heaps of tummy room.

Dunno what I'm gonna do about work clothes, maybe some larger tops and then those belly bands under skirts. I'll worry about it later

Thanks
    Reviews
    all the lovely Dec 2010 Graduates,

I haven't been feeling much pregnancy symptoms which worries me a lil. I have only felt sore boobs and nothing much. Hopefully lil bubba is doing well and growing well.
    Also my tummy bloating has subsided . Hopefully can start to enjoy this pregnancy soon. Sometimes I get soo worried that am I still pregnant ?

FN did not advised me when is my next HB scan yet.. possibly Week 7. This week should be my Week 6. BT this thursday and hopefully by then HB scan will be arranged.

Scan Dates
    Pumpernickel - HB Scan 7th January
    Pippi01 - HB scan 12th January
    Summastarlet-around 8 weeks (waiting to book in)
    Kate - HB Scan 19th January (8w2d)
    DanniS99 - HB Scan 19 Jan
    Highhopes - HB Scan TBA

August Bubs
    Pumpernickel - 26 August
    Kate - 29th August
    Summastarlet-31 August

September Bubs
    Danni - 1st September
    Pippi - 3rd September
    Highhopes - 6th September