+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The early 'show' is where our body is stretching to accomodate the growing uterus. (from what I have read) Hence the little bump. So I don't think we are 'showing' in terms of the baby (as you would get at 12 weeks) but it is a sign that our body is changing. Does this make sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippi01 View Post
    The early 'show' is where our body is stretching to accomodate the growing uterus. (from what I have read) Hence the little bump. So I don't think we are 'showing' in terms of the baby (as you would get at 12 weeks) but it is a sign that our body is changing. Does this make sense?
    definitely not baby showing. It's only just approaching the size of a raspberry but the uterus is almost the size of a grapefruit (possibly bigger for some depending on blood flow) which on a smallish frame person can obviously create a bit of a bump. I'm guessing everything nearby is being pushed around a bit too which might add to what's visible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,
    Sorry I've been MIA. I haven't had a chance to catch up on where everyone is but I will do so as soon as I can. I'm in QLD and havebeen slightly affected by floods. I was traveling home from visiting my father earlier this week when a landslide from rain in one direction and a river that burst it banks in the other have caused road closures. Both towns in affected areas have been evacuated but I'm really lucky to have found a small cottage to stay in. This is my 4th day here and I'm hoping I can get home to DH today. To top it off I'm with vodafone and have not had any reception, but today it's not raining and I've got reception so I'm on the iPhone.

I'm supposed to have a 6 week BT today but obviously won't make it so FX everything is ok. On a positive note ive started getting occasional sore boobs & nausea so I'm hoping bubs is still growing well.

Sorry this is a big ME post I'll do personals when I catch up on everyone.

Toshe xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toshe - I wish you a safe journey home.

It is a good sign that you are getting nausea and sore boobs!!! I have been really tired and my sense of smell is really strong. No nausea yet so hopefully it won't come.

Also ladies, target have 20% off maternity bras.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toshe, have a safe trip home but dont risk moving if your still unsure.....Another day or two isnt too long to wait to make sure you are safe. Im sure you can get your scan on another day.....

As far as the maternity bras go I love the Bonds Bumps range. You can get bras and singlets. I have been in them since I got preg with DD and just never stopped wearing them as they were so comfy..... I might go to Target today and check out some new ones!

Well nothing else to report. Felt sick last night when I was cleaning out the laundry where the cats live. I guess thats the sense of smell kicking in. Did try and convince DH he needs to start cleaning out the kitty litter tray....but he is sooooo lazy so I just have to do it myself until I can get the Dr to impress how much I shouldnt be doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie expecting July 2011

Hi all Im a newbie to Bub Hub this is in fact my first post.
    I hope Im posting in the right part of the forum????
    My forum name pretty much speaks for itself as it seems in two short years of IVF Ive become addicted to getting a baby..as this TTC bizzo just consumes ones life.
    I have had 6 stim cycles of IVF over a two year period starting at the ripe old age of 39 I sadly have had one IVF MC on my 3rd cycle.
    I finally cracked another BFP in November to my total surprise after I was convinced the cycle had failed.. and Im now due in late July 2011.
    I am nearly 12 weeks
    The 12 week milestone and upcoming scan are a bit of a worry for me as I lost my last BFP at the 12 week scan so I hope this time its a happier scan.
    This added worry has been my hardest hurdle so far and equally tough on my husband as he worries internally I worry out loud !
    Im about to back read all your posts on this thread and familiarise myself with all the July babymothers stories thus far.
    Has anyone had headaches in their 11-12th week I have had them all week !

BJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Babyjunkie! We are all around 6 - 8 and some of us have head hb scans, I go for mine on Monday.

Sorry to hear that you had a ms at 12 weeks. That must have been really hard for you both. Goodluck with the upcoming scan! I am 6 and a half weeks and already have headaches. They are horrible! Feel free to add yourself to the roll call! There is a great group of girls on this thread and we all support each other! So feel free to discuss your worriers on here.

Jacklicky - I refuse to clean the cat litter. I pre warned my DH that he will be doing it as soon as ET was done. He has been pretty good....

I have started making a cot quilt for my friends baby shower and I am really tired now. It doesn't take much to wear ourselves out. I may have a rest then pop into Target.....

Also my nurse called today to see how I was going, I said to her that sometimes I feel normal. She giggled and said that it is ok to feel like that and there is nothing to worry about. Phew.... Does anyone else feel normal sometimes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Medicare does not cover crinone, does it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DanniS99 View Post
    Medicare does not cover crinone, does it?
    I don't think so - but I don't actually have anything to back that up 100%. I think I recall reading it somewhere, but can't for the life of me remember where.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toshe - Very glad to hear that you're safe, and I hope you're able to get home very soon

Jacklicky - I saw the Bonds Bumps range in Myer a few weeks ago, they look super duper comfy and not daggy like so many other maternity bras. Unfortunately they didn't have any in my size (10DD) but I can see some places online have them in a 12DD, might give that a try.

Babyjunkie - and congrats on your BFP!

AFM - so sleepy this afternoon thank goodness 5pm isn't too far away!