+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Toshe - I though I had nausea due to hcg but it only happens when I burp a lot. Therefore when I am gassy! So I don't think I have had any signs of m/s. So you are not alone! My sore boobs come and go in waves. They are not intensly sore. With regard to constipation try psyllium. I swear by it. If I miss it one day I notice the difference. It keeps me regular! I know TMI! You can buy it in safeway in the Macro section. It is around $7 but it will last for at least 4-5 months!! You only need to mix a teaspoon in your cereal, milk or with some water.

A hint my my told me...

Don't eat grapes when you are in labour as the bub will have serious number twos! I won't go into detail with what 'serious' means. Lol....

I don't have cramps as such but when I was recovering from OHSS my lower right side was sending tight pain every now and then. It has eased off quite a bit now. I have noticed that when I need to go to the toilet the pain comes back. I think it maybe pressure. As I mentioned earlier. You are now recovering from OHSS and preparing for pregnancy. So you may feel twinges or tight pain. I wouldn't worry too much. It if gets worse you should call your nurse. to you!!

Also you can write anything you like on this forum, even if it is TMI!! That is what we are here for!!

I know it is very early but I have been looking at prams. I am quite fussy with prams. Don't know why!! We are going to have a look at baby bunting today and then do quite a bit of research online to see if we can get it cheaper. I have found some really nice ones but they are quite expensive! Like over the $1000 mark! Ouch on the pocket.... But I do like the Strider plus!! Which is much friendlier on the money side. Anyone else have suggestions??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pippi - exciting that you're going on a pram hunt today! It's overwhelming how much there is to choose from. DH and I bought a Strider DLX (the model before the Plus) with capsule & basinette when we first started TTC around mid 2009 because a) we figured I'd be UTD in a month or two and b) we liked it in red, which wasn't being continued in the Plus series. I ended up selling it about 9 months ago cos with the problems we were having it got to depressing having it around. But anyways, after getting rid of it and started looking at other options I realised how incredibly bulky and heavy it was. A lot of people have them and swear by them though, but that was just my personal observation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Katieee - I totally agree with the bulky part. I was wheeling it around the shop and my DH and I thought how big it was. I fell in love with a mountain buggy 3 wheeler. It is the smallest one out of the three different options, I think it is called city..... I can't remeber but it was so compact and it just glides!! It was in red and I loved the colour. My DH nearly had a heart attack when he walked out. He said the nursery is going to cost a fortune!! I said I told you so!! Luckily we are getting my sister in laws cot.

The problem with the mountain buggy is that I have a funny feeling that my other sister in law has it on layby. She is due in May....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toshe, when I booked into the hospital to have DD I did get asked if she was conceived naturally or assisted! I was thinking what difference does that make!!!! And yeap I am still getting lots of cramps....

Pippi, with parms I know there are so many.....Main things to think off are if the are easy to fold and unfold...even one handed as many times you only have one hand.....How heavy they are and how small they fold down into the boot (especially if you have a small car) and also do they fir through a standard isle/checkout...you would be suprised how many dont and its a pain having to go through the wheelchair exit only especially when they dont have it open.....I had two three wheeler 'Valco' prams (inherited from my sister) which were great for walking and stuff but I ended up buying a Maclaren XLR stroller when she was one as it was so much easier to fit through the shops....

Also find out if your pram can have a toddler seat attached if you are planning more children....My sister had to buy the 2nd Valco pram cause the first one wasnt able to support a toddler seat.

Pumper, my MIL is in Cairns....Earlville is the suburb...

Well no more testing for me....Im all cool with whats going on so now just two sleeps to my blood test....hope the nurses call me with the result cause my FS barely tells me any info but the nurses are great and tell me everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpernickel View Post
    Hi Danni

I'm in Cairns and my FS is in Brisbane so I'm not actually seeing him for scans. My scan yesterday was just done at an xray place. So you're not being referred until almost 12 weeks either? That makes me feel better, thank you
    Actually, yes, now that you mention it. My first non FS scan at 12 weeks is at an X Ray place too. (I have a 8 weeks scan at Repromed though)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippi01 View Post
    Also you can write anything you like on this forum, even if it is TMI!! That is what we are here for!!
    I fully agree. There is no room for squeamishness here - this is what we are here for! And we're all going through the same things with our bodies. Nothing wrrong with detail.. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to say a big thank you. I've been getting so much support from all you wonderful ladies & I honestly don't know how I would have gotten this far without it.

I've decided I want the strides plus 3 - I saw it on special for $599 with a free toddler seat which is a great deal but I didn't buy it as I dont want to jinx myself. I think I'll wait till about 12-14 weeks before making any major purchases.

I was thinking about the 7 week scan - perhaps I should see if my GP will do it while FS is away. Problem is I guess she isn't as skilled & if she doesn't pick up a heartbeat I'm probably setting myself up to be even more anxious. What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    everyone

Hehehe... nice to go pram shopping. DH and I have been looking around over the internet for prams/baby seats/high chairs/bathing stuffs/etc.etc but have not decide on any yet. And Yes, they are seriously $$...
    I have the same thoughts as Toshe.. not doing much/buying yet until I am in Week 11/12. Just in case.
    Every thing is worrying me so far and I am stressing myself out for no reason.

Toshe - Cramping is normal especially with OHSS. My OHSS symptoms are subsiding especially the bloated'ness. Phew, that's the hardest part... my last blood shows that my estrogen level is still high but coming down. I still have cramps around my womb area... cramps like AF (a bit scaree)

Hope everyone else is doing fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We won't be buying anytime soon but I want tonout my feelers out so I know what is on the market. In April we are going on our last holiday before bubs comes along. We will be saving for that...

What is everyone's view on drinking tea 3 - 4 times a week. I drink peppermint tea but sometimes I crave a normal tea. Is this ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will have to buy a pram again too. We went through every type imaginable first time round so won't be spending a lot on one at all. After a few months I got sick of each one and found issues with them so I'd try a different type LOL I did find however that the 3 wheeler was the worst and would almost tip over in just a slight breeze but I think it's something you need to try for yourselves as I know some people like them.

We sold our cot last year too so will have to get one of those. And a car seat. And hmmm dunno what else! It sounds like a great idea for a spreadsheet I am such a nerd.

Toshe, just go to an xray place. I could hear the heartbeat but saw the flicker straight away and they could still measure it easy enough. Find somewhere that bulk bills and of course still go for your one with your FS so you get to see bub a bonus time

Jacklicky, Have been to Earlville a few times, there's a huge shopping centre there. Well, it's huge by Cairns standards. We don't actually go into Cairns much as we're about 30mins north in Palm Cove, almost half way to Port Douglas. It's beautiful but steaming hot. There's always a trade off hey