+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pippi - Twins would be lovely, but I don't think there's much chance of it happening . Apparently 5 day blast transfers have the lowest chance of twins. I think perhaps my stomach muscles just aren't doing a very good job of holding things in! I swim 5-6 times per week, so exercise wise I'm doing pretty well but I haven't done any targeted stomach work for almost a year (was always too paranoid whilst TTC).

Summa - I hope things stay under control as far as the water goes we had quite a bit of flooding here (in Wagga) in November/December and it was pretty scary. I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as what's happening in QLD though.

Danni & Pumpernickel - you lucky lucky ladies! Getting away with such mild symptoms. I'm green with envy - or perhaps just green from nausea

AFM: I figured I may as well start taking belly pics considering there's something to see. This is today at 7wks1day.

I'm very glad we haven't been keeping it a secret, would be a bit difficult to keep it up for another 4-5 weeks!
    Last edited by Katieee; 11-01-2011 at 10:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay for the bump Katieee! I have a similiar bump too. It is funny that you posted a pic as I took one earlier this morning to post. We can compare bellies!! lol.....

Here are a couple of pics of my belly. One is a close up and one is further. It is similiar to Katieee's. I have noticed the change about four days ago. Last week I was really bloated but it has settled quite a bit that I have my diet down pat. Now the bump is higher and the bump below my belly button is starting to feel firmer.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ictureid=14466

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ictureid=14465

Katieee - I have told close family and friends but I don't know how I can keep it a secret when I go back to work. I will be nine weeks and if I am showing now, I will be showing a lot more in a few weeks. I don't wear loose clothes either. So if I buy loose tops people are going to put the two and two together.

Summa - I hope you will not be affected. It is such a sad time for Australia. I was watching Sunrise this morning and they commented that the 7 news helicopter found a car floating in the flash flood and thought it was empty but they saw a family stuck in there. They called the emergency crew but when they arrived the car was gone. It was so sad to watch as you can see the parent in the front seat very stressed. Now they don't know if they are alive. I had tears in my eyes and nearly cried. The pregnancy is making me very emotional!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for your bump too Pippi! Definitely looking similar as far as size goes. I started wearing looser clothing before my first IVF appointment in October last year, so people have kind of gotten used to me wearing loose-ish tops and dresses

I FINALLY got the results back from a BT I had last week through my GP. I ended up having to call my OB's office (she was copied on the results) because my GP's office were telling me I'd have to go in to see the Dr to get the results no way I'm going to spend $70 just to get two numbers they should be giving me over the phone! So as of last Wednesday (6w2d) HCG was 82,150 and progesterone was 159, so I'm feeling a bit more content now I know the results. Doubling rate is still sitting at around 2 days which is pretty good because from what I've read it often starts to slow down a bit once levels get over 10,000.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Loving the belly pics Katie and Pippi!!!

Katie-getting the BT results must put your mind at ease some more.

Pippi-I have been getting teary watching the news updates about the floods too! So far so good for where I am but surrounding areas are not having as much luck. Lots more road closures too. Glad I didn't go to work today...will reassess tomorrow and see whether I can actually get there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely photos! Definite baby bumps already

I know I should be grateful for no m/s, and I am! I started with it at 17 weeks last time so I don't think I'll get away with it this time, just my time hasn't come yet!
    I think I should have some stretchy feelings though to indicate things are growing as they should be or could it all be happening without me knowing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pumpernickel, perhaps being second time round your body isn't quite having the "WTF is going on here??!!" effects I'm sure everything is ticking along nicely in the background

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah that thought did cross my mind too! My "what to expect" book says that second time round things aren't as firm as they were before! It's true

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did laugh at your belly piccs....cause I have a bigger belly than that when i arent preg....although mine is flabby but I can definitely see bumps.....

pumper, i didn't get MS until I was 7-8wks and I know in my heart I'm not going to escape it this time....ohhh well feeling like I'm hungover for five weeks or so while I'm at work will be soooo easy! Last time I was on holidays so i didn't have to pretend.

What do you guys think? My boss knows I'm doing IVF so what do I tell him now? I don't want to tell him I'm preg until at least after the six week scan if we see a heartbeat but i would prefer to wait until the 12wk us.....I have a Dr appointment in two weeks which will seem like a new cycle but then what happens after that when I'm not going every few days.....

My DH said just disappear for 2hrs every few days but I dont feel like I can do that. I was thinking about telling him we have to have a break for a month or so...but I just don't really want to lie cause he is going to know sooner or later....

And OMG I have been eating sooo much food. im not even hungry and Im still eating....I am going to be the size of a house if I cant get it under control!

Anyhow boobs are feeling slightly less sore today and cramping has eased a bit so im feeling pretty good all up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jacky - considering your boss already knows you were doing IVF....I'd be inclined to let him know things are looking good from the last round of treatment, you'll be having a few doctors appointments in the coming weeks but it's still early days. He'll no doubt get the general gist that you're pregnant but not wanting to formally acknowledge it just yet. I agree, better not to lie about it particularly if your boss has been understanding and accommodating with previous appointments etc while you were doing treatment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Katieee, he is understanding but also a little bit intrusive which is why I was debating on saying anything...He asks me questions about where I'm up to and whats happening and they just aren't the kind of questions I want to answer from him....but you are right I think I have to tell him. I will wait until after the scan though cause i can get away with no appointments until the 24/1...then i just have to tell him and hope that he doesn't talk to me too much about it.

I think Im going to tell my mum and dad after the six week scan and I know DH wants to tell his mum then too....but our families are all gossipy so it will be all around the neighbourhood soon after

Have any of you kept it a secret still?

I don't know when to tell DD. Not really sure how much she will understand but I think we might wait until I'm showing a bit cause I'm sure she will tell people...little chatterbox she is.....Its kinda hard trying to stop her jumping on my tummy and accidentally hitting me when her limbs are waving all over the place when she wants hugs....