+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yeah no way I'm putting up belly pics now either Jacklicky!

As for announcing, yeah I announced on fb last week. Most knew we were cycling again so it was only a matter of time before people started asking what was going on.

Our immediate families knew from day 1 or when I got the bfp then told to wait until I miscarry then surprise bubba is still on board so they've all been on this little rollercoaster too.

I'd probably just wait till your boss asks and say what katiee suggested that things are looking good and you've got a scan on xx/xx or hopefully he won't ask until after the scan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Katieee View Post
    Jacky - considering your boss already knows you were doing IVF....I'd be inclined to let him know things are looking good from the last round of treatment, you'll be having a few doctors appointments in the coming weeks but it's still early days. He'll no doubt get the general gist that you're pregnant but not wanting to formally acknowledge it just yet. I agree, better not to lie about it particularly if your boss has been understanding and accommodating with previous appointments etc while you were doing treatment.
    concur. My boss was so excited to hear this time round was successful. If it doesn't carry it doesn't carry and I'll just have to tell him (and everyone else lol). I am finding people are loving to share the experience with you and find it interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DanniS99 View Post
    concur. My boss was so excited to hear this time round was successful. If it doesn't carry it doesn't carry and I'll just have to tell him (and everyone else lol). I am finding people are loving to share the experience with you and find it interesting.
    My bosses were really excited too, it was really sweet. On BT day my notification list (in order of calls/messages) was - DH, Sister, Mum, Dad, Bosses

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies!

Jack-if I had told my boss about IVF then I would be inclined to let them know that you have been successful. I am actually debating at the moment to let my boss know once we have our scan next week. I figure even if something (and I hope it doesn't) happens then I will have the support of my workplace if I need time off.

Actually what are everyones thoughts of waiting for 12 weeks to 'officially' annouce your pregnancy? I thought that was what I wanted to do, but now I am leaning more towards making it official once I have my scan and know everything is fine.

Pumper & Jack-I am with you on the belly pics..my belly is all flab and I don't want to share a pic until there is actually baby there!

The rain has eased here and even had some sun today. Hoping the worst of this is over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I are discussing the same thing. He said last night that I won't be able to hide it much longer. My co ordinator at work knows but she said not to say anything until 12 weeks. If people ask I will say yes I may not officially announce it till 10 weeks. The problem is the parents. They will notice straight away and start gossiping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What I am wondering is if our little peanuts are only about 8mm long (if that) how come we're getting tummies already? Is it bloating or what?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Pippi-Good to know I am not the only one contemplating an early annoucement. For me it's more telling work and extended family and friends. Our closest friends and family already know.

Danni-for me it's all bloat!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    everyone

Dannis - I think the tummy/belly issue is mainly from our bloated'ness' and the drugs we've taken. I understand that in any pregnancy - usually not visible until at least Week 12 or so.. In saying this, of cos some ppl does show way earlier than others. I think i have bigger belly compare to my normal days - I blame it on the drugs and the high estrogen in me that makes me bloated.

Summa - I have the same thinking as you.. DH and I really wanted to only announce our pregnancy in Week 12 but we really love to announce it sooner to share our joy After our HB scan (Week 7) and my OB appointment the week after.. We will probably be announcing to most of our close friends
    everything will be fine. Bubba, please grow well and make us all proud mommies

Pippi - parents.. yes, parents always announced it faster to everyone else than we do. Love your belly pictures.. I am still bloated and don't want it to be mistaken and bubba. I'll start to take mine soon.. one before Week 12 and one each month after .

Katiee - Nice to know your bosses are as excited as you and supportive (main thing ) Love your belly picture

Pumper - for announcing on fb !! I am looking forward to my announcement too...

Jacklicky - My DH parents don't know I am pregnant too. They are a bit of a gossiper so they would only be finding out later. I am sure DD will be excited to find out she will have a lil sis/bro soon...

Toshe - How are you coping? OHSS symptoms easing off for you ?

AFM, tmr will be my Week 6 BT and then followed by the week after for HB scan. Hoping everything will be fine tmr. Been feeling sooo tired once started work this week... Find it hard to keep up my energy. So used to taking naps while on about 4 weeks break (for IVF and Chrissy).

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me I have been comfort eating since Xmas and no exercise for two weeks...so the belly I worked so hard to get off is back. I am hoping to get control of the eating one of these days and Im back at the gym but I dont know if Ill manage to get rid of the belly before it starts growing.....

As for telling people...I would love to keep it secret but I hate to lie to people...especially my family but I just want make sure things are going ok before I tell them. So Ill probally tell them after the 6wk scan and then tell 'friends and everyone else after 12wks but Id say the gossip mill will go into fast forward and most people will know after my family know....

I am so tired tonight. Nothing to do with being preg but more to do with the gym session I did.....Feel better for it but so tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I have told pretty much everyone I know lol.

As for tummies - this weekend I am picking up my wedding dress. i am going to get my parents to take some pics of me wearing it with a flat tummy so that after the wedding I can show DP what it was MEANT to look like lol. I think by April I will definitely show!